Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Question Level 90 profession boost question

So with the boost to 90 if you have a level 60+ character you get a profession boost. It's showing right now that the boost puts your profession at 600. So, if i have a level 60 character with a profession that only has 1 skill point will it boost it all the way to 600?

Where does it say that it goes to 600?

I only keep on reading "a boost" which could be to 300 (which makes way more sense imo) too.

300ish is TBC level of professions, it doesnt make sense. 600 is equal to lvl 90.

OP, you saw the images on today front page of MMOC?
    I think that a panel will show up for boosting a character, with some options to choose, like professions, gear, and so on

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Diograo View Post
    300ish is TBC level of professions, it doesnt make sense. 600 is equal to lvl 90.

OP, you saw the images on today front page of MMOC?
    I think that a panel will show up for boosting a character, with some options to choose, like professions, gear, and so on
    Gear, hell no.

But it's quite likely if you boosted a 60+ character that you'd get a step 3 for choosing your two primary professions.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    Gear, hell no.

But it's quite likely if you boosted a 60+ character that you'd get a step 3 for choosing your two primary professions.
    Or, because you're level 60+, it just boosts what you already have. I will be using this method to get my Alchemist #3 for Potion mastery (or another transmuter) as well as either gnomish engineering or tailoring (more bags all around)

Nobody knows so far to what level it will get boosted.

To max level would be rediculous imo. Cause it is too easy and inbalanced imo.

Boosting a character to 90 does nothing to the economy etc but giving away a free max level profession is imo too much of an impact.
    You have easy to level professions and hard to level ones. Common sense would be you pick a hard one like enchanting/BS making it so that server will be flooded with those professions.

Lets face it, everyone who buys expansion will get a free 90, lets say 40-50% uses that one a lvl 60+ character, we're talking 1+ million new max level professions in 1 click in WoW.
    Last edited by Puffy; 2014-01-28 at 05:08 PM.

It would make sense to boosdt the professions to 600 because you character would be 90. You're essentially trading xp levels for profession levels.

Quote Originally Posted by suckmybattleship View Post
    So with the boost to 90 if you have a level 60+ character you get a profession boost. It's showing right now that the boost puts your profession at 600. So, if i have a level 60 character with a profession that only has 1 skill point will it boost it all the way to 600?
    Yeah, I assume so. That is why I'm picking a 60 I already leveled rather than bump a 1 to 90.

You have to consider that this boost is intended for WoD, not Pandaria. 600 might be a little high, but 550 to 575 will likely be enough to start picking up profession mats, and will likely be where the boost leaves your professions, so that you don't have to backtrack and can play current content (which is the point of the boost to begin with).

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edlarel View Post
    Or, because you're level 60+, it just boosts what you already have. I will be using this method to get my Alchemist #3 for Potion mastery (or another transmuter) as well as either gnomish engineering or tailoring (more bags all around)
    I dunno, just seems like something Blizz will make a UI for that doesn't actually need it.

I mean what about those who never got professions because they rolled a DK, or just didn't bother?
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    I dunno, just seems like something Blizz will make a UI for that doesn't actually need it.

I mean what about those who never got professions because they rolled a DK, or just didn't bother?
    If Blizzard sells 90's on a regular basis I can see people exploiting the veteran feature, making DK's so you can just get a top profession for your guild. *shrugs*

Quote Originally Posted by StrayFox View Post
    If Blizzard sells 90's on a regular basis I can see people exploiting the veteran feature, making DK's so you can just get a top profession for your guild. *shrugs*
    Idk why people would do that though when its just a few thousand gold to buy leveling kits.

Quote Originally Posted by StrayFox View Post
    I could see something like that being a problem, but maybe they will only give you one "veteran" boost and then if you buy a different boost you wont get the same privileges.

10+ Year Old Account
    Its 600 as of the current PTR patch.

Picture taken from Reddit, not mine.

whatever man

Quote Originally Posted by Feefel View Post
    Its 600 as of the current PTR patch.

Picture taken from Reddit, not mine.
    I don't know where to find that Reddit post, but I'm curious to know if that character had to already start leveling their professions to allow the boost to 600

Quote Originally Posted by suckmybattleship View Post
    I don't know where to find that Reddit post, but I'm curious to know if that character had to already start leveling their professions to allow the boost to 600
    i just tried it with a character i leveled to 60 specifically for it, and you don't have to have started leveling professions. mine were at 11 and 1, 11 due to a racial bonus, and it said it'd boost them to 600.

Can't a profession boost be seen as pay to win then? :P
    The more professions you have at max level, the more gold you can make and the more gold you can spend on epic gear and such.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Exploitbat View Post
    Can't a profession boost be seen as pay to win then? :P
    The more professions you have at max level, the more gold you can make and the more gold you can spend on epic gear and such.
    this is talking about the 90 boost that comes with WoD. hardly p2w if everyone who buys WoD will get it, or maybe it is p2w, but everyone is a winner. see it whatever way you feel is best.

is this for real?? awesome!

So there goes making any gold from low level proffs mats

seriously blizz?

So for a price you can have all your alts fully proffed and at 90 if you have the capital to spare.

Me no likey