Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Rosstafa View Post
    Would be cool to see him get a new model, as he'll obviously start looking outdated with other trolls.
    Seems far more likely that he is already what new trolls will look like. Same as Garrosh's remake is for Orcs.
    Soothing Mist:"Healing them for a minor amount every 0.5 sec, until you take any other action."
    Jade Serpent Statue: "The statue will also begin casting Soothing Mist on your target. healing for 50% as much as yours. "
    [What's half of minor?]
    "Statue casts Soothing Mist at a nearby ally for toddler healing."

Garrosh got updated for Cataclysm and then again for MoP. Don't think its out of the realm of possibility. They need to do it if only to update his facial animations, after all.

Of course, on that note they still haven't gotten rid of Garrosh's Cata model from the game. That looks completely awful when you remember what his current model looks like.

No.... just No.... I rather they take the time to make Baine better than to give Vol'jin another make over.

Quote Originally Posted by arcaneshot View Post
    Garrosh got updated for Cataclysm and then again for MoP. Don't think its out of the realm of possibility. They need to do it if only to update his facial animations, after all.

Of course, on that note they still haven't gotten rid of Garrosh's Cata model from the game. That looks completely awful when you remember what his current model looks like.
    Just so you know Vol'jin did too, look at page 1.

10+ Year Old Account
    a new....WARdrobe :P

Quote Originally Posted by Kioshi View Post
    Just so you know Vol'jin did too, look at page 1.
    Just so you know, Vol'jin got updated for WotLK, not Cataclysm. And even then, if you bothered to read the next sentence, you would've figured out which side of the fence I'm on.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ok yeah Baine needs it much more then anyone else. Poor dude.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by arcaneshot View Post
    Just so you know, Vol'jin got updated for WotLK, not Cataclysm. And even then, if you bothered to read the next sentence, you would've figured out which side of the fence I'm on.
    yea, and look at how crappy Baine is, look at the damn SoS ending, which character do you feel sorry for the most? So "no" for Voljin till Baine get one, Taruens needs some love. They killed his father gave Voljin a new model and garrosh and what they gave him crap.
    Last edited by Kioshi; 2014-01-24 at 03:03 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm sure Baine will benefit from the updated Tauren models.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Moon Blade View Post
    He's a Troll. They aren't big on clothing. Same with Orcs for that matter. Get over it.
    coz all the orcs wandering around 24/7 in plate armor means they aren't big on clothing :P

but seriously, they could at least give him some pants (he's wearing some in the loading screen art for crying out loud)
    Quote Originally Posted by Zombiebob
    I'm still waiting on someone to tell me where all these people that suddenly care about Warrior balance were during Cataclysm when they were blow up dolls with plate armor on.
    Quote Originally Posted by cutterx2202 View Post
    Stop complaining to solve your lack of ability, and start reading and practicing to gain ability. Stop trying to bring people down to your level instead of striving to raise yours.

My guess is he will be in his current custom model (#3) but with a revamped troll skeleton underneath. Possibly skin too, not sure how customised his skin is.

Unless they decide to make a whole new custom model for him.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    My guess is he will be in his current custom model (#3) but with a revamped troll skeleton underneath. Possibly skin too, not sure how customised his skin is.

Unless they decide to make a whole new custom model for him.
    I actually don't think they'll redo his rigging. Seeing as he's a model that's going to sit in a room of Orgrimmar for the forseeable future and be largely sedentary, I don't really see the need for Blizzard to go through the duress of comporting his model, which uses the old troll skeleton, to the new one, as they'd have to do that task manually.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    I actually don't think they'll redo his rigging. Seeing as he's a model that's going to sit in a room of Orgrimmar for the forseeable future and be largely sedentary, I don't really see the need for Blizzard to go through the duress of comporting his model, which uses the old troll skeleton, to the new one, as they'd have to do that task manually.
    I'm sure it's just a matter of

SET Voljin.rig = Newtrollhere.rig

Although it might cause clipping issues with his armour? There would be some benefit eg, if he speaks. Also I love Vol'jin but frankly his face looks appalling in the closeups in the SoO cinematic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

10+ Year Old Account
    New model? Don't be silly..

New outfit? Probably.

Quote Originally Posted by Imnick View Post
    He already got a new model in MoP and it looks pretty great, they're not going to give him another one.
    That is true.

Quote Originally Posted by Deathgoose View Post
    He's all like "The only reason I'm crouching in this last picture is because if I stand fully upright, my troll junk would be in yo' face!"
    And this guy won the topic.

I am perfectly fine with him being how he is...this has nothing to do with him being nearly completely naked, why are you looking at me like that?

Ah, who am I kidding. He could stand to be wearing even less, in my eyes.

(usually he is)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    I'm sure it's just a matter of

SET Voljin.rig = Newtrollhere.rig

Although it might cause clipping issues with his armour? There would be some benefit eg, if he speaks. Also I love Vol'jin but frankly his face looks appalling in the closeups in the SoO cinematic.
    I'm sure the skin would probably be shot to hell. Remember, they were designing the new character models from the ground up... Vol'jin's skin likely wouldn't be the right size, and his armor probably wouldn't be on the correct points either.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

He doesn't need a whole new model, but if they could paste some, I dunno, Horde armor on there, in addition to the troll stuff, that'd be nice. It's not like there isn't any room for it. He's not just a troll now, he's the Warchief. Thrall wore Doomhammer's old plate. Garrosh wore the tusks of Mannoroth. Both symbols of the Horde. Because that's what a Warchief is. His weapon doesn't have a name. Whose skulls are those on his spikes? Is there any particular significance to his greasy loincloth? In short, where's the history here? Doesn't have to be orc history. There's got to be some Horde troll artifact they can slap on him.

You should have put up the Warcraft 3 version too you know.

He looks fine