Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

How is the current state of pvp(arena)?

Havn't played wow for sometime and a friend of mine is trying to convince me pvp isn't as bad as it was and there is more class balance, however I don't believe him for a second so i'm asking you MMO-champions what is your take on pvp atm?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by R0AM3R View Post
    Havn't played wow for sometime and a friend of mine is trying to convince me pvp isn't as bad as it was and there is more class balance, however I don't believe him for a second so i'm asking you MMO-champions what is your take on pvp atm?
    The game is balanced just fine, it just so happens to be that every Frost Mage that pvps is better than me.
    WoW Hunter WarriorPaladin Death Knight
    D3 Crusader
    Gw2 Lvl 80 Dragon Hunter, Lvl 80 Warrior, Lvl 80 Revenant
    Bnet GrapeSoda#1671
    Gw2 GrapeSoda.5980
    Hit me up, let's play.

Deleted
    State it decent, n the end, if you're good you will get somewhere, a few does kind of crazy damage regarding how good defensives they have on top of that. Mage is out of hand, I hope no one disputes that. I see all types of healers doing well, it seems to shift around which is healthy. CC is still to much but it is for everyone.

If your friend plays warrior or hunter or mage...maybe uh dk then the game is perfectly balanced for him

The game is pretty balanced,but the gameplay of the classes are pretty bad.

Quote Originally Posted by R0AM3R View Post
    It's still very fun, IMO. I grinded out a bunch of 2's on my shammy today... IMO frost Mage is a bit insane. They have HUGE damage with short CDs, poly has no cd and once your in a chain ur stuck.. CS, a million roots, etc

The only other thing out of control IMO is DK damage. Talk about flying under the radar...

Deleted
    beside strong, but not undefeatable frost mages, the game is well balanced. Of course there are stronger and weaker classes, but I got the feeling that everyone can defeat everyone.

CCs are still too much for sure. But well...it's still okay.

Honestly it's not bad. All 5 healers are currently very viable, although Paladins are significantly weaker than the other 4. All DPS classes are viable, though Boomkins and WW Monks are both very weak, but not completely unplayable, and they both work in certain comps. 2s is a mess, but 2s is almost always a mess. 3s is actually not bad at all, and 5s is 5s, which is kind of clusterfucky all the time.

I have been enjoying 5s more this season than any other, but 3s is significantly more fun still. And I really don't have many complaints. CC is crazy, but without lots of CC nothing would ever die, so it's kind of a necessary evil.

Herald of the Titans DiscoGhost's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    every class is balanced and viable but the gameplay kills me(hunters and warriors are ahead) right now its blow all your cds while the healer is in an ever lasting cc chain. no1 takes 3s or or rbgs seriously. all anyone does is 2s.
    You can tune a piano, but you can't tuna fish.

CC -> Blow CD's. Fail? Wait 3 minutes and try again.

Quote Originally Posted by DiscoGhost View Post
    every class is balanced and viable but the gameplay kills me(hunters and warriors are ahead) right now its blow all your cds while the healer is in an ever lasting cc chain. no1 takes 3s or or rbgs seriously. all anyone does is 2s.
    I must agree.

Just use CD's -> CC healer -> GG.

Deleted
    Like every end of wow xpac, the balance is quite good. Its just that the game/class mechanics are so plagued with pve bs the gameplay is unenjoyable. Even 2s are doable as both healer/dps and double dps.

pvp at the moment is shit unless you're a warrior.

Quote Originally Posted by DiscoGhost View Post
    rofl so much wrong in this statement. Nobody does 2s, 2s are a joke and any halfway decent team will reach the 20min timer every game because 1 DPS can't possibly kill 1 healer.

Yes, you can mongo and blow everything and win games up to like 1800, but after that you won't win anymore. 3s are still very active, and the games are still good. There's a couple of burst kills here and there, especially when Enh shamans are involved, but that's it. For the most part the games are about lining up CC and coordinating damage. Not just popping everything.

I'm currently in an arena match right now. I have time to type this because my character is CC'd, and I won't be out for another good 20 seconds.

The balance is great...... but I hope to god you like CC OP.

Balance is not great nor has it ever been. If you're coming back for pvp, don't come back at all.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's bad... at the cost of class diversity, they got more balanced, but only because each class is so familiar... if you fell in love with unique comps that had unique play styles, don't come back. Each comp, regardless of the classes that make it up, run pretty much the same way. There's no more split dps, there's no more drain cleaves... PvP won't get any better and blizzard will yet again try to make it more appealing next expansion by doing something idiotic like they usually do. Resil is no longer a PvP only stat, it's a base stat so expect to get shit on in world PvP by people wearing PvE gear. Don't bother coming back... now if you said you were coming back for PvE, i'd say go for it since PvE is the only aspect of the game that remains decent, only because blizzard has 80% of its team constantly working on it. PvP though, it's real bad.
    Most likely the wisest Enhancement Shaman.

In terms of PVP, If you're intrested in playing for raiting, do 3's, cause 2's is just for fun and it's something to just pass time while you're bored. Like in any other game, some classes can do better than others right now. Granted if you're a skilled player you'll do well, but again there are just some other classes that do things better than others.

awful.
    /char