Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Is it per-difficulty? ie if I kill him on Heroic and get an item for my class/spec, don't I also get an item for my class/spec on my first Heroic kill? I'm pretty sure that's the case, otherwise getting your first heroic kill and an heirloom would be a drag, even though you've killed him on RF/Flex/Whatever. Why not just try to do him on Flex or another difficulty tier? It's still better than nothing in terms of leveling, and it's something while you try to get the whatever version you're looking for.

And I'm assuming you got a normal mode kill, I guess there's your incentive to really push heroic? I'm currently on Blackfuse, so I'm hoping to get a chance at my heroic heirloom sometime in the next 2-3 weeks!

Deleted
    As Understand it, it is per difficulty So,

First <insert difficulty> one Spec (so choose your loot specialization before the boss)
    Random thereafter.

Still waiting on my first >.<

I'd be interested how often you have killed Garrosh in relation to weapons you got. Have killed him 8 times in normal and once in flex with my pally, aswell as once with my warlock in flex. Only got the healing mace until now. Really need that bow for my hunter or something for my warlock

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkTZeratul View Post
    As far as I know it's for your spec on the first kill, and random thereafter.
    Correct sir.

10+ Year Old Account
    1 Flex 3 Normal. Still waiting for my first Heroic heirloom...

Quote Originally Posted by Extremity View Post
    Is it per-difficulty? ie if I kill him on Heroic and get an item for my class/spec, don't I also get an item for my class/spec on my first Heroic kill? I'm pretty sure that's the case, otherwise getting your first heroic kill and an heirloom would be a drag, even though you've killed him on RF/Flex/Whatever. Why not just try to do him on Flex or another difficulty tier? It's still better than nothing in terms of leveling, and it's something while you try to get the whatever version you're looking for.

And I'm assuming you got a normal mode kill, I guess there's your incentive to really push heroic? I'm currently on Blackfuse, so I'm hoping to get a chance at my heroic heirloom sometime in the next 2-3 weeks!
    1. You are not guaranteed an heirloom drop from your first Garrosh win on Flex, Normal, and Heroic difficulty; only that it's possible for one to drop.

2. Your first heirloom obtained by Garrosh on the difficulty you defeat him on that actually drops an heirloom will be relevant to whatever loot specialization you were in upon that Garrosh's defeat. All subsequent heirlooms from that particular difficulty will be completely random.

3. Getting an heirloom weapon from Flex will not prevent your first Normal or Heroic heirlooms from being relevant to your loot specialization upon Garrosh's defeat. I realize this is redundant but people seem to need to read this twice before understanding how the heirloom drops work.

Quote Originally Posted by Trubo View Post
    1. You are not guaranteed an heirloom drop from your first Garrosh win on Flex, Normal, and Heroic difficulty; only that it's possible for one to drop.

2. Your first heirloom obtained by Garrosh on the difficulty you defeat him on that actually drops an heirloom will be relevant to whatever loot specialization you were in upon that Garrosh's defeat. All subsequent heirlooms from that particular difficulty will be completely random.

3. Getting an heirloom weapon from Flex will not prevent your first Normal or Heroic heirlooms from being relevant to your loot specialization upon Garrosh's defeat. I realize this is redundant but people seem to need to read this twice before understanding how the heirloom drops work.
    Right, I know it's not guaranteed, but the first time you're lucky enough to get one to drop it'll be for your current loot spec. So if he did it on normal, he's still guaranteed one for his current spec the first time it happens to drop on another difficulty, meaning he's not entirely screwed out of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Velor View Post
    I want to apologize in advance because my English skills aren't that great.

So I managed to snag my first heirloom off of Garrosh a week or so ago. The trouble is, I was in Frost specialization instead of Unholy, which gave me a one handed weapon when I was hoping for a two handed one. I've heard that every heirloom received after the first one is a random item, and not based on your class/spec and I realized I might not see the two handed one in time for WoD. I opened a ticket where a GM told me that he couldn't help me, but that the heirlooms always drop for your class/spec. Which is right here? Can anyone with multiple heirloom drops actually confirm if it's a random item or if it sticks to your class spec?
    Then that is what you get for half way paying attention and ASSUMING. Stop your griping and whining and keep running. You will get another one.

And the next time- RTFM

They can be coined.
    Can anyone confirm this, preferably with screenshot? I've killed Garrosh 14 times on heroic, 27 times on normal, and 6 times on flex and have never seen anyone coin an heirloom. When the topic came up in guild, no one disputed the claim that they could not be coined. I don't think anyone's lying about this, but I do find it plausible that someone may have mistaken a particular instance of personal loot for bonus loot.

It's also possible, I suppose, that the heirlooms simply occupy a very small fraction of the probability space for bonus rolls.
    Last edited by Aseyhe; 2014-01-26 at 09:54 PM.

Can you extra roll a loom staff from garrosh?

Deleted
    First is specific for your character's current loot spec. Changing loot spec won't matter, you've wasted your guaranteed drop.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    how does this work for normal mode , do you only get those heirlooms via coin roll or is it just like flex that it will just pop up for you if you're lucky ?

Deleted
    its random after the first drop which is for your lootspec. This is individual per character.
    I have gotten maybe.. 7-8 heirlooms total on my chars, 3 of them is the 2h axe -_-

This is over a total of ~30 kills (i think) on normal/flex (majority being normal).

Quote Originally Posted by Antiddos View Post
    how does this work for normal mode , do you only get those heirlooms via coin roll or is it just like flex that it will just pop up for you if you're lucky ?
    it just pops up. you cant coin one.

I send a ticket about coining heirlooms, answer:
    "From the information I have painstakingly gathered, Heirlooms do drop from Garrosh, however they are an entirely separate roll, and cannot be forced to happen again. Best of luck!"

Well apparently I was misinformed about guildmates of mine getting Heirlooms from bonus rolls. Sorry for the confusion this may have caused anyone hoping for another chance at an heirloom.

Deleted
    I wonder if there will be anything for people that doesnt raid to help level from 90-100.
    Feels a little unfair that only people who raid have a possibility for this advantage.

*Putting on fire-resistant armor for incoming flaming*

Quote Originally Posted by MrApple View Post
    I wonder if there will be anything for people that doesnt raid to help level from 90-100.
    Feels a little unfair that only people who raid have a possibility for this advantage.

*Putting on fire-resistant armor for incoming flaming*
    One piece of gear you don't have to replace isn't going to make or break you while leveling.

Deleted
    One piece of gear you don't have to replace isn't going to make or break you while leveling.
    Thats true. I also saw that there will be no extra XP on the weapons so its no big deal in the long run. Still an advantage

10+ Year Old Account
    Something that I'm curious about is if any tank out there won a shield as their spec-specific drop. While a shield is nice I guess, I would be a bit bummed if I got that instead of a sword as my spec-specific item. Not only would it be useless on any other char unless I felt like rolling a Prot Warrior, it would also be trivial when leveling as shields have a very small impact on character power.

So, has any of you tanks out there won a shield as your first item, or did you get the weapon?
    Quote Originally Posted by Rugz
    Holes means you have less of a food to plate ratio, you can get more net weight of pancakes into the same volume and area as you could with waffles. Therefore pancakes win.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Count Zero View Post
    You sure about that ? I thought I'd read people saying they've coined them
    I think people are confused as I was in a previous thread. Blizzard confirmed that using coins will not win you a heirloom.

Wait about 30 seconds after the kill and the heirloom will be auto looted to you bags if you've won one. Our warlock won his first last night. People are clicking bonus rolls immediately and confusing it with autoloot.