Thread: russians

Page 1 of 5
... LastLast
    Deleted

russians

can someone please tell me why in 30% of the bgs I enter im playing Russian teams and target calling is impossible why cant they play v themselves, its not so much that they win its just so annoying cos usually im fast enough to type "name" but with Russians I have no chance of even trying to spell 1 cheers

I agree it's annoying although I'm feeling like that actually pushed my personal win record slightly.

It's probably been done to improve queue times by using the entire EU pool rather than language based pools, but without thinking about the consequences of putting together cultures that don't share a language or a very friendly history. I'm taking it it's probably the same on US realms getting thrown together with Brazil players, which was also not a very good decision.
    Your rights as a consumer begin and end at the point where you choose not to consume, and not where you yourself influence the consumed goods.

Translation: if you don't like a game don't play it.

I do not play WoW anymore, but I know your pain, as I play DotA and League.

Russians plague the place. They do not speak English and spam you with their funny language ( I'm Romanian and to me Russian sounds really really funny, because it's what I sound like in Romanian when I'm horribly drunk ).

Either way, they should make non-english bannable on english servers as far as I'm concerned.

10+ Year Old Account
    High rated rbgs you dont type names. You have macro for skull mark then target call on ts/whatever you use. Your dps then use assist function/macro if they are any good at all. Russian names have no impact on that.

The only thing that really ticks me off about russians in wow is all the wintrading they do. Pure cheating.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dyra View Post
    Because what they are atm are plait tugging, sniffing, glaring, prissy, clothes obsessed bitches who I would quite cheerfully drown.
    I often post from my mobile device, typos in my posts are 99% likely to be because of that.
    All I would ever want and need is a hug.

15+ Year Old Account
    Are Russians the Brazilians of the EU ?

It's pretty bad on the US servers, language barrier is a pain in the ass
    Sig by Safhira

Yeh kinda.

Quote Originally Posted by mainman View Post
    can someone please tell me why in 30% of the bgs I enter im playing Russian teams and target calling is impossible why cant they play v themselves, its not so much that they win its just so annoying cos usually im fast enough to type "name" but with Russians I have no chance of even trying to spell 1 cheers
    You are typing names in a bg??? And you want that to be fast??

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by soulyouth View Post
    Are Russians the Brazilians of the EU ?

It's pretty bad on the US servers, language barrier is a pain in the ass

although at least Brazzilians use the same alphabet as you. cant even mouse over a russian player without the tooltip bugging out.

Quote Originally Posted by peggleftw View Post
    although at least Brazzilians use the same alphabet as you. cant even mouse over a russian player without the tooltip bugging out.
    Well, that's Blizzard... You can solve the problem by installing fonts with Cyrillic letters into WoW's fonts folder, but the game should arguably do it all by itself, even if you aren't on a Russian realm.

Deleted
    Dunno about you but I can see/read russian/taiwan/whatever text ingame no problem.

seen them on the other team in bgs like 2-3 times, was amazed at how much they suck in pvp (since pve they do really fine).

10+ Year Old Account
    Eh you think this is the only game?
    http://forums.steampowered.com/forum...t-2789800.html
    Don't sweat the details!!!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by turskanaattori View Post
    Dunno about you but I can see/read russian/taiwan/whatever text ingame no problem.
    And you know how to pronounce it without any issue? Gratz! But the rest of us that cant read 10 different foreign languages does not approve

Quote Originally Posted by turskanaattori View Post
    After Blizzards tooltip "fix" some russian names shows in a little tooltip window as it is supposed to, but some players tooltips covers half the screen. Not being able to read their names are slightly annoying, but tooltips that covers half the screen are annoying as hell.

worst thing of all is that half of them play on a potato with pigeon mail for internet and you can't ever hit them through their lag. "out of range" my ass. it may not be hacking per se but it's annoying as hell, especially to a broke-ass class like windwalker who's hitbox has a lot of known (but, as per blizzard's fashion, denied) clipping issues.

Deleted
    there are rarely more than 1 player of each class in serious RBG, so no need to spell names and is enough with target "resto druid" etc. ???????? or kyrilic letters are anoying and there might language barrier if you have few on them on your side. However I have met dozens of excelent players from russia over the years and it was great part of merged battlegroups.

Deleted
    Besides complicating target calling they also bug out the tooltip whenever you mouseover them. Annoying.

10+ Year Old Account
    Seeing cyrilic all over my screen when i mouseover a russian is pretty annoying

10+ Year Old Account
    Russians and their names are overrated.

I am Russian myself and I can assure you we're the same people like all others. Cyrillic alphabet can be dealt with, you should be able to see the names instead of question marks now (as Blizzard stated not long ago) and in these names most of the letters match Latin ones and are perfectly readable; all what is left is just to learn few others that don't match Latin ones or have a different reading (like P = our R, and П = our P).
    Last edited by Ermelloth; 2014-01-25 at 01:11 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Apparently somewhere whipping Portuguese prisoners
    When it was first announced I was reminded of the very reason why my battlegroup (at the time it was called Nightfall) was so happy that the Russians got their own servers to mess around with:

They won every Battleground.

We had a lovely server back in Burning Crusade that was called Molten Core. And it was the bread and butter for Russian PvPers as they would create premades and dominate.... well... everything. You were either lucky to be in one of the premades or cursed to be fighting them since they rarely lost.

Now I admit, it's a little different now and BGs are less significant. But as a person who actually likes doing BGs, seeing the whole "Russian team gg wp bb" again on top of the era of botting kind of put reduces the overall fun.

Maybe it's just me getting a Russian team that's actually good, but I haven't seen that many bad ones yet :X
    Last edited by DrMcNinja; 2014-01-25 at 12:48 AM.