Page 1 of 10
... LastLast

Patch 5.4.7 - New Shop Button, WoD PvP Toggle, Jan 29 Hotfixes, Blue Tweets, RoS CE

Explore the Resplendent Reaper of Souls Collector's Edition, Login Issues - 29/01, SammaeL89's Diablo III Art

Disenchant Adjustment Reminder, Ask the Devs, ManaCast #17 VoD

Patch 5.4.7 - New Shop Button
    Patch 5.4.7 adds a new shop button to the character selection screen, making the Level 90 Boost as the first character service that you can purchase in-game. Taepsilum responded to concerns of players upset over the addition of another shop button.

Originally Posted by Taepsilum (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
    I know that for those of you who are just not interested at all in the store, these changes might seem somewhat redundant or even a bit annoying. I get that, I really do.

But please understand that a lot of players do like to use the shop, and since this is a fairly new feature (the in-game version of the shop), we want to make sure that everyone is aware of its existence and that you don't actually have to tab out to a web browser to use it.

The buttons outside of the micro-menu exist mainly because the micro-menu is one of those parts of the interface that some addons and UI packs actually hide by default, and we want everyone to know about this new functionality.

I really don't think that this is being in any way obtrusive and/or preventing you from playing the game as you have been doing all along. Now, I do understand that some players might have some more philosophical reasons to dislike it, but I still think that some are just blowing this out of proportion. It's a small button that you can choose to use or to completely ignore, it's not a pop-up window that forces user-interaction with it.

Of course there is a fine line that we don't want to cross when it comes to the number and the positioning of any kind of button within the game, too few buttons or poorly positioned ones often leads to unused/unknown features, too many, and they can become redundant or annoying. I can see that some of you are of the opinion that anything over one button is already too much.

You can rest assured that we will forward all of your feedback to the proper channels, it's important to us that everyone knows about new functionalities but obviously we don't want to cause any discomfort to anyone while doing so.

Warlords of Draenor - PvP Toggle Changes
    It looks like players that don't enjoy PvP might be getting an upgraded version of the PvP toggle in Warlords of Draenor!
    Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
    This is very simple. PVP needs to be voluntary.
    Well, I understand where you're coming from, but flagging as a PvE character is based on a player's action to flag themselves (even if it's on accident), so I'm not sure it's us making you PvP. The systems that can cause someone to flag can absolutely at times be involuntary, which is notably frustrating.

In any case we are continuing toward a goal of a PvP on/off toggle for players on PvE realms to be added in Warlords of Draenor, which would absolutely and in all situations allow someone to refrain from becoming flagged regardless of their actions. Heals toward flagged players would fail, coalescing to PvP realms wouldn't be possible, misclicks and AoE's would never damage a flagged opponent, etc. It's actually quite a bit of work because of all the systems involved, but it's still something we think PvE players should have, and how the game should work for them.

Patch 5.4.2 Hotfixes: January 29
    Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
    Creatures
    • Resolved an issue that could cause Ordos to be stuck in evade. For targets that Ordos cannot reach, he will now summon them to him.

Quests
    • Family Tree: Resolved an issue where Pandaren characters were unable to see their ancestors after lighting the Incense Bundle.

Blue Tweets
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Classes
    doing dps less than a dps spec I assume. If you can tank and dps at 100% why being a regular dps?
    Yeah, Tank-specs should do less DPS than DPS-specs, so you don't just bring more Tanks. (Celestalon)
    But Vengeance makes sure that not all tanks do that much DPS right?
    Not in 6.0; Vengeance no longer affects DPS. (Celestalon)
    What is it changed to again? Threat?
    It's just the defensive side of what it does today. Will also do Threat if needed, but that's not likely. (Celestalon)
    I am lost as to what you mean by that, I guess I will have to wait and find out...
    Vengeance currently provides a buff that has both offensive and defensive value. We'll leave the def value, remove off value. (Celestalon)
    Does that mean tanks are going to end up less-fun? A lot of the fun of tanking recently has come from vengeance.
    Who can say if any specific change makes the game more or less fun for any given person. But no, it shouldn't. (Celestalon)
    You're most likely not having fun because of Vengeance->DPS; rather because you do good damage, and the def gameplay is fun. (Celestalon)
    Is the idea for Tanks to just more or less do (arbitrary number) 75% of the damage of a DPS all the time?
    Yes. (Celestalon)

