Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    You know that the ToT VP gear only requires friendly now right? (Outside of the shoulders which cost gold)

10+ Year Old Account
    I wish they would let us buy lfr tier sets with valor. I miss the wrath days of farming dungeons for frost emblems to buy gear. It was fun, and i miss doing dungeons. Lfr on the vender for valor is a good compromise.

Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    I wish they would let us buy lfr tier sets with valor. I miss the wrath days of farming dungeons for frost emblems to buy gear. It was fun, and i miss doing dungeons. Lfr on the vender for valor is a good compromise.
    Current tier or past tier? Current they'll never do. They think gearing through non-RNG is really really bad and uninteresting.

Past I could see, but again, gearing will be very different in WoD and I'm guessing that suggestion will be obsolete. I may miss on my guess of what it'll be like, but it is changing.

There is absolutely no issue with getting an alt geared other than the effort you want to put into it. I dinged a fresh 90 pally tank three weeks ago and he is geared to raid soo preliminary bosses with no outside help from guild members.

Farm up your useless island tokens. Run your LFR/FLEX. Do your legendary quest line. It is that simple.

My alt pally is 4 weeks old and will finish the secrets portion of the legendary quest line this week.

If I can get logged on during the day.............
    There is no Bad RNG just Bad LTP

Deleted
    wrath/cata way of gearing was the best for alts, i really hope wod will be in the same direction.
    every other opinion is just from ppl with too much free time in their life.

Quote Originally Posted by Eike View Post
    wrath/cata way of gearing was the best for alts, i really hope wod will be in the same direction.
    every other opinion is just from ppl with too much free time in their life.
    That makes absolutely no sense. It takes LESS time now than it did before, and arguably less effort. Significantly less actually on both accounts. The only way they could make it easier would be to mail every character a set of raid epics as soon as they reach max level. They practically do that now, with the chests on Timeless Isle.
    I found I enjoyed the game significantly more when I stopped paying attention to all the people on the forums telling me how much I am supposed to hate it
    All this complaining is simply further proof that Blizzard could send each and every player a real-life wish-granting flying unicorn carrying a solid gold plate of chocolate chip cookies wrapped in hundred dollar bills, and someone would whine that Blizzard sucks for not letting them choose oatmeal raisin.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Atlas Nerzhul View Post
    Well for one, those are hit or miss. Its a chance that the gear drop is even your armor proficiency. And for those who just got their first 90 during the timeless isle release.. forget about it... you can not compete with people who are farming blood tokens, mobs hit wayyyy too hard for those fresh 90's. Grind heroic dungeons is what would be best for them. And did I also not state that LFR is an absolute disaster? people still cannot kill the first few bosses.
    One scenario run will get you a weapon, a few solo quests will get you 502 boots. Those along with Townlong/Dread Wastes quest rewards will let you kill timeless mobs easily. The gear tokens from timeless are always your armor proficiency and they are extremely easy to get even during a Timeless Isle zergfest. The only time tokens aren't your armor proficiency is when you collect them on your main to hand out to your alts. Which brings up the point that you can literally use your main to hand out 496 gear to your alts if they use the same armor type. It doesn't get any easier or faster than that. Grinding dungeons is slower and nets you a much lower item level, even in a worst case scenario.

This expansion in particular has been anti alt since the beginning, its a fact, from daily grind to valor cap, the legendary quest, the remove of multiple ways to gear alts like in lich king or cata, etc. Hof and ToT was a hard raid to pug and while they fix this in SoO, the lfr part was left overtunned.

Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    I asked this last year to gc https://twitter.com/OccupyGStreet/st...79628857815040

It takes LESS time now than it did before, and arguably less effort. Significantly less actually on both accounts. The only way they could make it easier would be to mail every character a set of raid epics as soon as they reach max level. They practically do that now, with the chests on Timeless Isle.
    The TI gear is awful itemized and you still need to do lfr to close the gap from 496 to 520-530 to do flex depending if you are tank, healer or dps.
    Last edited by Clrg; 2014-01-28 at 07:42 PM.

Gearing alts is ridiculously easy in Mists. The problem only lies in swapping mains and not having the legendary cloak (if you weren't already doing all the quest stuff 2-3 times a week for your alts as well).

Quote Originally Posted by Masterik View Post
    The TI gear is awful itemized and you still need to do lfr to close the gap from 496 to 520-530 to do flex depending if you are tank, healer or dps.
    I never said it was the best gear in the game. But it is enough to get you going. Which is the point. And you do not need 520+ ilvl to do flex. It just gives you more options. But there are SoO events on OpenRaid right now that require as low as 510.

