Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    This happened to one of my friends. She mailed some BoAs to a new character on a new server, and they just vanished. Didn't appear in the new character's mail, or back on the character she sent them from. She's had a ticket open for a few days now and today it was closed with no response. She's not too happy with that.

Also, she got no special code or response of any kind. The ticket just closed with a survey popping up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well I learned something in this thread today. Hehe
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

I've had to submit less than 10 tickets in my 7+ years of playing WoW, and I've never had a problem. If people are spamming the wrong categories in order to jump the queue, I'm not surprise Blizzard just shut that off.

Quote Originally Posted by chrth View Post
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/1011699/

Unbelievable. The queue is big, so rather than filter or, I don't know, do their jobs, they just mass closed a whole bunch of open tickets with a generic response.

On the plus side, I'm sure their response time reports will look positive this month.
    I used to work customer support at a major healthcare company (fortune 500). Not my team, but a team with a very popular product did not grow the tech support team along with the new sales. So tickets increased and increased. Finally there was something like 1500 tickets in the queue for 5 people. They started bringing in contractors and outsourcing to India, but they still have to train all these people. Finally it got to the point where they just closed teh vast majority of non-critical cases (or actually moved into a dead queue). At a certain point if a ticket is 3 months old, they can probably live with the issue while the CS team tries to solve the issues that are causing system downs. This may be what is occuring here, i don't know.

10+ Year Old Account
    Maybe the banwave they just did, has caused a surge of people pleading for there account to be unbanned.
    I'm gonna let 'em know that Dolemite is back on the scene! I'm gonna let 'em know that Dolemite is my name, and fuckin' up motherfuckers is my game!

Maybe it's a sign that they plan to drop their subscription model, it's basically what you are paying for. For $15 a month, you expect triple AAA quality, 24/7 support.

The what, $120 cost (Tell me if I'm wrong) to upgrade to MoP already pays for the game itself. (Classic and BC are free)

Their small cash shop + game services acts as their current steady income.

That is all they need to keep steadily improving the game.

So the only thing left for us to lose is their premium (Maybe?) support. For 7+ million active subscribers you need to have a ton of people to take calls, people dedicated to doing things such as Race Changes, Realm Transfers. People who support those that I just mentioned. Your looking at a 1,000 man army just dedicated to support for $15 a month. (Including everyone involved)

Im no fanboy whatsoever, and I've had nothing but good experiences with gm's. Yea you might have to be patient, but they have always solved any issue I was having. Like others have said this seems like a cleanup because of the backlash from the bans.

A blue even admitted they did it on purpose. I'd be fired if I pulled something like that.
    Really? I work for a major bank and those jerks in IT close a ticket at a moment's notice!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

its a sledgehammer fix thats for sure, but i could see why they did it, and if i read it right everyone that had their ticket closed got a code to use in the new ticket to expedite it.. Sounds fair to me.

A blue even admitted they did it on purpose. I'd be fired if I pulled something like that.
    Link. Link me dat shit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shurkuris View Post
    Maybe it's a sign that they plan to drop their subscription model, it's basically what you are paying for. For $15 a month, you expect triple AAA quality, 24/7 support.

The what, $120 cost (Tell me if I'm wrong) to upgrade to MoP already pays for the game itself. (Classic and BC are free)
    Classic-Cata are currently bundled up for 20$, with MoP being.. another 20$? maybe 30$?

The last sell, you could get the complete game for 20$.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

Quote Originally Posted by Pann View Post
    That is not the problem for those that have genuine issues and this ban wave did not come as a surprise to Blizzard. For the most part if the customer takes time to contact your business their issue is not a waste of time.
    Bull . Most people complain about rubbish things , in this case its CHEATS wanting their accounts back . If all you hate Blizzard that much , stop playing the game and even better stop posting here .
    And to all those who don't realise or don't like that its a public companies LEGAL and MORAL obligation to make as much money as possible for their shareholders , go live in china or Russia and see how you like that

Well, my ticket was closed with a stupid message attached. Meaning, they didn't even take the time to read it. I've been having an ongoing harassment issue and this is the reply they gave me:

​Hi,

Thank you for contacting Customer Support. We regret that it has taken a while to get to your ticket, and sincerely apologize for the wait time.

