Deleted

Question Teaming up for a /roll game.

Hey,

((A little wall of text but I didn't know how to explain this properly ):

A question. So me and some friends were doing some /roll games in the world of warcraft. Rules are simple we decide an amount to roll for (example 10k).
    Everyone /rolls, highest roller gets paid 10k by every person in the group. Easy rules.
    Now me (A) and a friend (B) decided to team up against person (C). Player C didn't know about it. So we were rolling with 3 people (A,B,C). So what happened; if player A wins the roll, he gets paid by person C, (not getting paid by person B because A and B are teaming up). If player C wins the roll he gets paid both by A and B.
    Now player A and B were making quite alot of gold, and we decided to tell player C we were doing this. Now there is alittle discussion going on if it is fair or not. I think teaming up doesn't matter. Here is why; player A & B together have a 66%(2/3) chance to win the roll, while player C only has a 33% (1/3) chance to win.
    A & B have higher chance to win, but if they win they only get paid by person C.
    Player C has a lower chance to win, but if he wins he gets paid by person A & B and so he wins the double.
    Example: we are rolling 3 times for 10k. Pure statisticly:
    1st roll: player A & B win: they win 10k
    2nd roll: player A &B win again: they win 10k
    3rd roll: player C wins: he wins 20k (because both A and B pay him).

So I think it doesn't matter if you team up or not. Or am I thinking wrong? There is a little discussion going on between me and a friend about this so hope someone can give clairity.

Thanks.

Stood in the Fire ImEveryCliche's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The two teaming up definitely have an unfair advantage.

Aren't those games against the ToU? or whatever it's called...
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

It matters because you kept it hidden from person C.
    They guy thinks the same rules applies to all of you, and finds comfort that when he loses, one of you also loses, thus he's not alone in his defeat....
    It is fair in terms of odds, but that's not the point... you played a gambling game and kept some info about it in the dark from one of the participants.
    It is not legit or cool... imo you should give him his gold back.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by AeneasBK View Post
    Aren't those games against the ToU? or whatever it's called...
    I'm pretty sure you are allowed to do them, since we are just using in game gold and no irl money. I heard people saying 'you are allowed to do them but you aren't allowed to advertise for them'.

Quote Originally Posted by Neverfail View Post
    I'm pretty sure you are allowed to do them, since we are just using in game gold and no irl money. I heard people saying 'you are allowed to do them but you aren't allowed to advertise for them'.
    They are against the rules but you're not going to get banned for playing a few gambling roll games with friends. One of my old guilds used to do it during bio breaks in raids, "Who wants to roll for 100k!".

Edit: On topic, it's douchey teaming up and not letting the other guys know.
    Last edited by -Skye; 2014-01-28 at 12:52 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by TCGamer View Post
    If I had the cash to pay a DDoSer, I would in a heartbeat. Especially with the way the anti-legacy crowd has been attacked by the pro-legacy crowd day in and day out.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Neverfail View Post
    On EU servers they're completely against the ToS (But as long as no one in the group reports it, no harm done), on US they're only allowed in private settings (guilds, and the sort). The difference is due to EU laws on gambling and so on.

But to answer your question, A and B don't have a mathematical advantage, but a psychological one as they don't feel they lose as often.

Deleted
    i dit this alot with my guild and in the end won about 120k gold. but teaming up with someone and not telling them is wrong even tho the odds are the same.