Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Pencil View Post
    Whoever gets offended or outraged by this whole 'third button' shit needs to get a grip. I mean really.

It takes a better person to overlook this sort of thing than make a scene about it.
    Exactly, if people want to rant and rave over something look at the new Elder Scrolls Online Imperial Edition and see the cheeky thing Bethesda did. That is cash grabbing, this is just making something that you could have already done, besides the Lv90 thing, more streamlined and not needing to go all the way into Battle.net to get to it. Nearly every MMO does this now.

Deleted
    wow so many people getting butthurt about a button? someone needs to fix their lives T.T

Quote Originally Posted by ZwuckeL View Post
    wow so many people getting butthurt about a button? someone needs to fix their lives T.T
    This. I mean seriously, why get so worked up about something you don't even HAVE to interact with?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pencil View Post
    Whoever gets offended or outraged by this whole 'third button' shit needs to get a grip. I mean really.

It takes a better person to overlook this sort of thing than make a scene about it.
    as ive said before accepting the store and buttons is just gonna make more shit appear o nstore unti lsomething appears on it that you wanted in game and you will be like wish i had done something about it, blizzard fanboys at there finest

Quote Originally Posted by Zaqwert View Post
    Aren't you glad you're spending $15 a month to have access to the store?

You get to PAY money to be advertised to.

It's so fun.

In most games you pay money to remove annoying "GIVE US MONEY" prompts, in this game you pay a subscription to get bombarded with them.
    How strange that noone replied to you. Perhaps people don't like to reply to actual thought-out arguments.
    Your subscription does not pay for these mounts. It pays for your access to the game. These mounts are an optional cosmetic part that you can choose to buy. They affect your gameplay somewhere in the ballpark of none.
    So would you buy book, which had 20+ pages being torn away and sold for additional money? You know, you payed only for access to the book. Or maybe you would buy some film, where several most thrilling episodes would be sold for additional $? Maybe you'd buy it, but others don't want to live in such world. People don't want to live in a world, where if they want to drink, they need to buy access to water first, and then actual water.

ActiBlizzard hopes to prosper on people like those who would buy such books and films. Those people don't understand that they support dirty future for the game and support bad example in game industry.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tolkien View Post
    I'd say it takes a better person someone who is capable of critically thinking about changes that happen around them than one who ignores everything and sits idle sucking their thumb.

Active > Reactive > Passive.

Even if you end up wrong, at least you gave a shit.
    So true, in other contexts.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by warcraftmew View Post
    as ive said before accepting the store and buttons is just gonna make more shit appear o nstore unti lsomething appears on it that you wanted in game and you will be like wish i had done something about it, blizzard fanboys at there finest
    Blizzard fanboy? I quit WoW like a month ago.

I'm just not a monumental idiot.

Quote Originally Posted by Tolkien View Post
    Not Blizzard. That's the whole deal. The goal of the company seems to have shifted (not completely, mind you, just a bit - most people just fear where it could go from here), from "good gameplay and lore" to "giving players more cash shop options" without much reason other than "a lot of people really want this, because a lot people purchased these in the past" - well guess what, that's not a good enough reason.

Players want their class to be better than the other classes.
    Players want to win at everything they do and go everywhere without any effort.
    Players want to beat other at pvp 100% of the time.

Sell the MoP challenge mode sets in the cash shop after WoD comes out and you will clearly conclude that people wanted it really bad.
    That is not a reason to implement these changes and you and I know it, they know it, everyone in this thread knows it.

Some just simply choose to dance around the subject or ignore the fact that this is driven by greed and greed alone.
    the problem is this entitled generation, and in WoW there seems to be a lot from them. and blizzard only sees cash in these peoples eyes.
    Last edited by Elian; 2014-01-30 at 05:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferocity View Post
    How strange that noone replied to you. Perhaps people don't like to reply to actual thought-out arguments.

So would you buy book, which had 20+ pages being torn away and sold for additional money? You know, you payed only for access to the book. Or maybe you would buy some film, where several most thrilling episodes would be sold for additional $? Maybe you'd buy it, but others don't want to live in such world. People don't want to live in a world, where if they want to drink, they need to buy access to water first, and then actual water.

ActiBlizzard hopes to prosper on people like those who would buy such books and films. Those people don't understand that they support dirty future for the game and support bad example in game industry.
    Then cancel your account and make a point to not pay them anymore?

I mean the answer is incredibly clear to people, but they won't do it. The only way a company listens if you actually do something that effects their pockets, boycott products, stop subscribing, etc. But will you? Will anyone? Or do they need their "wow fix" more then "making their point". Let alone arguing on a forum that Blizzard employees, more then likely, don't even look at.