It looks like you had some concerns recently with an in-game issue. First, we wanted to let you know that there are a lot of great self-help resources out there for game related questions and issues. These include information and tips about everything from quests, achievement walkthroughs, item details, and general strategies that our players have helped develop.

---------------

www.wowhead.com

http://wowpedia.org

http://www.icy-veins.com/completed-quests-checker-wow

Our support website also offers help for account and technical issues, including a self-restore for lost items! (https://us.battle.net/support/en/)

----------------

If you still need help with the original issue that you reported, we will do our best to expedite your request. Please submit a new ticket with the following code word at the start of your ticket:

Code Word: xxxxxxxxx

Please make sure to also include a detailed description of what you need help with, any characters or items involved and a general time frame. Thank you very much for your patience!

Customer Services
    Blizzard Entertainment​

~~~~

Seriously, wtf. Harassment issue? USE WOWHEAD. -_- And they wonder why they are losing customers left and right.

Never had any problem with any thicket. The truth is that I never opened retarded tickets either. Had item disenchanted, fixed. Had been stuck in the limbo somewhere fixed. Had broken rogues quest, fixed. Seen someone exploiting a shit, not only fixed, but also got many thanks. All of them where solved within 24 hours, even though sometimes it was saying there 3 days waiting time when I created them... Also had an authenticator issue solved over Skype in minutes, top notch service

Saying they "don't care about the customers" is just dumb, it's obvious that anyone can make mistakes or you might have the misfortune to get to a rookie GM or whatever. Also don't expect them to worship your fucking "customer ass", do you worship the customers of the company you work for? I BET NOT, at most you're trying to do the job the best you can. Most don't even give a shit, they only care about the salary. That's why there are mechanisms in place, like supervision and evaluation, to keep the people on the right track.

there's millions of people in this game, from what I've seen, most of them are idiots. Those idiots probably put in pointless tickets. I don't blame them. If people where sensible then there wouldn't be thousands of tickets to go through each day. I agree with the above post too, I bet half of you hurl abuse, and act like arrogant toddlers when you get a response.
    Last edited by thunterman; 2014-01-24 at 07:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Yeah that's false. But go ahead creating Straman Jaylock.

There must be a good reason to do it.
    I thought this level of fanboi-ism didn't truly exist anymore. My god, I'm loling.

Infracted.
    Last edited by Zaelsino; 2014-01-24 at 05:07 PM.
    I would love to have nice things in game but the game is just too hard for me to earn them in.

Don't worry friend, let us go to the Blizzard store!

Quote Originally Posted by DarkArchon View Post
    Your in the wrong because ... you haven't been smart

Deleted
    this shouldnt happen, but half of my tickets doesnt get responded to either

Quote Originally Posted by Mosotti View Post
    Never had any problem with any thicket. The truth is that I never opened retarded tickets either. Had item disenchanted, fixed. Had been stuck in the limbo somewhere fixed. Had broken rogues quest, fixed. Seen someone exploiting a shit, not only fixed, but also got many thanks. All of them where solved within 24 hours, even though sometimes it was saying there 3 days waiting time when I created them... Also had an authenticator issue solved over Skype in minutes, top notch service

Saying they "don't care about the customers" is just dumb, it's obvious that anyone can make mistakes or you might have the misfortune to get to a rookie GM or whatever. Also don't expect them to worship your fucking "customer ass", do you worship the customers of the company you work for? I BET NOT, at most you're trying to do the job the best you can. Most don't even give a shit, they only care about the salary. That's why there are mechanisms in place, like supervision and evaluation, to keep the people on the right track.
    Hi there, excuse me. They *should* worship my "fucking customer ass". I pay their salaries. So does countless others. Asking for good customer service should be the least of their worries.

