10+ Year Old Account

CM / PG BiS list?

Just curious if there is some sort of BiS list out there for doing challenge modes / proving grounds. I've been bored enough recently to bother doing proving grounds (did all CM golds ages ago) and possibly better gold times with my guildies in CMs.

Doing endless 30+ with a legendary meta+cloak / t16 4p and t16 trinkets isnt that great (made it to about endless 25 so far by just messing around as BM).
    Tired of ElvUI and its various clones?

Try one of these:

Altz UI
    // RealUI // KaitUI // ls: UI

While not a specific BiS, I aim for maximum number of sockets.

Helm - Engi w agile primal diamond
    Neck - Anything with 1 socket
    Shoulders - 2 socket
    Back - 1 socket (Legendary)
    Chest - 3 socket
    Bracer - 1 socket
    Gloves - 2 socket
    Belt - 2 socket + 1
    Pants - 3 socket
    Boots - 2 socket
    Rings - 1 socket
    Trinket 1 - Bottle of Infinite stars
    Trinket 2 - Relic of xuen

Not sure how the T16 trinkets stack up here. If I recall, the stat scaling is based on the stamina ratio to that of a 463 baseline, I believe there are some ilvls which have different stamina values per ilvl but I forget which ones igve the most.

Quote Originally Posted by Teucer View Post
    While not a specific BiS, I aim for maximum number of sockets.

Helm - Engi w agile primal diamond
    Neck - Anything with 1 socket
    Shoulders - 2 socket
    Back - 1 socket (Legendary)
    Chest - 3 socket
    Bracer - 1 socket
    Gloves - 2 socket
    Belt - 2 socket + 1
    Pants - 3 socket
    Boots - 2 socket
    Rings - 1 socket
    Trinket 1 - Bottle of Infinite stars
    Trinket 2 - Relic of xuen

Not sure how the T16 trinkets stack up here. If I recall, the stat scaling is based on the stamina ratio to that of a 463 baseline, I believe there are some ilvls which have different stamina values per ilvl but I forget which ones igve the most.
    Pretty much this. Just a note that with Weapons the extra socket from the Test of Valor quest doesn't work , it may look like it does but if you actually check stats before and after putting it on it doesn't actually have an effect. This makes the best weapon the Heirloom bow from Garrosh.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...rive_web#gid=0

Couple of things I disagree with though.

1. Not using Voice of the Quilen when it has 80 more agi than any other gun even at 463.

2. Relic of Xuen, I just really don't like that the agi proc is only from critting, it doesn't like to proc sometimes. I prefer Renatkis/TED with Bottle.
    Last edited by Megabloks; 2014-01-20 at 09:17 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Megabloks View Post
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...rive_web#gid=0

Couple of things I disagree with though.

1. Not using Voice of the Quilen when it has 80 more agi than any other gun even at 463.

2. Relic of Xuen, I just really don't like that the agi proc is only from critting, it doesn't like to proc sometimes. I prefer Renatkis/TED with Bottle.
    Nice list but that is for wizards.

EDIT -- Derp how do I even google docs? (I figured it out).

EDIT #2 -- I disagree on the boot choice as well. Dreadrunner Sabatons and ofc Hellscream's Warbow
    Last edited by Supakaiser; 2014-01-20 at 09:44 AM.
    Tired of ElvUI and its various clones?

Try one of these:

Altz UI
    // RealUI // KaitUI // ls: UI

Quote Originally Posted by Supakaiser View Post
    Nice list but that is for wizards.

EDIT -- Derp how do I even google docs? (I figured it out).

EDIT #2 -- I disagree on the boot choice as well. Dreadrunner Sabatons and ofc Hellscream's Warbow
    Those boots are worse than the Ra-den ones. Gemming for bonuses of course.

Dreadrunner Sabatons:
    Agi: 828
    Secondaries: 841

Treads of the Sanguine Volley:
    Agi:788
    Secondaries: 1019

Anyone in their right mind knows that 178 secondaries is well worth 40 agi, considering it is ~.33 secondary per point of agi.

The BoA bow is not even close to the gun

Voice of the Quilen:
    Agi:1279
    Secondaries:1113

Hellscream's Warbow:
    Agi:1179
    Secondaries:979

Clearly not even close.

Quote Originally Posted by Glurp View Post
    Pretty much this. Just a note that with Weapons the extra socket from the Test of Valor quest doesn't work , it may look like it does but if you actually check stats before and after putting it on it doesn't actually have an effect. This makes the best weapon the Heirloom bow from Garrosh.
    Not sure if this is true, will have to test tomorrow.

