Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Do You Think They'll Ever Let Us Choose Which Log On Screen To Use?

I just had a random thought as I was about to log into WoW. Do you think Blizz will ever let us be able to change which log on background and music we wish to display? Always preferred the original screen and music compared to Mists.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think no. BUt i would like to change the log on screen.
    My youtube Channel : Arberian021
    WoW isn't all about new concepts or themes, it's about classic archetypes that fit the Holy Trinity gameplay style of Warcraft.
    Demon Hunter Class Idea
    Quote Originally Posted by TJ View Post
    Exercise releases endorphins that make you feel good, iirc, don't quote me on it

Deleted
    Very much doubt it. There is a way to do it, but if you do, you'll get permanently banned if they find out.

I hope they do, considering in the latest Starcraft "2" patch they implemented an option allowing us to choose between the Starcraft 1 soundtrack and Starcraft "2" soundtrack while playing the game.

If they made a similar option for WoW login screen and music, I'd go back to pre-BC or WOTLK in a heartbeat.
    Last edited by Ballantines; 2014-01-25 at 06:01 PM.

It's something I'd like to see, and I think it might happen.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ballantines View Post
    I hope they do, considering in the latest Starcraft "2" patch they implemented an option allowing us to choose between the Starcraft 1 soundtrack and Starcraft "2" soundtrack while playing the game.

If they made a similar option for WoW login screen and music, I'd go back to pre-BC or WOTLK in a heartbeat.
    You spend quite some time more in the selections screens in that game though..

If enough people bring it up on forum boards they may do it. I would love to go back to the classic log-in screen and music.

Quote Originally Posted by elmowaki View Post
    You spend quite some time more in the selections screens in that game though..
    Depends, I'm just a Desert Strike fan, log in, click Desert Strike, play, leave. Sometimes I try other new custom maps but the godawful Arcade system is really bad at promoting new maps which people will actually click on, I wish they'd go back to the SC1/WC3 custom game selection system.

I'd love to go back to the vanilla login, the music, the dark portal, perfect for a login screen taking you to another world

10+ Year Old Account
    I remember these kind of threads since almost i started playing in wrath, they have stated many times that they don't want to , i would still love it... Miss Sindragosa messing my log in screen.

Deleted
    Well with this battle.net launcher thing I doubt they will since you're no longer even supposed to pass by it.

No unless they make servers for each expansion and the log in screen changes to accommodate your server choice.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuragalolz View Post
    Well with this battle.net launcher thing I doubt they will since you're no longer even supposed to pass by it.
    This was my thought too. Technically you won't see the screen unless you go "Back" from character selection, and by that token, you may as well just have a youtube window open with the original log on screen on

There is a way to do it, but that would best be found on Ownedcore or something.

Deleted

Not gonna happen.
    Its the same as asking if Blizzard will open expansion-specific servers.
    As much as I would love for that to be allowed,Blizzard's response would probably be something like:"We want WoW to continue going forward.And allowing players to choose the log-in screen from previous expansion does't fully allow that.The log-in screen is supposed to represent the current expansion,and if you see a log-in screen from The Cataclysm,and then log in into Warlords of Draenor it wouldn't make much sense.So yes,we can confirm that won't happen."

Probably not, but maybe. Its not quite the same as expansion-locked servers, since its just a log in screen for personal enjoyment.

But its development time they are using for other things. Even if its not 'that much', I imagine its still not worth their time right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Achren View Post
    Slightly off-topic but back in cata I was really let down when they choose having Deathwing roar in your face as the login screen over the Twilight's hammer "portal", which was what they originally planned on using, and imo looked like the coolest login screen they ever made.

If there ever comes a time when we can choose from a couple of select screens, I hope this one's amongst them.
    oooooooo ahhhhhhh.....

yep, that's the one.

Anyway, yes, eventually we'll all get to pick what shows up there; of course, you should almost never see that screen with the new battle.net loader.

Deleted
    No.

They want you to sort of "move on" with each expansion.

I believe though that you could change it before once, not sure if you can do it anymore.

Although it doesn't matter that much anymore if you're using the battle.net client as you'll log on automaticly..

They won't ever do it, no, but I do miss the Wrath screen/music... love the eery ambience of the music when it started up.

I hope so, really dislike Pandaria log on, not as bad as Lich log on though.. I'd be happy with another dark portal!