Elemental shamans in pvp?

How do elemental shamans do in pvp.
    in 1v1?
    in 2v2?
    in 3v3?
    in bgs?

Herald of the Titans DiscoGhost's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    really all classes are pretty balanced right now and pretty much everything is viable. ele really hinges on those instant lava burst procs and is kinda rng when u get a kill.
    You can tune a piano, but you can't tuna fish.

Ele is probably the worst 1v1 spec in the entire game, and is also not very good in 2v2. HOWEVER, they are stellar in 3v3, 5v5, and rbgs.

Source: I have played ele for probably six years now.

10+ Year Old Account
    What Dookles said is spot on. Also, its worth mentioning that it is one of the most fun specs to play in the game.
    HEROES NEVER DIE

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dookles View Post
    Ele is probably the worst 1v1 spec in the entire game, and is also not very good in 2v2. HOWEVER, they are stellar in 3v3, 5v5, and rbgs.

1v1 i would say he is average , certainly not the worst, thats Shadow Priest. You only have hard times vs ferals, warriors, and rogues. Everything else is somehow beatable with a bit of luck (procs) and smart healing. You can kill locks, SPs, mages, moonkins, even Hunters and Wind walkers. Not that you will always win, but you have a nice chances. And even if you loose you will make them hard times aginst you :P I play a Dwarf Shaman, so I also stay some chanses vs Rogues and ferals, thanx to my Stonskin. Pick up Dwarf and you wont be a free kill to Rogueas, ferals, DKs and warriors any more
    Also great spec for BGs.
    Last edited by mmoc4f70414cfa; 2014-01-28 at 09:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dookles View Post

Ditto.

Don't try to solo anyone and a few classes it's laughable how much we get countered.

But in a group setting let the lava bursts fly and it's a grand old time.

Deleted
    Sifu sorry dude, but there is no way a shammy can beat equal skilled and geared mm hunt or ww monk 1v1 in a pvp environment not duelzz lol, for the casters I agree to certain extend. As a hunt I find extremely easy to deal with ele shamans 1v1 the only dmg I get is from instat porcs. As for 3v3 arena it a different story they turtle all game just to blow you up in a random cc to your healer with no det

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by DiscoGhost View Post
    really all classes are pretty balanced right now and pretty much everything is viable. ele really hinges on those instant lava burst procs and is kinda rng when u get a kill.
    You're probably a warrior player aren't you ?

in 1v1? Crap
    in 2v2? Crap
    in 3v3? With babysitting, amazing.
    in bgs? With babysitting, amazing.

& big shout out to the guy saying elementals can beat WW's and hunters in duels haha.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuragalolz View Post
    You're probably a warrior player aren't you ?
    I agree with him, and my main's a Holy Priest.

Anyway, Ele is really good in group settings. In 5s they're amazing, and they're really strong in 3s too in the right setups. I don't do RBGs, but I'd imagine they're even better there since they seem to do better in larger groups.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mohyoto View Post
    Sifu sorry dude, but there is no way a shammy can beat equal skilled and geared mm hunt or ww monk 1v1
    Well, not sure about MM hunters ... They can blow me up fast, but usualy i only meet BM and Survival hunters these days. If i live long enough to polymorph (Frog) a hunter twice during the fight and heal my self to full or nearly full (6 -8 Healing Surges), when he/she is polymorphed, then I am usualy the winner. WW monks... 80% of them don't know how to play their class = free kills. The minority of 20% pro players i don't stand a chance:P
    As Elemental you realy need to heal yourself a lot. But you can afford that only in 1v1, otherwise you will run oom.
    I like dueling Moonkins: can't imagine longer duel
    Last edited by mmoc4f70414cfa; 2014-01-28 at 09:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sifu View Post
    Well, not sure about MM hunters ... They can blow me up fast, but usualy i only meet BM and Survival hunters these days. If i live long enough to polymorph (Frog) a hunter twice during the fight and heal my self to full or nearly full (6 -8 Healing Surges), when he/she is polymorphed, then I am usualy the winner. WW monks... 80% of them don't know how to play their class = free kills. The minority of 20% pro players i don't stand a chance:P
    As Elemental you realy need to heal yourself a lot. But you can afford that only in 1v1, otherwise you will run oom.
    I like dueling Moonkins: can't imagine longer duel
    Wish you'd have mentioned at the start you can beat bad players in duels rather than just going:

ELEMENTAL FACEROLLS WINDWALKERS & HUNTERS IN DUELS

Because if the WW/hunter has his monitor switch on, and doesn't have his underwear on his head; they'll almost certainly win (unless they are crap like the people you seem to mention facing - hexing a hunter twice on CD without an interrupt, stun, scatter or a trinket? Seems perfectly legit! Standing a chance against a Windwalker 1v1 full stop... seems likely!).
    Last edited by Anzen; 2014-01-28 at 09:46 AM.

