Poll: What should happen to the Kor'kron?

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

The Fate of the Kor'kron

will the Kor'Kron still exist or be asked to disband?
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    I believe @DaveKosak had some insight on this. It's his call if he wants to share or not.
    for everything they did, they should be renamed to kor'crunchies and given to the forsaken >
    source: https://twitter.com/Loreology/status/428233723847270400

Usually I wouldn't really think too much about orc stuff, but after reading these tweets and chuckling a bit, I couldn't help it but to wonder what future tomorrow brings for the Kor'kron.

The Kor'kron, originally a group of elite orc soldiers created by Thrall to serve as the Warchief's personal body guards, have recently become Garrosh's personal army in his dictatorial campaign for World Domination.

Now that Garrosh has been removed from his seat of power, what will happen to these orcs? Whar do you think that should happen to them?
    Warlorcs of Draenorc made me quit. You can't have my stuff.

They´re killed, imprisioned, or maybe they will move with Garrosh to Draenor (and we will kill them).

I think that they should be close to extinction right now, but probably they will raise again as what they should be. Kor'kron is a really cool name to be wasted.
    Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive.

10+ Year Old Account
    They should stick as an organzation with Garrosh's ideals.

2 votes for being the warchief's personal bodyguards and one for merging with the siamequashi already? :O

personally, if I were vol'jin, I wouldn't want to have the group of orcs that tried to kill me with a poisonous dagger in the neck as my bodyguards lol
    Warlorcs of Draenorc made me quit. You can't have my stuff.

I could see Vol'jin bringing back the Kor'kron as an elite force of soldiers of the Horde. Meaning its not made up of only Orcs, but of Forsaken, Tauren, Trolls, Blood Elves, Goblins, and even Pandaren.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    They should all be forced to drink thralls blood and become sue'kron - The most perfect and idealistic military organization in azeroth.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    They should all be forced to drink thralls blood and become sue'kron - The most perfect and idealistic military organization in azeroth.
    ha ha ha ha ha ha! I support this idea!

Herald of the Titans Deathgoose's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I can see a few outcomes that would make logical sense:

1) They remain loyal to Garrosh as the only Warchief they recognize and they depart with him to kick off WoD.
    or
    2A) They are entirely disbanded after having been tainted with the stigma of becoming jack booted thugs working for a tyrant.
    2B) They are disbanded as an all-orc force, and instead become filled with members from *ALL* of the Horde races to avoid a repeat.

What I don't see logical is for them to remain as they currently are, in the position of being the Warchief's personal bodyguard. I would even be dubious about them remaining as they currently are as the body guard of the new Orc racial leader.

But, I half expect one or the other.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Zaela leads them as they wait for the True Warchief to return. They could have ported out to Twilight Highlands and closed the port behind them.
    You cared enough to post.

I hope the kor'kron who were guarding Undercity were unaffected by Garrosh's corruption of the organization and form the core of the new kor'kron.
    There's a very fine line between not listening, and not caring. I like to think that I walk that line every day of my life. ~ Private Leonard Church

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Execute them all as they are tainted or banish them to some far off island. Garrosh alone did not stake innocents on spikes.

They will be forever remembered in the wolf I ride on.

Deleted
    Hopefully reformed into some sort of organisation which aims to protect and uphold the values of the horde as it should be, similar to how the Klaxxi function.

Quote Originally Posted by checking facts View Post
    2 votes for being the warchief's personal bodyguards and one for merging with the siamequashi already? :O

personally, if I were vol'jin, I wouldn't want to have the group of orcs that tried to kill me with a poisonous dagger in the neck as my bodyguards lol
    The Kor'Kron already have non-orc members and only a part of the legion joined with Garrosh.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    The Kor'kron is an elite unit, with only ONE purpose; To do what the Warchief commands. They might as well be without souls for that matter, they are basically the Unsullied of A Song of Fire and Ice. They are an idea and a concept much more than a force of troops. They ask no questions and only follow orders. Which is why they did what Garrosh told them to, that is why they did what Thrall told them to, and if anything they should simply continue as an order just under Vol'jin's rule now, most likely as trolls instead of orcs. The individuals should obviously be punished, but the order should remain as the order itself is impartial and neutral.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Byne View Post
    I hope the kor'kron who were guarding Undercity were unaffected by Garrosh's corruption of the organization and form the core of the new kor'kron.
    Those Kor'kron are gone and were moved from Undercity to bolster Orgrimmar, or Sylvanas killed them. It's not quite clear, as Blizzard themselves (or Kosak) said that they are gone, but the details are unclear and fuzzy.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

go back to being the bodyguards and elite warriors they were before. their numbers swelled with Garrosh recruiting any Orc that either shared his ideals or was forced to join.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by Harmonious View Post
    Hopefully reformed into some sort of organisation which aims to protect and uphold the values of the horde as it should be, similar to how the Klaxxi function.
    Replace "Horde" with "Warchief" and then you basically have what they used to be. The Kor'kron weren't a massive army until Garrosh started promoting every pro-Garrosh goon.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Deleted
    Aren't they all dead?

Herald of the Titans Valnoressa's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    ...Maybe I'm high but I could have swore someone (a dev) mentioned that the Kor'kron followed Garrosh to Draenor?

Might have imagined that though.

I'm not so sure that the Kor'kron were Garrosh's personal anything as much as they are/were the Warchief's personal soldiers. They were created by Thrall with the express purpose of being the unquestioning sword arm of the Warchief. They are not advisers or soldiers of the Horde, they are the personal weapons of the Warchief no matter who that Warchief is, that is what they do and who they are. If the Warchief ordered them to surrender to the Alliance they would, in theory at least if the Warchief ordered them to fall on their swords they would, and if the Warchief tells them to put down a rebellion they would.

Blaming the Kor'kron in the same way you would lay blame at the feet of Garrosh, is kind of like blaming a knife when you cut yourself.