Lets theorize here for a moment.

200 tickets are open in a day. 20 are stupid dumb look it up stuff on google. And the rest are game related issues. Harassment, stuck, missing items, oops, I disenchanted this shit by accident, etc.

Now, they go and close these 200 tickets without reading them.

Next day. 300 new tickets arise. They do the same thing, close all 300 without reading them.

What do you think is going to eventually happen?

People will start canceling their subscriptions due to poor customer service. Thus, Blizzard has to lay employees off, have cutbacks, etc. Every conference call so far in the past 2 years has shown nothing but subscription losses. Blizzard has already laid off quite a few people.
    So in short yes, they should "worship my fucking customer ass". You make a game, you PAY for the game, you in turn are PAYING their salaries to keep said game going.

I can understand if a ticket is beyond stupid, but meaningful tickets should not be overlooked. Especially the way they were just overlooked in the past day or 2.

That's like going to a movie theater, sitting down to watch a movie, and half way through it shuts off. You get out of your seat, complain, but the theater manager tells you "oh well". Will you go back to that movie theater again? Most likely not. If they treated every customer that way, whats going to happen to that movie theater? Its going to shut down. Simple logic.
    Last edited by Demona3; 2014-01-24 at 08:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Demona3 View Post
    Hi there, excuse me. They *should* worship my "fucking customer ass". I pay their salaries. So does countless others. Asking for good customer service should be the least of their worries.

Lets theorize here for a moment.

200 tickets are open in a day. 20 are stupid dumb look it up stuff on google. And the rest are game related issues. Harassment, stuck, missing items, oops, I disenchanted this shit by accident, etc.

Now, they go and close these 200 tickets without reading them.

Next day. 300 new tickets arise. They do the same thing, close all 300 without reading them.

What do you think is going to eventually happen?

People will start canceling their subscriptions due to poor customer service. Thus, Blizzard has to lay employees off, have cutbacks, etc. Every conference call so far in the past 2 years has shown nothing but subscription losses. Blizzard has already laid off quite a few people.
    So in short yes, they should "worship my fucking customer ass". You make a game, you PAY for the game, you in turn are PAYING their salaries to keep said game going.

I can understand if a ticket is beyond stupid, but meaningful tickets should not be overlooked. Especially the way they were just overlooked in the past day or 2.

That's like going to a movie theater, sitting down to watch a movie, and half way through it shuts off. You get out of your seat, complain, but the theater manager tells you "oh well". Will you go back to that movie theater again? Most likely not.
    There's a automated item restoration now. So erm... "go google it" Its the same sort of thing as tips in the USA. You expect it, the fact you 'expect' it, means you don't deserve it. If you are polite and reasonable, you deserve good service. If your an arrogant asshole, that expects everyone in the world to lick your boots regardless of your attitude, you deserve to be ignored.

Quote Originally Posted by thunterman View Post
    There's a automated item restoration now. So erm... "go google it" Its the same sort of thing as tips in the USA. You expect it, the fact you 'expect' it, means you don't deserve it. If you are polite and reasonable, you deserve good service. If your an arrogant asshole, that expects everyone in the world to lick your boots regardless of your attitude, you deserve to be ignored.
    I was never once rude or arrogant about the issue. I have an ongoing harassment case. I thought it was taken care of, but yet the problem persists. After waiting 4 days for my ticket to get answered and they close with "look it up on wowhead" does kinda get me steamed a bit. Also you picked out 1 hypothetical thing in my post? lol

*edit*

Also, I am going to say, this is a very sore subject with a lot of people at this moment. Considering what just happened. No one is right and no one is wrong. Everyone is entitled to their opinions. However, poor customer service does lead to loss of subscriptions, wages, etc.