As I said with the whole money thing, it reminds me of Mass Effect 3, they did something after a huge outcry of the fan base. Many canceled subscriptions to SWTOR, outright stopped buying their products, or even stopped playing their games. While I don't compare the issue as serious as what happened with Mass Effect, I do feel that if you want to make a point, do something about it, instead of ranting and raving like someone talking about politics, but never doing anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Vultahna View Post
    This. I mean seriously, why get so worked up about something you don't even HAVE to interact with?
    Just look at the general forums. Almost every thread is a complaint about something trivial and unimportant. All races shouldn't have access to all classes! Remove LFR! Remove boosting! The legendary sucks! "The 5 worst decisions ever" (lol) People really need lives and, based on these threads, reasoning skills...the amount of fallacies and lies on here is staggering, with my favorite being a textbook appeal to ignorance fallacy of "he doesn't have to prove he's right, you have to prove him wrong."

And like anyone truly believes a single player has quit the game because of this button. "The idea of purchasing mounts is so revolting that I'm totally done, and it's not because I've played the game for the past 8 years, have done all that I can do in it, can't join a heroic raid guild or do competitive PvP and am stuck on the Timeless Isle getting ganked, no, it's because I'm taking a principled stance."

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ferocity View Post

If those 20 pages were something that is completely optional and has no effect on enjoying the rest of the book. I wouldn't have any issue with it. Just like I don't have any issue with wow's store.
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.

At first I thought they would excuse the new one with technical reasons becuse of the lvl 90 char upgrade. I could have accepted that. But after their blue post in which they essentially admitted it is just product placement, because custom ui does not support it. Yeah .. just money grabbing on their part. I better get used to this and hope they won't fuck up WoW like they did with the initial release of diablo 3 because of their greed.

I'll note that there are 2 ways to open the menu to get listed for ordos/celestial/flex/raids but no one knew there were there so it wasn't really used since no one was using it. It wasn't until Blizz made it more findable (where you queue up for lfr and scenarios) and had a loud campaign to get people using the buttons did people actually start using it, its amazing for celestials and ordos. There are still people on my server trying to get groups around because they don't know about the button though. A button that no one knows about is an unused button.

As Blizzard says, you are not forced to push a button to get rid of that button to log on, you can take a chill pill.

Milk the cow before it dries out !

Deleted
    They add a button to a screen that takes up 0.00000001% of your WoW time. And, you know, you don't have to click it...

Quote Originally Posted by quikbunny View Post
    They add a button to a screen that takes up 0.00000001% of your WoW time. And, you know, you don't have to click it...
    Some people would prefer not being forced to acknowledge its existence in the first place. Its called principles. Was obvious Blizzard would find a way around people getting rid of it with custom UIs though.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zergal View Post
    Was obvious Blizzard would find a way around people getting rid of it with custom UIs though.
    Of course they did. It's not like you'd need to be very creative in order to do so.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zergal View Post
    Some people would prefer not being forced to acknowledge its existence in the first place. Its called principles.
    Actually that's the opposite of principles. If you are really opposed to the store in the way that you state, you would instantly quit the game and these forums. Unless by 'principles' you actually mean: another thing to complain about, scapegoat, etc.
    BAD WOLF

Quote Originally Posted by Kelimbror View Post
    Actually that's the opposite of principles. If you are really opposed to the store in the way that you state, you would instantly quit the game and these forums. Unless by 'principles' you actually mean: another thing to complain about, scapegoat, etc.
    That's bs and you know it. Having principles does not mean you just quit. If your country does one stupid thing you don't just quit your country and move to another. That's not how it works. One of the first reactions is boykott and pointing out you dislike the feature and/or activly campaigning against it. If all that fails and the situation gets worse you abandon ship.

Blizzard wants to make sure that everyone is aware of its existence, and that's why they have so many buttons.

Because, you know, it's been a pretty obscure update.

I do enjoy Blizzard's facade, though. I mean, it's glaringly obvious that they want to shove it down our throats. Watching them struggle to make excuses does give me some (albeit very little) pleasure.

Oh well, can't really single out only Blizzard. Most games that have a cash shop have like 20 different ways to access it.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    That's bs and you know it. Having principles does not mean you just quit. If your country does one stupid thing you don't just quit your country and move to another. That's not how it works. One of the first reactions is boykott and pointing out you dislike the feature and/or activly campaigning against it. If all that fails and the situation gets worse you abandon ship.
    Because national governments and a game you choose to play are so similar right? Oh...they're not remotely related you say? Apples to Rhinos you say? Ok...given that what you have said is completely irrelevant, let's take your own words and apply them to this situation. Your first reaction is to boycott. You know how that manifests in WoW? You cancel your sub and stop playing. Continuing to play while complaining about being 'forced' to acknowledge something because of your 'principles' is the OPPOSITE of what you have said.

It's essentially saying something is evil, but it's ok if you don't know about it. Despite internet belief, principles =/= hypocrisy.
    BAD WOLF