Deleted
    The issue with ele is that regardless of the fat that they have undeniably one of the best bursts in the game with all the rng procs ets, they get cc'ed to oblivion the very moment ascendance is poped. Its all about timing your burst, if used properly with x cc'ing in arena its gg otherwise 1v1 kinda lacking :P,

Herald of the Titans Dristereau's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    You face anything with a Silence in 1 v 1 and you'll probably be at 50% before you can do damage. Playing one in Random BGs I feel more like a Target Dummy than a class. Next patch with Prideful Gear I'm going Enhance and dropping the spec, because it's just annoying that a Silencing Shot essentially means you're dead.

And if you see a Warrior, you might as well bend over now. Double Spell Reflect, Charge and Interrupts. Fun right?
    Dristereau - Axxolentus - Infernus - Sequentia - Nulo - Desterrar

Silvermoon
    - Shadowsong/Aszune - Tarren-Mill/Dentarg (SL Mage Tower: 29/36
    )

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Anzen View Post

Because if the WW/hunter has his monitor switch on, and doesn't have his underwear on his head; they'll almost certainly win (unless they are crap like the people you seem to mention facing - hexing a hunter twice on CD without an interrupt, stun, scatter or a trinket? Seems perfectly legit!).
    As a hunter i haven't met/had problems with elementals at least in bg's, but this is what someone wrote in another pvp thread concerning hunter vs elemental ;

" I have met some elem shamans that are tough as fuck and do a shitload of damage as well inspite of being in equal gear to me. It was like fighting a healer who can also nuke my ass. Just don't cast hardcast lava burst, only cast lightning or whatever is the filler and cast lava burst only when it's instant proc, he can't interrupt nor is it worth it to interrupt lightning and he can't interrupt instants. Heal often and not only when you're at 50% or he'll just silencing shot you if you're that low and then it's GG.

Be careful when using Ascendance. If you got serpent sting on you, pop Ascendance and he won't be able to CC you with trap or wyvern sting (unless he has the glyph, which he shouldn't as hunters really have no choice but to go with spirit bond, camouflage and explosive trap, anything else would be a bad choice). If you dont have ss on you, don't do it, he'll just cc you if he's any good."

I guess a good elemental shaman has a chance against a equal hunter, on the other hand I guess many people writing on this forums are not great pvp'ers and a bad elemental has no chance against a bad hunter.
    Last edited by mmoc9725088499; 2014-01-28 at 09:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Thopp View Post
    If you got serpent sting on you, pop Ascendance and he won't be able to CC you with trap or wyvern sting (unless he has the glyph, which he shouldn't as hunters really have no choice but to go with spirit bond, camouflage and explosive trap, anything else would be a bad choice)
    See, this is why you can't use forums like this as a resource for PvP. EVERY good Hunter uses Solace. Every. Single. One. Literally, all of them.

Regardless, duels mean nothing. A WW Monk shouldn't lose to anything other than a Hunter in duels, and Hunters really shouldn't lose to anything. But duels are largely irrelevant anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Rucati View Post
    See, this is why you can't use forums like this as a resource for PvP. EVERY good Hunter uses Solace. Every. Single. One. Literally, all of them.

Regardless, duels mean nothing. A WW Monk shouldn't lose to anything other than a Hunter in duels, and Hunters really shouldn't lose to anything. But duels are largely irrelevant anyway.
    Indeed, this is why we can't have good things.

Even admitted in the same post that he plays a hunter and that he has absolutely no problem with elemental shamans.

He then proceeds to follow it with a quote off the forums from somebody else (lol?)

And then goes on to call it a l2p issue on all Elementals parts.
    Last edited by Anzen; 2014-01-28 at 10:31 AM.

Herald of the Titans Darksoldierr's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Because of the randomness of their damage, they can be insanely good and bad at the same time.

Amazing off healing, good sustained, very high spike damage, decent surviveability.
    Time is on our side
    Brutal Gladiator Enhancement Shaman *rawr*

Deleted
    As a hunter I keep my cc for when he starts healing - silencing shot, crane sleep, scater trap (aimed shot hard cast after that) and binding shot explosive trap, as for the dmg I would use sac at start and det/feign death/camo during burst in ascendance, while keeping healing debuf consonantly and killing healing tide/stream asap.
    My experience is little bellow 2400 (as hunt mohyto Eu stormscale, had duelist once) not trying to show off just to explain why I think in the above scenario hunters have the upper hand. Which doesn't mean that shammys are bad, they just need the right approach to be effective, ie when to use cd and know how to kite.

PS. B4 goat nerf shamy was totally fucked as there was no chance he would ever cast anything left along a heal with the debuff.....
    Cheers

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Anzen View Post

hexing a hunter twice on CD without an interrupt, stun, scatter or a trinket?
    First one trinketed (in duels, not necessary in BGs ), second one not. And having instant Hex (Ancestral Swiftness) helps a lot Look, i only want to say the ele is not completely useless vs Hunter and other classes. We are pretty tanky: high armor, 30% dmg reduction for 15 seconds, 10% dmg reduction almost all the time + 10% physical dmg reduction (dwarf racial also helps here) + solid heals + we have our lucky procs. With a bit of luck we are not bad at all, without luck we can't win.