Unhappy feral pvp question "how important is expertise in pvp?"

im new to feral, well, lets say melee class pvp. I mained a Hpal since early Cata and recently i kind of feel like a change, so i became a feral and love it soooo much. According to noxxic or some feral pvp thread, basically they all say something like this : Melee Hit (3%) > Agility > Mastery > Crit > Expertise (3%+) > Haste, however, when i pvp and look at my recount, some of my important spells have been parried a lot (something like maim, mighty bash, etc).
    so im confuse, am i doing it wrong and its a l2p problem for me? I understand i need to try to get behind the target, but i believe every opponent would try to stop u from doing that.

plz give me some advice and thank you

Deleted
    You need 3% hit and 3% exp so your spells don't miss and your attacks don't ged dodged by healers and clothies. Some skills will still get parried and dodged by rogues/warrs/monks. So if you're gonna use mighty bash f.e. make sure you're from behind or the target is cced in some other way.

Just the current state of the game, parry and dodge are absurd atm i've gotten energy capped from having just enough for a RiP spamming RiP every global just to get it parried every time and finally having to savage roar.

Not sure about ferals as much but since they are melee as well I would assume its important, but my warrior runs with 12% at least. Thats mostly being that crit is our only useful secondary stat since haste/mastery blow but look, my dk has 23% parry chance, so if you are going to be on him or even worse, a ww monk, you are going to lose alot of dps/abilities due to avoidance. I dont know how important secondary stats are to ferals but its definetly something worth investing imo in since theres a warrior on every team, unless you are just never going to target the warrior.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gandrake View Post
    I like how when people complain about getting killed by kill shot which can have a 43 yard range, no resource cost, and can be used again if it doesn't kill and everyone says WELL, HEY, YOU KNOW, IT IS CALLED KILL SHOT
    but when a warrior does it, clearly the ability's name is "useless wet noodle piece of shit strike with an exorbitant rage cost that should do the same damage as MS"

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hand Banana View Post
    Not sure about ferals as much but since they are melee as well I would assume its important, but my warrior runs with 12% at least. Thats mostly being that crit is our only useful secondary stat since haste/mastery blow but look, my dk has 23% parry chance, so if you are going to be on him or even worse, a ww monk, you are going to lose alot of dps/abilities due to avoidance. I dont know how important secondary stats are to ferals but its definetly something worth investing imo in since theres a warrior on every team, unless you are just never going to target the warrior.
    12% expertise? You've got to be kidding me, 3% is softcap and 6% hardcap..

The reason expertise is so low in comparison to other melee specs is because if your spells are parried/dodged, the energy is refunded or the combo points aren't spent (maim being an exception). So, if your mangle gets dodged, your energy is refunded and you simply cast it again. If your rip gets dodged, the combo points aren't spent and you simply cast it again.

If you compare this to a Monk or Shaman, who's main DPS rotation is based on low CD spells like Rising Sun Kick or Stormstrike - when they get parried or dodged they lose a major chunk of their damage over a 5-10s period. If this happens 2-3 times in a row you could lose massive pressure and may even lose a game. If you've got CDs popped and your spells get parried it's an even larger loss.

For Feral, when you pop your biggest damage CD (Incarnation) your Ravage can't even be dodged or parried because it attacks from behind (It's actually a good way to do damage to Rogues with Evasion up and Warriors with die by the sword up btw).

Overall, Expertise is reeaaally low priority, because the only spells you can get parried are Maim and Bash. There's very few comps where you take Bash for Feral (Junglecleave, Feral/SP, Feral/Lock maybe), and Disorienting Roar can't be parried/dodged... which leaves maim being really the only spell that a lot of Ferals can have parried or dodged and can't be recast. This begs the question, 'is it worth losing mastery which will give me constant damage to reduce the chance to be dodged on 1 of my spells slightly?', the answer is almost always no, especially since Feral damage isn't exactly great this season.

Quote Originally Posted by Rekuda View Post
    12% expertise? You've got to be kidding me, 3% is softcap and 6% hardcap..
    We are talking pvp here, the only "hardcap" is a fully geared/gemmed unholy dk (35% more str), which is like 24% parry chance. When your trying to burst someone on a warrior and they parry your CS then your MS you might as well just cut off like 50% of your burst attempt. Shit happens all the time.

Snuggli has it right I forgot energy/CP gets refunded when you get parried. Much lower prio for ferals.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gandrake View Post
    I like how when people complain about getting killed by kill shot which can have a 43 yard range, no resource cost, and can be used again if it doesn't kill and everyone says WELL, HEY, YOU KNOW, IT IS CALLED KILL SHOT
    but when a warrior does it, clearly the ability's name is "useless wet noodle piece of shit strike with an exorbitant rage cost that should do the same damage as MS"