Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Endgame rewards to those that level to from 1 to 100?

I get the point, having to not pay for a 90 is it's own reward.

Stop insulting and berating me when my opinion has already been swayed, thank you.
    Last edited by StrayFox; 2014-01-28 at 07:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by StrayFox View Post
    I'm curious, if Blizzard are going to start selling 90 character boosts on the cash shop... will they reward those players that leveled from 1-100?

I mean, those who level deserve some sort of compensation for going through 100 levels of content, even better if you do it without heirlooms. In my personal opinion I won't buy a 90 just because I love leveling.

What do you guys think?

I think that we should get rewarded a title, tabard, or mount. Get a achievement called "Helping is Caring" or "I've Been Around!" where it rewards you one of the three rewards.
    no...
    just another way you want to show/want to feel "special"..
    well you arent.

Maybe they will. The more obvious answer is the extra money you didn't spend and the fun you had leveling should be the reward buuuuut Blizzard is almost admitting that leveling 1-90 as it is isn't exactly that appealing since they clearly feel there is a market and a want/desire to skip the leveling process. Perhaps they'll go all the way and reward players for leveling normally more or less admitting it isn't rewarding enough right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Unproven View Post
    no...
    well you arent.
    Yeah we are. We actually leveled through 1-90. Based off how many people are complaining it's tedious/annoying, it's worth at least an achievement.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aydinx2
    People who don't buy the deluxe edition should be permanently banned. I'm sick of playing with poor people.

Getting to 100 IS the reward.
    We don't need to get trinkets for every single thing we do, like some kindergarden softball team.

No. If one enjoys leveling, then he or she should level for the sake of enjoying it. There is no need for some special recognition or reward.

Quote Originally Posted by Aydinx2 View Post
    Yeah we are. We actually leveled through 1-90. Based off how many people are complaining it's tedious/annoying, it's worth at least an achievement.
    why should you get rewarded for something so core in the game?
    are you all honestly that far out that you dont want to do something unless it awards you 10 points?
    and "leveling" already grants you an achievement for each level. as i said.
    this is just so someone can get a the "lool look i r gutter than you i r leveled by myselvf"

10+ Year Old Account
    no...
    well you arent.
    Pretty much this.

The "fun" people claim to have while leveling should be the reward. Poor people who hate leveling are the ones that I feel bad for, then again maybe they should be working or trying to find a better job and not playing wow.
    Last edited by Shadee; 2014-01-28 at 05:00 PM.

Deleted
    You know how they made "Insane in the Membrane" laughable easy to do? Because not everyone could do it. How do you try to sell some title, pet or mount for those who could never get them, because they did not start at lvl 1? It would take the whole "everyone is invited, even the notsointelligentones" concept that works so well for WoW on its head and go back to Vanilla WoW exclusive club mentality. And even without boosts trough heirlooms, resurrection scrolls and such, the leveling speed is so laughable fast, giving away a title for it is kind of beside the point.

The reward is you don't have to spend money to boost to 90.

Quote Originally Posted by Itisamuh View Post
    No. If one enjoys leveling, then he or she should level for the sake of enjoying it. There is no need for some special recognition or reward.
    To be fair, Blizzard has rewarded us with small rewards from the mailbox for hitting level cap, since BC... actually. Now, however, there is a way to get out of doing all the dirty work.

If we are both doing the same job and you sit around all day and I work my ass off, you shouldn't get that bonus that's going around, you shouldn't become employee of the month, and you shouldn't get a raise.

EDIT :

Also why would being rewarded a title hurt anyone? You get a tabard for exploring the map and a title for doing all the quests? leveling through 100 levels of content deserves something. Even without the free 90 being implemented there should be a reward for doing so. It's 100 levels of content

Like I said, Blizzard has rewarded us in the past for leveling to 100, maybe bump up the reward a bit.
    Last edited by StrayFox; 2014-01-28 at 05:04 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm curious, if Blizzard are going to start selling 90 character boosts on the cash shop... will they reward those players that leveled from 1-100?

I mean, those who level deserve some sort of compensation for going through 100 levels of content, even better if you do it without heirlooms. In my personal opinion I won't buy a 90 just because I love leveling.

What do you guys think?

I think that we should get rewarded a title, tabard, or mount. Get a achievement called "Helping is Caring" or "I've Been Around!" where it rewards you one of the three rewards.
    Leveling is not a difficult task. Anyone who would rather work hard, than work smart, deserves only one thing. To be mocked for working hard instead of smart. Leveling is not a skill. I've leveled two characters using only pet battles. I had no clue what to do with them til they hit 90 and I watched some YouTube videos.

This thread is pretty sad. The idea itself it just screaming "We leveled by hand, we are snowflakes."

Deleted
    compensation? as in, we're sorry we made you play the game you paid for? we're sorry you didn't pay money to not play the game...

that's retarded

Quote Originally Posted by Superman-BladesEdge View Post
    This thread is pretty sad. The idea itself it just screaming "We leveled by hand, we are snowflakes."
    Not really, like I said. Blizzard has rewarded us in the past for hitting level cap, this isn't very different.

Prepare for this discussion to become a "Stop being a special snowflake" and "special snowflakes are dumb and your opinion is dumb" thread.

This is just silly, like all of these threads. There does not need to be some additional disadvantage to discourage people from paying money to get to 90. The cost alone is enough. I can't see myself using this, because leveling is really easy, and doesn't take that much time. Yet I don't feel like I need some extra reward for doing it. Hell, I've leveled up new toons rather than paying for a race change, because it was easy and it didn't seem worth the money to me.

Maybe you could see this as a good thing. An additional income for them to put back into the game. In the meantime, get over it.

To be fair, Blizzard has rewarded us with small rewards from the mailbox for hitting level cap, since BC... actually. Now, however, there is a way to get out of doing all the dirty work.

If we are both doing the same job and you sit around all day and I work my ass off, you shouldn't get that bonus that's going around, you shouldn't become employee of the month, and you shouldn't get a raise.
    Are you suggesting that leveling is working your ass off? If you want a floor in your house changed out, your options are to do it yourself or to pay to have it done for you. Either way has the same result, assuming the do it yourself plan goes well. Leveling is a time sink, a means to an end, nothing more, and now people will have the option between losing time or losing money to get to the part of the game that matters to them. Neither is more special than the other. I would agree with you if leveling was actually hard, or if the boost was free, but neither is the case.

10+ Year Old Account

What do you guys think?

I think the reward should be an achievement called "Want some cheese with your whine?" or perhaps titles. You could choose from "The Overly Entitled" or "The Special Snowflake."

A mount would be nice though - how about [Reins of the Teardrop Elemental] - a mighty aquatic steed from the Que'que Sea!

10+ Year Old Account
    Like the idea of showing off who didn't boost, this is just as silly. Who cares? Who cares how anyone got to end-game? What matters is how you conduct yourself in end game.

no...
    well you arent.
    People that have money are special. It's proven.

You got your reward. You saved $25-$40 doing it yourself. Should I get an achievement because I farmed all of my herbs instead of buying them off the Auction House when I leveled Alchemy?