Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by NSrm View Post
    While its a nice upgrade, i don't think its that big of a deal. I definitely don't think you can compare upgraded models to a new race or class being added.
    Technically, there's 10 new Races worth of new models going into WoD. But it's true that there is a certain kind of "newness" that new races bring in terms of uniqueness and new lore, etc. However, I would have taken Vanilla/BC race model, texture and animation overhauls over 1-2 new races any day.
    You just lost The Game

Quote Originally Posted by Gps View Post
    I dont get why people are going crazy over the new models. We put armor over our characters and zoom all the way out. Its not like you'll prob notice any difference.
    I don't get it either. Frankly I could care less.

I dont get why people are going crazy over the new models. We put armor over our characters and zoom all the way out. Its not like you'll prob notice any difference.
    I notice my Orc Male's face all the time and try to come up ways to cover it up.

Being a player who has been in the game since early classic this is something I'm excited to see. I don't play zoomed all the way out unless I have to. I enjoy seeing my character as it is the body I use to interact with the rest of the game world. To see them being upgraded is a great feeling to me. Does every one feel the same? Of course not. Plenty of people feel just like the OP and just don't care. It's one of those things that some people like and others don't. It happens all the time. either way though it's happening so there is little point in arguing/ranting about it now.

Onto the differences in look though? I think you're just upset they are putting resources into this rather then something else because I see a huge difference. I'm some one who tends to pay attention to every little detail so I tend to notice even subtle changes. This though? It's a massive difference in character structure and texture quality. I'm not going to call it top quality or anything because it's not. But compared to the old and still current models this is huge.
    Last edited by Elemynt; 2014-01-24 at 02:47 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mang View Post
    I don't get it either. Frankly I could care less.
    Saying you could care less implies that you care to a level that it is possible to care less.

Thanks for letting us know that you care.

10+ Year Old Account
    NPCs will also have the models

the human male is what all gear is based on.... so if they fix that..... the gear they will make in the future will look better

check out the blizzcon footage of gameplay the animations look very similar to the same you wont notice a big difference lol

10+ Year Old Account
    A better question is - why do people make these stupid topics, in which they are incapable of understanding why everyone else doesn't think the way they think?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mang View Post
    Frankly I could care less.
    It's couldn't care less. Not could.

Could suggests you could care less than you actually do.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by NSrm View Post
    While its a nice upgrade, i don't think its that big of a deal. I definitely don't think you can compare upgraded models to a new race or class being added.
    Are you serious? We just got the monk class, and it'd be better for them to balance the ones we already have instead of adding a new one. I'm sure most would agree that updating the existing races would be better than getting a new one.

Quote Originally Posted by IKT View Post
    Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt. - Abraham Lincoln
    ^

Seriously, YOU don't care so why even use "we" in the title...?

OTHERS do care, and there are a million reasons. As many reasons as there are individuals playing. You don't understand why? Your loss, really. Others, like me, get great joy out of nice animations and our toons looking a certain way. It might even be as easy as people getting annoyed by toons in a 2014-and-still-going game still looking 2004.

Each and every one of my toons has a fav transmog set of mine, they have names I put TONS of time into and they all have their "history" with the leveling experience behind them. Emotional attachment to toons might seem weird to people naming their toons Swagyolo and jumping between FOTM-classes (generally speaking) but I didn't join an mmo to be detached.

As for people saying they would rather have had another class or new race...you've gotten your stuff for the past years, time to give the rest of us what we want. New classes and races get tiresome when the other old races keep having less polygons and worse animations than everything else around them.
    Last edited by Queen of Hamsters; 2014-01-24 at 03:02 AM.

I don't care about the models.

They did the models because the game is looking dated, and this is turning off potential new players who can compare graphics to that of other MMOs. New character models make these comparisons go slightly better for WoW.

That's all there is to it. The new models are for "hey, our game looks like this" screenshots and slightly better impression during the first hours of play time.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't care about the model. Only time I see my characters face is on my singnature on MMO-C

10+ Year Old Account
    I didn't care for a long time since I covered my guy in sweet looking armor that was up to date artwise anyway.

However, I realized that updating the player race models will also update all of the NPCs that use them, making most of the NPCs in the game look sweet too. All that will help elevate the visual element of the game experience immensely.

So yeah, I'm on board with them now. Do lady taurens next, Blizz!

10+ Year Old Account
    Well I for one actually play zoomed fairly close. (Not that were I'm at will have new models.)

I think the best summary for this thread was "This is why we can't have nice things". People on MMORPG forum often question how Wow continues to keep such a huge playerbase, well it seems pretty clear it's because a lot of Wow players don't care how outdated their game is...

Quote Originally Posted by Snorlax View Post
    Graphics are not the same thing as Aesthetics. Anyone that instantly claims that the Warcraft art style is inferior graphics completely misses the point.
    That doesn't change much, honestly. WoW does look very outdated compared to many - I'd say most - modern games for many, many, many people. Character models are going to help a bit with that (and even then there's a question of will they help enough? enough to justify the apparently enormous time costs? not sure, really...).

I'd rather see more 5 mans. If the whole focus of the game is raiding, it really isn't world of WARcraft, it's a pure raiding game. I don't mind raiding mind you, but I am getting older and time doesn't come in as big chunks as it used to, so I'd rather see more "little" stuff. Scenarios are garbage and not the answer either

Oh I don't give a rats ass about new character models if the above didn't indicate indirectly through tone.

It's not just new models- it's new animations as well and potentially new sub-race skins.

People love customization. So much so that in one of the Blizzcon's where they announced the Barber Shop they got the biggest applause for it.
    "It's 2013 and I still view the internet on a 560x192 resolution monitor!"

10+ Year Old Account
    I think this is the WoW for you:

Last edited by Aquamonkey; 2014-01-24 at 06:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by arcaneshot View Post
    I notice my Orc Male's face all the time and try to come up ways to cover it up.
    Helms.
    You're welcome.