Page 1 of 6
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Discontinue WF/TF idea in WoD please

Although the thought of getting a TF item in ToT or a WF item in SoO has been an entertaining one, watching another hunter (obv my main is a hunter) coin 7 HWF BiS items while I cant coin 1 HWF BiS item is frankly BS. I'm sure there is many many stories where people have been in like situations. Thanks RNG. It really adds up and affects Min/Max when there difference is so great between players. to reflect, coining=good idea. WF/TF=bad idea; it makes me feel like what I have is garbage.

it only gonna get worse in wod

HF getting Heroic warforged with socket and extra stat
    "The speed of light is faster than the speed of sound.
    That's why so many people look smart until they start talking."

FC-0404-6893-4293 Fire safari Larvesta/Growlithe/Braixen IGN: X Archimand, Y Shina.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Archimand View Post
    it only gonna get worse in wod

HF getting Heroic warforged with socket and extra stat
    Yeah I can't wait.

highlighting that it makes what you have feel like trash when u cant get a WF BiS item.

They haven't said one way or another that they would, but I wouldn't see a reason to keep it around. They initially introduced it as a way to get groups to run 25 man content by providing the incentive. With Mythic raiding now being a set 20 man and everything else being flex, the extra incentive now lies in running the harder content anyway.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by omnibishop View Post
    They haven't said one way or another that they would, but I wouldn't see a reason to keep it around. They initially introduced it as a way to get groups to run 25 man content by providing the incentive. With Mythic raiding now being a set 20 man and everything else being flex, the extra incentive now lies in running the harder content anyway.
    They completely confirmed that [blank]forged gear will continue into WoD.

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Additional Properties

Armor pieces may have three other properties at random. First, items may be higher Item Level than normal. For sake of this discussion, we’ll call these items Warforged for now. (Source)
    Last edited by Aquamonkey; 2014-01-30 at 04:15 AM.

Discarding the whole system because you got RNG on rolls is a bad idea.

WF/TF seems to work fine for its intended purpose, ie making sure you don't wind up sharding everything on farm bosses.

I think the real problem here is the player mindset whereby the world is divided into two parts:

1) Absolute BiS possible in the entire game
    2) Crap

WF/TF is a BONUS. As will be the many kinds of bonus gear stuff (eg gem slots, tertiaries) in WoD.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post

WF/TF seems to work fine for its intended purpose, ie making sure you don't wind up sharding everything on farm bosses.

I think the real problem here is the player mindset whereby the world is divided into two parts:

2) Crap

WF/TF is a BONUS. As will be the many kinds of bonus gear stuff (eg gem slots, tertiaries) in WoD.
    "BIS or GTFO" mentality is a poison to the community. Random bonus properties on gears helps to alleviate it.

Yeah, it sucks to be the outlier, but it's not really that different from the RNG of drops that's always existed.
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

2) Crap

the main reason this mentality exist is because of 10/25, for 10 its a bonus, for 25 its bis.

which is wrong, now that they remove the whole 10/25 they should either remove tf/wf from normal/heroic or make sure 10-30 players have the same chance to get it.

also wow w/e you like it or not is rpg, in rpg ppl try to get the best possible gear and are pissed if they get the same gear 10 times in row.

however blizzard goes the wrong way about it, in wod i will be fine if rng will have those layers, first layer rng if item drop, 2nd layer rng if it will have sockets or bonus stat, 3rd layer rng if it will have sockets and bonus stat.

we do not need another bonus rng ontop of that

FC-0404-6893-4293 Fire safari Larvesta/Growlithe/Braixen IGN: X Archimand, Y Shina.

10+ Year Old Account
    Its so that raids continue to have gear to look forward to on the 50th farm run. Ima guess that a LOT more gear will have one of the suffixes (Ima say.. 40% of all gear dropping will have one of the 3 bonuses. Now, 2 will be as rare as warforged is now, and 3 will be very rare)
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    You might not have to suffer through bad luck with mythic raids as much because every mythic group will get the same chance of getting a WF drop (no 10/25). So look on the bright side.

Quote Originally Posted by Skytip View Post
    You might not have to suffer through bad luck with mythic raids as much because every mythic group will get the same chance of getting a WF drop (no 10/25). So look on the bright side.
    if mythic 20 and 10/25 noraml heroic will have same chance as now for the 25man groups, it will be fine, but if they drop it to 10man levels, they can expact ppl to quit.

also no one will do 50 farm runs, 40 runs is 10 months, no chance in hell ppl will run it that much as corrent content

I consider the whole TF/WF concept to be a bad attempt to elongate raiding tiers.

