Thread: New Gnome Face

Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Deleted

Question New Gnome Face

I saw the new Gnome Faces and found them awesome but in truth that is not my gnome.
    The eyes are so much different from the old, and so i decided to Redesign the Face of my Gnome by myself.

I added Mouth, Nose, eyes and more from real woman.

And this is what i wanted to share with you. Please Remember it was only the face.
    I would like if the new gnome faces have more round eyes and .. well take a look this
    is what i would like to see for my gnome so that i got the feeling its my..

What do you think about the eyes compare to the new?

Before and After

Fullsize

Wallpaper
    http://media.gnitter.de/artwork/gnom...nomebydeex.png
    Last edited by mmocb4d5413dc4; 2014-01-26 at 12:58 PM.

Deleted
    We have only seen one female gnome face so far. Yours hasn't been featured at all yet so its quite obvious that it isn't ''your gnome''.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghoulthaz View Post
    We have only seen one female gnome face so far. Yours hasn't been featured at all yet so its quite obvious that it isn't ''your gnome''.
    Took the words right out of my mouth. It goes for every other race too.

OP I think your "after" Face is the one on the left of the picture, right?

If so, it's pretty but I must say it's not very Gnome-like. Looks too much like a Human.

Deleted
    Those teeth look creepy. But I agree, the new Gnome face, when compared to the old one they showed in comparison looks quite different, but for the better.

Quote Originally Posted by Nindoriel View Post
    Those teeth look creepy. But I agree, the new Gnome face, when compared to the old one they showed in comparison looks quite different, but for the better.
    I understand where the OP is coming from. Being a big gnome player myself, the old face in the OP's picture is the only "serious face" available for the female Gnome. All the other faces are happy faces. It's a bit disappointing that Blizzard would fail to capture the spirit of the old face if the Blizzcon picture was indeed accurate.

Deleted
    Tbh I did not like the gnome face :l felt like a mini nikki minaj

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by corebit View Post
    I understand where the OP is coming from. Being a big gnome player myself, the old face in the OP's picture is the only "serious face" available for the female Gnome. All the other faces are happy faces. It's a bit disappointing that Blizzard would fail to capture the spirit of the old face if the Blizzcon picture was indeed accurate.
    To be honest, the old face they showed at Blizzcon looked a bit weird. The new face is a real improvement. It looks like Gnomes should look. Yeah I would say that the new face isn't exactly true to the original, but that's because the original looked weird, the new one looks adorable.

Deleted
    would say that the new face isn't exactly true to the original, but that's because the original looked weird, the new one looks adorable.
    No question, it's awesome they have great Designer, my problem with it, is that i haven't the feeling that is my Character.

Oh my word, those glue-on lashes though! And that heavy makeup! I hope that's not the essence of your gnome, gurl!

I don't know, I've been playing since a few months after vanilla was released and have had the same female gnome rogue as my main for most of that time...and while yes, I do think the new female gnome face looks great, I also care less what the hell my gnome looks like. I am not putting anyone down at all here, but do some people seriously sit there staring at their character's faces all the time? I mean, sure, I associate my gnomes face when I do see it with my character, such as in the log in screen, but I never sit inworld looking at my toon's face unless I get some new helmet and I look at it for a few moments. There is like 7-8 faces per race to choose from...how can someone develop such a bond with a face that you've seen literally thousands of people with over the years. If anything, there should be more specialization with the backs of hairstyles, asses, and generally body size/width since this is what we see the majority of the time. Yeah, I care about what a toon's face looks like when I make a new character, but after that who cares really?

Deleted
    I agree, while the male undead face looks 100% "better" it doesn't feel right yet when I'm seeing screenshots.

I'm gonna wait untill all faces and hairstyles, etc are revealed + animations though before I rate them

Quote Originally Posted by Nindoriel View Post
    To be honest, the old face they showed at Blizzcon looked a bit weird. The new face is a real improvement. It looks like Gnomes should look. Yeah I would say that the new face isn't exactly true to the original, but that's because the original looked weird, the new one looks adorable.
    But I don't want adorable! At least not my Gnome warlock The old face provided exactly what I wanted, a rather serious, even slightly angry face. If all the faces were happy adorable faces, I don't get any choice when playing more dark and sinister classes.

Quote Originally Posted by Elementalkin View Post
    I think the new female gnome face they used is supposed to be 'face 5'. They used the old 'face 1' for comparison, but if it's supposed to be a 'this becomes this' thing, then they absolutely failed in a very obvious way. I've heard the line that the old 'face 1' is supposed to be smiling, but that's irrelevant even if true. The eye colors are off as well. Here's a comparison, maybe it will help:
    Very nice picture and comparison. The new face is WAY TOO DIFFERENT if it was supposed to be from Face #1. Not even close.

Dude your gnome is creepy as hell.

Quote Originally Posted by corebit View Post
    But I don't want adorable! At least not my Gnome warlock The old face provided exactly what I wanted, a rather serious, even slightly angry face. If all the faces were happy adorable faces, I don't get any choice when playing more dark and sinister classes.
    You shouldnt be playing gnomes period

Deleted
    I think the new female gnome face they used is supposed to be 'face 5'. They used the old 'face 1' for comparison, but if it's supposed to be a 'this becomes this' thing, then they absolutely failed in a very obvious way. I've heard the line that the old 'face 1' is supposed to be smiling, but that's irrelevant even if true. The eye colors are off as well. Here's a comparison, maybe it will help:
    Thanks for the comparison.
    My real problem is with it that the eyes are sooo much different. I mean,- it's really great work they look wonderful and cute. But i thought the goal was to leave the soul untouched.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Fainth View Post
    Dude your gnome is creepy as hell.
    No one said that they have to be yust cute.. :P

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Deex View Post
    Thanks for the comparison.
    My real problem is with it that the eyes are sooo much different. I mean,- it's really great work they look wonderful and cute. But i thought the goal was to leave the soul untouched.
    I repeat once more. They. Have. Not. Shown. Every. Face. Type. Yet.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghoulthaz View Post
    I repeat once more. They. Have. Not. Shown. Every. Face. Type. Yet.
    Yeah but i remember things like.. the new mage talents. "We can talk about it.." they released it and there was no way back.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Deex View Post
    Yeah but i remember things like.. the new mage talents. "We can talk about it.." they released it and there was no way back.
    How is this relevant to this discussion? You are making conclusions based on incomplete material.