But lets say you want 520+. Use the Timeless Isle gear to do one full clear of ToT LFR and that should get you to Friendly with Shado-Pan Assault. If you absolutely cannot stand to do even that one run, you can get to Friendly without it. It just takes significantly longer. Then you can buy 522 ilvl valor gear. Granted, you may not be able to get all the way to 530, but with the valor gear plus upgrades you can get VERY close. And you can earn valor without ever stepping foot in LFR. LFR can be completely avoided. It is just the fastest way to gear up. But it is by no means the only way.
    I found I enjoyed the game significantly more when I stopped paying attention to all the people on the forums telling me how much I am supposed to hate it
    All this complaining is simply further proof that Blizzard could send each and every player a real-life wish-granting flying unicorn carrying a solid gold plate of chocolate chip cookies wrapped in hundred dollar bills, and someone would whine that Blizzard sucks for not letting them choose oatmeal raisin.

We can purchase gear with valor or JP lol

Quote Originally Posted by Krazzorx View Post
    Current tier or past tier? Current they'll never do. They think gearing through non-RNG is really really bad and uninteresting.
    Unless you are the poor schmuck who has bad luck. The first time I managed to get a tier drop (through pugs) was in LFR in DS, IIRC.

15+ Year Old Account
    I've decided that the common denominator when people complain about LFR is themselves. They're the only ones that are in every run that seems to turn bad. I've had a few spotty LFRs over the last year, but honestly it's not that bad overall, and you've obviously never been in progression where you spend all week on one boss and still don't kill it.

I liked having the badge system as a form of bad RNG buffer. Sad to see it gone episodically when the final nail was for the purpose of making LFR gear more relevant. First tier gear was pulled for LFR and then the rest of the VP gear.

If LFR is going tourist mode with more options towards gearing then I wonder what system Blizzard has in mind especially with gear upgrade for next expansion still being decided.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vargas View Post
    LFR helps alts, not hurts them.

If LFR is crippling your alt, the problem is obviously with the player.
    Given the time sink of LFR which isnt that casual on top of RNG I wouldnt really call LFR helpful for alts.

Quote Originally Posted by Atlas Nerzhul View Post
    But do you get my point? i hope they go back to gearing like it was in wrath. Yeah, it was easy to gear, but the game was fun. It wasn't a chore.
    To you. You are not the only one who plays or who has the last say on what is fun and what is not. I know it is hard for many people to understand their view of the game is not the only view. My main is ilvl 525, no legendary cloak, and no lfr. I hate raids. If I had my way all raids would be removed along with the screaming wailing kiddies who love them. I love Timeless, the dailies and weeklies, I do not find them a chore, I have 12 90s atm, 5 at 85 working their way to 90 (2 accounts) and am happy to do timeless on them all each day.
    My point is my view of the game and what is fun is totally different to yours. It does not make me or you right or wrong, but I am mature enough to realise it.

Having the crafted 553 legs and belts is good. But its small compared to how much crafted and valor gear was available in the past. I too would like to see a full set of normal gear available via valor + crafted + boe drops.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gurbz View Post
    That makes absolutely no sense. It takes LESS time now than it did before
    It takes less time to get to ilvl496 sure. But that may as well be blues compared with the ilvl 553 you get from current tier.
    Last edited by dexx; 2014-01-29 at 04:14 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vargas View Post
    If LFR is crippling your alt, the problem is obviously with the player.
    LFR is not raiding, it's a pointless loot piniata that more often than not is more hassle than it is worth. The game was much better when LFR did not exist. How can you argue that?
    Hi

Quote Originally Posted by Saffa View Post
    I do not find them a chore, I have 12 90s atm, 5 at 85 working their way to 90 (2 accounts) and am happy to do timeless on them all each day.
    It would surprise me to the point of a heart attack if it took more than one hand to count the number of people who can say exactly the same thing.
    Soothing Mist:"Healing them for a minor amount every 0.5 sec, until you take any other action."
    Jade Serpent Statue: "The statue will also begin casting Soothing Mist on your target. healing for 50% as much as yours. "
    [What's half of minor?]
    "Statue casts Soothing Mist at a nearby ally for toddler healing."

Honestly PvE in Mop is really bad IMO its to easy and rewashed content over and over

- - - Updated - - -

Honestly PvE in Mop is really bad IMO its to easy and rewashed content over and over

Don't post spam
    Last edited by Darsithis; 2014-01-29 at 04:35 AM.

Well, I'm sure blizzard will add stuff to the cash shop to alleviate the grind. Like, increase valor gains by 50% for 1 hour or increase valor cap etcetc. Just keep an open mind and I'm sure they'll add these things for the player base.