10+ Year Old Account
    So on the 50th time when you don't get it what then? When the tier is over and it didn't drop what then?

TF/WF was a system put in place to encourage the dying 25M raid teams.

Week in and week out the same RNG for 25 weeks of SoO is retarded. It isnt that its just not BiS b/c it isnt HWF on the spot. Its the culminating weeks of never seeing the BiS drop.

Quote Originally Posted by Fortyz View Post
    Although the thought of getting a TF item in ToT or a WF item in SoO has been an entertaining one, watching another hunter (obv my main is a hunter) coin 7 HWF BiS items while I cant coin 1 HWF BiS item is frankly BS. I'm sure there is many many stories where people have been in like situations. Thanks RNG. It really adds up and affects Min/Max when there difference is so great between players. to reflect, coining=good idea. WF/TF=bad idea; it makes me feel like what I have is garbage.
    You both got something. He got gear, you got insane jealousy that will power you to outperform him out of spite.

Quote Originally Posted by Archimand View Post
    the main reason this mentality exist is because of 10/25, for 10 its a bonus, for 25 its bis.

which is wrong, now that they remove the whole 10/25 they should either remove tf/wf from normal/heroic or make sure 10-30 players have the same chance to get it.
    Nah, I actually think it still makes sense for WF/TF/etc to have a higher drop rate the more people you have. The whole point was to reward people who took the extra effort to run bigger raids, and that'll still be relevent in WoD with Flexi everything.

- - - Updated - - -

So on the 50th time when you don't get it what then? When the tier is over and it didn't drop what then?

TF/WF was a system put in place to encourage the dying 25M raid teams.

Week in and week out the same RNG for 40 weeks of SoO is retarded. It isnt that its just not BiS b/c it isnt HWF on the spot. Its the culminating weeks of never seeing the BiS drop.
    Stop hoping for that super rare BiS drop and content yourself with non-TF/WF.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by thedingleberry View Post
    I consider the whole TF/WF concept to be a bad attempt to elongate raiding tiers.
    A bad one**

Quote Originally Posted by thedingleberry View Post
    Raid tiers are going to take the same length regardless if you have bonuses on gear or not. People quit if they have absolute BiS everything. (even if their friends dont)
    The only people the concept hurts are the "BIS OR GTFO" people, which we need less off. Having a sub-optimal (Say it has Crit/Mastery instead of Crit/Haste) piece with 2/3 is better than waiting for a Crit/Haste with 0 or 1 out of 3. That means people will have to actually think about if the gear is good for them or not, as opposed to "Is it BiS? No? DE that shit"

The only way it can "elongate raiding tiers" is if you manage to prove that adding the TF/WF concept means they cannot release the next tier for an additional 3 months.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bahumut5
    I don't want to call Boubouille and wake her up for something like this.

10+ Year Old Account
    Keeps things more interesting in my POV. I can't wait to our first Xforged/socketed/tertaried item in WoD, the raid will collectively drool.

The only potential problem that I see is that while Xforged / bonus sockets are clear performance gains, tertiary stats are not as clear-cut. Having a raid full of people lucky enough to get movespeed/aoe reduction/lifesteal will still be nice for progression though even if your raids overall luck with forged/sockets is low.

Also, it's up to your raid/guild leader/officers to make sure that gear is distributed evenly. If one player keeps getting the warforged pieces than the other player can just get a prioritised piece of loot to make up the difference.

2) Crap

Yeah this is actually a good argument for it. I've been kinda on the fence on whether I like it or not, but that's just due to my normal "BiS or crap" mindset. This is also probably one of the reasons they are reducing the amount of "prepping" for your items before you can use them. They want you to be continually replacing items, whether you are a hardcore player or a casual. If every item still required 3-4 actions that cost gold to do, than getting a slightly better item can seem like a chore rather than a bonus.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0H3-N9zoI5c Amazing video of 60+ devilsaurs raiding Undercity!

My God, what a horrible creation. People seeing what they want? Thank God they tried to shy away from that. I know it pisses me off when I'm in an heroic raid, yet in the back of my head all I can think is 'some casual player is playing a heroic dungeon and not wiping.' -Vodkarn

A bad one**
    Just to put this back into perspective, the difference between HM and WF HM is 6 ilvls. Which is less than the value of item upgrades (8 ilvls). It's not a big fucking deal unless you're retardedly obsessed with having OMG BEE EYE ESS!!!111