Page 8 of 25 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by McNeil View Post
    TBC had the best 5-man model by far, making them very challenging and yet very rewarding. Back then these blue items were the ones that prepared you for Karazhan, Karazhan prepared you for Gruul, a mix of both prepared you for Maggie, when you got a little further you got to do SSC + TK, and after farmed these Hyjal + BC. But I think I'm going offtopic here, just saying TBC dungeons were amazing.

I don't really mind that they reused their artwork, I pretty much came for the challenge and loot anyway. MoP 5-mans may look pretty but are completely awfull, the blue items don't feel rewarding at all and you steamroll trough the place so badly.

So what I'm saying is, I prefer MORE 5-mans with reused artwork rather than a lot less 5-mans that may look prettier. And ofcourse more challenging
    this...thats what i am saying

Quote Originally Posted by Tsubodia View Post
    This whole post is whats wrong with blizzard and the game. basically what your saying is.

They cant be arsed to develop the game properly despite boasting they have the biggest dev team ever. So we change the way we do the loot so we can add even less content into the game, and then act like we are releasing content faster than we have been whilst only adding in less content but the fools wont suss us out and we will get away with it.
    *snip*
    And dont even get me started on timeless fail
    You have a serious logic fail here. Yes they are developing less but no one is 'acting like' they are releasing content faster, the fact is they *are* releasing content faster because they have less they *have* to develop in one sector of the game. I know you are angry, but lets not let getting all passionate about our anger that we loose our F'n minds in the process.

And its not the Timeless fail, its the Mindless Isle.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by McNeil View Post
    So what I'm saying is, I prefer MORE 5-mans with reused artwork rather than a lot less 5-mans that may look prettier. And ofcourse more challenging
    that's not what you're saying.
    You're saying you want the TBC styles dungeons, but not necessarily the same amount.
    As long as the dungeons go back to what they used to be, you're happy.
    Not that it's a bad thing, but you were not saying what you actually meant.

What if they introduced 3-5 dungeons every other patch?

Quote Originally Posted by Callei View Post
    Yes but no. Heroic is being rejigged to prenerf Vortex Pinnacle, but the current Heroic difficulty will live on as a level 100 Normal version of each dungeon. And I'm pretty sure Heroic will require a premade group a la Heroic Scenarios.

More clarification: The idea seems to be that you go from 100 Normal > LFR > Normal+ if you're so inclined, or you can sidestep LFR with Heroic 5-mans.
    We can only hope. Pre-made only Heroic dungeons that are actually difficult would appease much of the players who prefer to play with smaller groups. Offer similar rewards as LFR and it seems like a great idea to me.

Varied environments? What're you smoking, I want some.

There were tons of dungeons in BC that shared the exact same layout with minor changes in each. As opposed to 15 dungeons with minimal changes in each, we're getting 7 new ones with completely different art sets.

You do the math.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aphrel View Post
    wasnt vortex pinnacle like the easiest of the bunch? You make it sounds like the content will last due to difficulty... most decent player cleared all of the cata dungeons on day1 without any problems at all. doubt wod dungeons will last longer.
    Unfortunately for you, most players aren't good. Vortex pinnacle will provide plenty of challenge for most people, and It will still be moderately fun for you. Its better than the MoP difficulty. I hate to say it, but if you want difficult do challenge modes. I know they aren't that hard if you take it slow, and a lot of people prefer harder slower cc dungeons, but I dont ever see those coming back in force.

Quote Originally Posted by Tanzlee View Post
    i think they are rehashing upper and lower blackrock spire. not sure though, haven't read much about this expansion
    Yep, Which honestly I do not mind, love BRS.
    READ and be less Ignorant.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow-cleave View Post
    Varied environments? What're you smoking, I want some.

There were tons of dungeons in BC that shared the exact same layout with minor changes in each. As opposed to 15 dungeons with minimal changes in each, we're getting 7 new ones with completely different art sets.

You do the math.
    Yeah having an Orc wing, Arakkoa wing, demon wing, and a etherial wing of the same damn dungeon does not =4 unique dungeons, nor do 2 Naga wings and 1 spore wing make 3 unique wings.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Murderdoll View Post
    Oh yeah, you mean like all the ones that were added this expansion?
    They said from before 5.1 launched they wouldn't be doing any this expansion, and they didn't. They say they will do more in WoD patches so they will. Not hard to grasp.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Superman-BladesEdge View Post
    God awful is what they did to Southshore, and DeadMine, and Sunken Temple. There is no logical reason for the Defias to abandon that mine and let homeless people roam freely within it. The Vanessa VanCleef storyline was horrid. Killing a worgen and a murloc instead of a real pirate like Van Cleef? Just horrible. But, this is just my opinion. There are apparently people who think it is now an awesome dungeon.
    The Vanessa storyline made sense after the death of her father.