Are you guys happy with the current DPS rankings? Casters completely dominating melees in pretty much every SoO encounter.
    Our data, and community data, heavily disagrees with that. Melee are more of a liability, which we hope to solve. (Celestalon)

OK, fair. When you and your crazy brain crew crunch data, do you do APM analyses? What does it mean to you guys in that context?
    We do (abilities per sec), though it's more of something to just 'keep in mind'; we don't really balance around it at all. (Celestalon)
    APS seems like a strange standard. Wouldn't most specs hover around 1?
    No, not at all. Most don't have a 1sec GCD; spamming something on every GCD is not something we want most to do (OK for some). (Celestalon)
    So WoD dev vision is that GCD locking is OK for some specs? Can you explain why you changed your minds on this?
    This isn't a change; we're OK with a few specs explicitly designed to be GCD locked. It's desired by some players. (Celestalon)
    There have been a few cases where we've decided that specs required too high of an APM (just in terms of raw button presses). (Celestalon)

Hunter (Forums / Skills / Talent Calculator)
    Do you have plans to address Hunter's secondary stats value? (like Warrior's haste)
    Those are not even remotely in the same ballpark. But yes, we want to raise their values. (Celestalon)

Paladin (Forums / Skills / Talent Calculator)
    You said we cannot switch in/out seal of faith while in combat. So could we still switch other seals in combat like SoT to SoJ?
    Yes. That's expected if you take the other talent which gives you seal-twisting gameplay. (Celestalon)
    So does the healing bonus stackable and dispelable?
    Talking about Faith again? Faith would stacks, and would not be able to be dispelled. (Celestalon)
    That sounds good. SRY one LAST question: Is there a cap stacks of Faith? IF YES, what number will it be?
    We'd likely need to have a cap, but not one that you're expected to hit in normal gameplay. (Celestalon)

Priest (Forums / Skills / Talent Calculator)
    Dedicated Holy Priests raiding heroic had a hard time the past years. Representation is down to 2-5%. Is this an issue to you?
    It's a potential issue that is heavily clouded by the Disc issue. (Celestalon)
    So you don't think it has anything to do with shortcomings with HPriest spec? Chakra reduces the usefullnes and lack of utility?
    I think that if you re-read my tweet, you'll see that I didn't say that at all. (Celestalon)
    Then what do you think HPriest shortcomings are?
    We aren't ready to announce specific changes, but the shortcomings of Chakra have been heavily discussed. (Celestalon)

Rogue (Forums / Skills / Talent Calculator)
    Did you ever consider Shuriken Toss to be some Rotation/playstyle changing talent like alot of hybrids have nowadays?
    Do you mean like if you take that talent, then you use that as your optimal rotation, even on Patchwerk? (Celestalon)

Shaman (Forums / Skills / Talent Calculator)
    was idly wondering what the odds are shamans can get a passive that makes 2H weapons competitive against DW. I miss the option.
    We have no plans to bring back 2H Enhancement, currently. Not 100% out of the question for the future, but not right now. (Celestalon)

Warlock (Forums / Skills / Talent Calculator)
    are you happy with results of Demo nerfs? Feel like it's struggling pve and pvp after imp damage and glyph nerf.uvls was enough
    The community things the Demo nerfs were way more crippling than they were. There are still Demo locks doing very very high DPS. (Celestalon)
    That's not to say that it hasn't ended up inferior to Affliction/Destruction in most situations; it has. But not underpowered. (Celestalon)

Reaper of Souls Collector's Edition
    Blizzard showed off the contents of the Reaper of Souls Collector's Edition today.

Last edited by chaud; 2014-01-30 at 07:09 AM.

9 months of no content except for shop buttons and shop mounts.

