Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Gotta say this is pretty funny. That's trolling that's almost as good as the XBox Sign Out guy. 90 minutes and yet you guys just kept fighting wave after wave of adds. Impressive. And I thought I couldn't have a lower opinion of the typical group of individuals who frequent LFR.

Wow Galakras for 90 minutes; isn't that equivalent to medieval torture?

All the more reason to not do LFR.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    They don't allow it to happen. You report the guy who did that and then they will get banned for griefing. Simples.
    Spare me. I have never seen someone receive more than a 3 hour ban for griefing, and trust me, I check. A lot.

Good fucking luck getting the guy banned. GM's wouldnt have done fuck all. The guy could just claim he didn't know what to do in there and he can grief scott free.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Constraint View Post
    Spare me. I have never seen someone receive more than a 3 hour ban for griefing, and trust me, I check. A lot.
    IIRC, I got a 24 hour ban once for griefing in IoC by pulling the boss out of his room intentionally to make him Enrage and one shot people.
    Enstraynomic - League of Legends
    TheEnst - Starcraft II

Deleted
    thats shows what mindless sheeps LFR raiders are lol

Quote Originally Posted by notorious98 View Post
    Gotta say this is pretty funny. That's trolling that's almost as good as the XBox Sign Out guy. 90 minutes and yet you guys just kept fighting wave after wave of adds. Impressive. And I thought I couldn't have a lower opinion of the typical group of individuals who frequent LFR.
    Actually, the group i have a lower opinion of is people like you that include every LFR player in the stereotypical definition of the bottom-feeders who seem to have become the epitome of LFR. The *typical* group of people in LFR are people who are there to consume the content as intended. There is a small % of people who just don't know the game well, and a smaller percentage of those who don't try or intentionally abuse the system. it in no way gives you any reason to insult the rest of us because we, for whatever reason, chose to not advance farther than LFR.

Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    They don't allow it to happen. You report the guy who did that and then they will get banned for griefing. Simples.
    Sure they will. Lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Chrisxor View Post
    Good fucking luck getting the guy banned. GM's wouldnt have done fuck all. The guy could just claim he didn't know what to do in there and he can grief scott free.
    Not for 90 minutes. Unless he was one of those Brazillians...and even then, not for 90 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyraena View Post
    Actually, the group i have a lower opinion of is people like you that include every LFR player in the stereotypical definition of the bottom-feeders who seem to have become the epitome of LFR. The *typical* group of people in LFR are people who are there to consume the content as intended. There is a small % of people who just don't know the game well, and a smaller percentage of those who don't try or intentionally abuse the system. it in no way gives you any reason to insult the rest of us because we, for whatever reason, chose to not advance farther than LFR.
    People who do LOLFR on their mains every week and nothing else aren't bottom-feeders? That's news to me.

Quote Originally Posted by sith View Post
    People who do LOLFR on their mains every week and nothing else aren't bottom-feeders? That's news to me.
    There is a huge difference between doing what you like or have access too, and being a bottom feeder. You, I can infer from your behavior and commentary, are not an LFR consumer. Yet, by your actions/words, you are far more the bottom-feeder than many who partake of LFR.

There is a huge difference between doing what you like or have access too, and being a bottom feeder. You, I can infer from your behavior and commentary, are not an LFR consumer. Yet, by your actions/words, you are far more the bottom-feeder than many who partake of LFR.
    Whatever makes you feel better about yourself mate.

10+ Year Old Account
    I only run flex, since its people who want to use tactics and down the boss and not just sit there watching people to get their gear for free.

I have a real hard time believing this actually went on for 90 minutes
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

I had this happen once in a LFR run, about 5-10 mins later we were able to votekick the afk dude, weird that people didnt think about kicking

Quote Originally Posted by Count Zero View Post
    I have a real hard time believing this actually went on for 90 minutes
    I don't. I also think it's quite funny.

I do not believe 25 people would continuously fight for 90 minutes, no chance.

People go afk? > NPC's die quicker, it doesn't take 90 minutes for them to die > fight would be over
    People leave? > NPC's die quicker, it doesn't take 90 minutes for them to die > fight would be over
    etc, etc, etc.

New players won't zone in etc.

I could believe 15-20 minutes at the VERY max, due to how long Garrosh can be, but that's really pushing it.

90 mins though? Bullshit.

Raid chat would be going nuts half a second after people went in the towers asking to fire already and the usual crap thats spouted in LFR almost constantly.

Interesting how they didn't foresee this by autokicking someone out the cannon after 30 secs or something though or just autopulling Galakras when two players are in cannons for 30+ secs regardless of where they are aiming/fire.

Quote Originally Posted by sith View Post
    Whatever makes you feel better about yourself mate.
    Nah, what I do in-game doesn't carry any self-respect consequences like it does for that crowd of people who think because they can do something challenging in a game, that they are better than those that can't, and then get all burnt up over having a watered-down version for people who want the story more than the challenge, by taking it as an affront to their wow-manhood.

If you can manage those difficulties, because you are good, or have the time, or that's what gets you off - good on you. But when you feel a persistent need to attack and insult people who cannot or choose not to do as you do, it just reveals your weaknesses and insecurities - not theirs.

Have a good one

Nah, what I do in-game doesn't carry any self-respect consequences like it does for that crowd of people who think because they can do something challenging in a game, that they are better than those that can't, and then get all burnt up over having a watered-down version for people who want the story more than the challenge, by taking it as an affront to their wow-manhood.

If you can manage those difficulties, because you are good, or have the time, or that's what gets you off - good on you. But when you feel a persistent need to attack and insult people who cannot or choose not to do as you do, it just reveals your weaknesses and insecurities - not theirs.

Have a good one
    You should write a book. You tell such fascinating stories.