Thread: shadow

Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    Deleted

shadow

is shadow hard to play? am thinking of going it in a week or two as main.

edit, which racebenefit sp best at horde=)?
    Last edited by mmocb8ab34e546; 2014-01-22 at 04:04 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aqira91 View Post
    is shadow hard to play? am thinking of going it in a week or two as main.
    Depends on the level you're playing. Easy to play, hard to master. If you want big numbers you're better off rolling something else (ie. other clothie) since they are higher tuned in MoP and Blizz won't change this.

edit, which racebenefit sp best at horde=)?
    Troll.

10+ Year Old Account
    Shadow isn't a difficult spec to play. It's a little more than a two button hero, but it's nothing crazy or overly complex. More of a priority list than a set rotation when playing it well. I personally wouldn't main it right now if you have the choice since our single target DPS is pretty lackluster right now, but that's up to you.
    A life spent making mistakes is not only more honorable, but more useful than a life spent doing nothing.-George Bernard Shaw

Deleted
    its preatty easy, shit and not competitive.

Try lock instead

Quote Originally Posted by lolalola View Post
    Easy to play, hard to master.
    Thissss ^^^

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Katjezz View Post

Try lock instead
    IMO playing a spriest isn't easier than playing any other caster , especially not lock. You have to snapshot perfectly in order to do max possible DPS, just like locks. And while high movement is little to no issue for any other caster, rspecially locks, it completely screws over shadow if youre not preparing for it in advance. And even if you do manage to forsee certain movement periods , Bad timing oft those will likely cost you an arm and a leg nevertheless.

Shadow is slightly underperforming, ill take that, but in terms of difficulty, with no class being rocket science ATm , its up in the top 3 with affliction Locke and feral druids. Every other class except sub rogue maybe is a complete brainfart.

Deleted
    SP has less buttons and uses less macros then any other caster. You will never find more simple caster to play with.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sifu View Post
    SP has less buttons and uses less macros then any other caster. You will never find more simple caster to play with.
    ele shaman says hi

10+ Year Old Account
    A mage has basically the same things to keep track of. Something to apply and refresh, something to cast on cooldown, something to cast when you have charges of something, and a filler spell. There's even a proc cast like brain freeze if you spec into it.

Then there's arcane.
    Last edited by Yuni; 2014-01-23 at 12:52 PM.
    A life spent making mistakes is not only more honorable, but more useful than a life spent doing nothing.-George Bernard Shaw

15+ Year Old Account
    My spriest in PvP spec has more buttons and macros than my Aff Lock - not sure if serious?
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Katjezz View Post

Try lock instead
    easy to be shit, if you play it well then you can be competitive

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Yvaelle View Post
    My spriest in PvP spec has more buttons and macros than my Aff Lock - not sure if serious?
    Do we play the same game? I have both: SP and Affliction lock and i must say that Affl has at least one more action bar to manage + a pet action bar + far more macros due to Soulburn. So how do you get more buttons on your SP? More macros, maybe, if you are a kind of perfectionist:P

Quote Originally Posted by Lazu View Post
    IMO playing a spriest isn't easier than playing any other caster , especially not lock. You have to snapshot perfectly in order to do max possible DPS, just like locks. And while high movement is little to no issue for any other caster, rspecially locks, it completely screws over shadow if youre not preparing for it in advance. And even if you do manage to forsee certain movement periods , Bad timing oft those will likely cost you an arm and a leg nevertheless.

Shadow is slightly underperforming, ill take that, but in terms of difficulty, with no class being rocket science ATm , its up in the top 3 with affliction Locke and feral druids. Every other class except sub rogue maybe is a complete brainfart.
    Playing Shadow optimally is certainly more difficult than playing Ele or Frost at the very least. There was even a blue post recently about Shadow being deceptively hard to play a high level.

One reason why shadow is deceptively hard to master is that we are a dot heavy class that still has no Pandemic mechanic for dot refreshing, so timing when to refresh or clip a dot with int procs takes alot more consideration (or addons) than it takes for affliction for example. And as was said being the only caster dps with no filler attack while moving (unless you count praying for procs) means we need to think much more about when to move and how to minimize the drop of our dps while moving.

Do we play the same game? I have both: SP and Affliction lock and i must say that Affl has at least one more action bar to manage + a pet action bar + far more macros due to Soulburn. So how do you get more buttons on your SP? More macros, maybe, if you are a kind of perfectionist:P
    No boss target macros, what a joke.

Stream: twitch.tv/DryeLuLZ
    Twitter: @Dryeqt

Deleted
    Destruction warlock is easy to play. F&B is generally pretty easy to master. Even if you don't do your Shadowburns and Havoc perfect, you'll still do great DPS. With the same gear as a shadow, better than shadow on the fights where you are supposed to play destro.

Affliction should be pretty easy to master for someone who plays a shadow and vice versa.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lazu View Post

Ye, no. That is BS lol.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Redsparowe View Post
    ele shaman says hi
    Hi

10char

15+ Year Old Account
    I have 68 keybinds or something the last time we counted (this topic comes up like once every other month), as a Shadowpriest. My Lock only has like 52 or something. Shadow has a host of discipline and holy spells which are integral to our gameplay - Affliction pretty much Never uses the demo/destro spells they have access to - you only need Rain of Fire and like... maybe something to cast if you get Shadow-locked - but even that is arguable and suspect.

How many soulburn macros do you have? Maybe I can simplify that for you

Pet action bar...
    My lock has: attack, passive, ability.
    My spriest has: attack, passive, summon/dispel.
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter

Spriest isn't that hard to play, and it is a TON of fun. Being the person that can pressure a whole team and then kill someone with procs up out of no where is so satisfying. My afflock is cool and all, dot galore, just killing a competent person that has a team mate is just hard and annoying imo.