Just checked the prismatic socket is definitely giving stats in proving grounds.
    Last edited by Megabloks; 2014-01-20 at 12:07 PM.

Stupid question for me to ask...

Does Heroic gears scale better than normal,flex, and lfr in CM or all are the same stats scaled? Even 2/2 upgrade will help or doesn't make any difference? Cuz i am considering to try out CM. Is there any Bis list gears for CM?

From memory higher ilvl items are marginally better because the hit rating isn't scaled down so being able to attain hit cap with hit on fewer pieces of gear gives more room for damage stats.

Quote Originally Posted by Megabloks View Post
    Those boots are worse than the Ra-den ones. Gemming for bonuses of course.

Dreadrunner Sabatons:
    Agi: 828
    Secondaries: 841

Treads of the Sanguine Volley:
    Agi:788
    Secondaries: 1019

Anyone in their right mind knows that 178 secondaries is well worth 40 agi, considering it is ~.33 secondary per point of agi.

The BoA bow is not even close to the gun

Voice of the Quilen:
    Agi:1279
    Secondaries:1113

Hellscream's Warbow:
    Agi:1179
    Secondaries:979

Clearly not even close.

Not sure if this is true, will have to test tomorrow.

Just checked the prismatic socket is definitely giving stats in proving grounds.
    Except you're missing one fatal mistake in your logic. You're comparing the stats at normal ilvl. Click the Challenge Mode button and THEN compare stats. They are much different than you are proposing.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Koochulu View Post
    Except you're missing one fatal mistake in your logic. You're comparing the stats at normal ilvl. Click the Challenge Mode button and THEN compare stats. They are much different than you are proposing.
    Except... he's not.
    I'm not sure if I completely agree with his boots of choice, but he's not wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Bovan View Post
    Except... he's not.
    I'm not sure if I completely agree with his boots of choice, but he's not wrong.
    He is wrong, using higher item level gear to attain your hit/exp cap to get the most out of secondaries actually devalues your secondaries when entering CMs/PGs What was once 600 crit = 1% crit rating suddenly becomes something like 600 crit = .7% crit depending on how much hit/exp you used on that higher ilvl gear.

I'm not saying 100% which one is better, but its a very important thing to consider, you can't compare 1 item over another, you have to look at the whole package for CMs/PGs.
    Recruiting for 5.4 Heroic Progression

People are not understanding why ToT bows/guns are better. It is because you can attach Eye of the Black Prince to them, thus increasing the usefulness. Iron Qons bow always had the most agility, which is why it was BiS during ToT, and is in CM's. The Google doc says Durumus is better, but Voice gives 80 more agi. Thats big at 463.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pearsyn View Post
    He is wrong, using higher item level gear to attain your hit/exp cap to get the most out of secondaries actually devalues your secondaries when entering CMs/PGs What was once 600 crit = 1% crit rating suddenly becomes something like 600 crit = .7% crit depending on how much hit/exp you used on that higher ilvl gear.

I'm not saying 100% which one is better, but its a very important thing to consider, you can't compare 1 item over another, you have to look at the whole package for CMs/PGs.
    I'm not really sure what your post is about. I was commenting on someone pointing out that he wasn't downscaling the items, which isn't the case because he did.

Deleted
    Hey there, i'm the creator of the spreadsheet which has been discussed in the topic, regarding the items being discussed, yes, Voice of the Quilen will be a better option, the extra 80 Agi I completely missed out myself when I was looking at the weapons, cheers for pointing this out. Regarding an earlier talk on the trinkets, its been happening a lot recently with a lot of ICD trinkets not proccing as regularly as they should, especially the alchemy trinket, Zen Alchemist Stone, however, the two have been chosen currently because it has only a 5 second difference in their ICDs and has strong amounts (highest even for their ICD) Agility. Feel free to swap them out if you want, though only one I can really recommend swapping into is the Elegon Trinket, Bottle of Infinite Stars if you aren't able to grab either one of the current listed trinkets.

If there is anything else you wish for me to take a look at which I or the other editors have missed/over looked, just say, though please keep in mind the lists current stat priority!

10+ Year Old Account
    Been doing a BM Mastery build for CM's and have great results, works well with my TED and BoiS. Using the BoA bow from garrosh, with Eng helm with crit/mastery gems. As far as the rest of the pieces, anything that will get you hit/exp cap at 463, and has the max amount of sockets for more agility gems.

The legendary cloak is still the best to use due to the socket and primary stats.

Deleted