All the Auchidon dungeons used the same assets, all the Hellfire ones used the same assets. Magisters used the same assets as the raid. So thats 11 UNIQUE dungeons.

now to make this even better for OP, who keeps remaking this thread for some reason, They said we will be getting other dungeons, I believe the number was 2, per patch this expansion. So we have 8 + at least 3, if they keep there word on 2 per patch we can expect 6 more. Meaning Warlords will have 11 to 14 Unique Dungeons. That is already as good if not better than BC.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jabulaniman View Post
    Exactly, and that's bad. I love 5 man content. Cata pre nerf dungeons were amazing not only due to the difficulty, but the dungeons themselves. Vortex Pinnacle, the Vashjir one, Halls of Origination, etc etc were all amazing in aesthetics, music and atmosphere. Wotlk dungeons as well.

The only good MoP dungeon is Temple of the Jade Serpent. Cant say I like TBC dungeons either tho. They're nothing special, unlike Cata ones.

Blizz says they realise the mistake they made with MoP, yet it is disappointing to see they are only adding 5 or 6 at release. I dont care for remakes.

But if they are as varied and awesome as Cata 5 mans were, I'm cool with it.

Ill also take 5 man heroic catch up content over Timeless Isle any day.
    Lets hope they provide both. Why cant both be an option?

10+ Year Old Account
    They shifted the dungeon development to make more cash store options.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bison91 View Post
    this...liked very much the CC thing in BC..aspecialy in Shattered Halls. but wrath. even cata. and ofc mists instances were boring to death

- - - Updated - - -

coz in Shattred Halls u were wiping and never could do first boss...unlike cata...cata with all its dificulties was boring...its just u wipe if u didnt go in time from AOE...no CC like in BC
    Cata dungeons absolutely did have cc before the nerfs. If you didn't you died.

Quote Originally Posted by malletin View Post
    The majority of the dungeons in TBC used the same art assets. I'd much rather have few somewhat unique looking dungeons than alot of similar looking ones.
    Same art assets, right. There is such a variety of enemies in Siege of Niuzao Temple. Mantid, mantid, mantid... vizier, mantid... guy with a sword, mantid mantid mantid, oh right, there was a blob at start. Mantid Commander.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jabulaniman View Post
    I second that. 5 mans are miles better than Scenarios.

5 Mans should outnumber Scenarios 2:1 seriously. Scenarios should only be used for the occasional story telling or the solo ones on Isle of Thunder (they were pretty cool).
    I have to agree with this. I would rather have 10 dungeons and 5 really cool scenarios vs 8 dungeons and 12 meh scenarios. I also hope they make the scenarios leveling content as well. If were going to have a ton of them, we might as well have fun with them while we are leveling and everything is easy anyways.

Deleted
    forget about the number...look for quality also...even if BC had 15 instances, all of them were special (even slave pens). if MoP have 30 instances and all of them tank and spank. all bosses same and mobs...its just useles making 30 instances
    See, some people feel that BC and Wrath heroics were better in quality and quantity. Personally, I like them all. Bosses in general have gotten more interesting over the expansions in terms of mechanics and the dungeons in MoP still look great. I think what makes them less memorable to a lot of people is that they are so easy, you just burst through them.

Deleted
    Why would anyone care about dungeons? They became crap in WOTLK, had a brief good moment at the start of Cata and atm they are in their worst state.
    Also, I would rather have 15 TBC dungeons then what we have now.

The game has changed. The company has changed.

I think there is a generation of players (myself included) who loved running 5 mans in Vanilla and TBC.

Blizzard had simply moved away from the 5 man model and is now more focused on things like Scenarios, Garrisons, Pet Battles, LFR, etc. They include them in WoD because of the players that enjoy them, but overall it isn't Blizzard's top priority, and it hasn't been for a long time.

The game has changed. The company has changed. Not saying it is a good or bad thing... but either get over it or move on to another game.

10+ Year Old Account
    forget about the number...look for quality also...even if BC had 15 instances, all of them were special (even slave pens). if MoP have 30 instances and all of them tank and spank. all bosses same and mobs...its just useles making 30 instances
    Mop dungeons were only tank and spec because of the tuning. The mechanics were there, its just that you could ignore 90% of them. MoP dungeons at least when it comes to mechanics and bosses are superior to tbc if they were tuned to be more difficult. TBC dungeons had almost no mechanics. They just hit hard.