Quote Originally Posted by Shudder View Post
    9 months of no content except for shop buttons and shop mounts.
    And... this is different from the end of Wrath and the end of Cata.... how, precisely?

Quote Originally Posted by dramanutt29 View Post
    And... this is different from the end of Wrath and the end of Cata.... how, precisely?
    Oh I dunno, maybe 40% more staff? I don't know what game you were playing, my wrath and cata didn't have shop buttons as the only new content.

The fact that it's normal doesn't mean it's good

The end of Wrath and Cata didn't add a cash shop.

ill be honest I didn't even know there was a shop button till I read it on mmo champ.. bartender has it disabled for me and I had to actually look for it before I found it

Deleted
    heeeey Blizzard would you pls instal a Shop button near the toilet flush button just in case i want to buy something while i`m on the john.
    And pls don`t bother with new content or a pre-patch , well just raid SoO for a year and walk around pandaria in your new mounts

More people enjoyed Cata and Wrath endgame probably. Tis why you hear more whinge now then at the final patch of wrath and cata.

I wont be surprised either if they already give the go signal and start selling 90s before the expansion even comes out :3

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    So long story short on the shop buttons, "we like the money we make from people and could care less if a small amount of people are against our transition to a p2p game with full f2p shop features". I have never played a f2p game worth mentioning that shoves the shop in your face as much as blizz seems to want to lately. If they're just trying to hold out till the inevitable f2p and make as much money as they can before then, then that is their decision, it is not however a decision I will continue to support.

If they really cared about the people who didn't want to see the buttons then they should have had an option that hides them, not shove it down your throat on multiple screens that they don't even want addons to hide anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by ru aware brah View Post
    ill be honest I didn't even know there was a shop button till I read it on mmo champ.. bartender has it disabled for me and I had to actually look for it before I found it
    Don't worry. We're gonna get spammed for this pretty much in the months to come :P You will get used to it :P
    Integrity is doing the right thing, even when no one is watching.

Hmmm Veng Off is out in 6.0 this be interesting.. wonder if they will make tanks have a basic dps output.

10+ Year Old Account
    Have they actually put an intrusive shop icon in the game now (like when you're actually playing your character).
    So basically it's just as bad as a F2P game, yet you're already paying just to see it.
    Give it 6 months and it'll glow and pop up every time you log in for 'specials'.

10+ Year Old Account
    Whats with the whining about a stupid shop button? I don't get the WoW community at all.
    8700K (5GHz) - Z370 M5 - Mugen 5 - 16GB Tridentz 3200MHz - GTX 1070Ti Strix - NZXT S340E - Dell 24' 1440p (165Hz)

Quote Originally Posted by Kuthe View Post
    Have they actually put an intrusive shop icon in the game now (like when you're actually playing your character).
    So basically it's just as bad as a F2P game, yet you're already paying just to see it.
    Give it 6 months and it'll glow and pop up every time you log in for 'specials'.
    LOL totally true

Cause Wrath and Cata had so much more end game than MoP

Quote Originally Posted by Toffie View Post
    Whats with the whining about a stupid shop button? I don't get the WoW community at all.
    The people's problem is that Blizz is implementing pay to win features in a game that charges $15 a month to play already. The greedy douche bags are gouging those willing to buy from the shop, wasting time creating new shit for it. Making people wait without info on anything Warlords related, so people are getting agitated. Then they shove more shop features down people's throats. It wouldn't piss people off so much if they would just say they're going p2w. Albeit buying max level toons is not pay to win yet, they're getting awfully damn close now.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuthe View Post
    It's on the login screen, over by the menu and options buttons. The ingame one is down near your PvE/PvP queue buttons. It's like... not intrusive at all.

And IDK what game you guys were playing but there was ALL KINDS of whinging about LFR, Dragon Soul, Dragon Soul being the last raid and hocarp no raids after that, pets and mounts in the cash shop, ZOMG EFFING PANDAS WTF when the xpac was announced... all in all a lot more whinging about stupid crap than what's happening here.

Stood in the Fire Grimalkin of Old's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Endgame in Cata? Are we playing the same game?