Thread: Movie Tie-in?

Blademaster
    15+ Year Old Account

Movie Tie-in?

Anyone else seeing the connection between WoD and the WoW movie in development? The WoW movie is going to be based on the first war. It will be set in Azeroth, but will still show the heroes of both sides, including all the Orcs that are being brought back for WoD. The expansion will have been out about a year or so before the movie hits, and around the time the movie hits we will have a new xpac announced that could easily tie back into the current or next movie in the series.

I smell a hype machine in the works to keep the game going.

This expansion is more 'Rise of the Horde' Orcs vs. Draenei. The movie is based on Orcs. vs Humans.

I don't really see the connection, beyond maybe wanting us to get familiar with Durotan.

I could see them launch a reboot of WC1, based on the movie.
    You just lost The Game

Quote Originally Posted by shoc View Post
    I could see them launch a reboot of WC1, based on the movie.
    As an 'official mod' for Starcraft 2, maybe. They said they don't want more than one RTS at the same time.

Quote Originally Posted by Soulwind View Post
    As an 'official mod' for Starcraft 2, maybe. They said they don't want more than one RTS at the same time.
    Makes sense.

The movie is set to launch in 2016, which, if we expect annual expansions, will coincide with Expansion 7 (WoD is 5). We'll be long done with the Orc's storyline by then so it's not really likely we'll see movie tie-ins. A caverns of time instance where we relive an epic battle from the movie might be neat though.
    You just lost The Game

Chris Metzen in a interview was asked this question and he just said it was a coincidence, albeit a happy one.

10+ Year Old Account
    I really can't wait for the movie release, my gf is pretty keen for it too which is surprising.

WoD is releasing this year. the movie is 2016.

also blizzard wants to release HD versions of WC1 and WC2
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor