Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    well from what i know cata and MoP world first didn't take that long. i on my server some1 got it at around 8 a clock in the morning i think. so it took him 8 hour max. gaming for 8 hours straight once in a while isn't as bad as people make out of it. just make sure you have a stockpile of food and your good to go.

10+ Year Old Account
    I feel they're outdated. WoD is a good time to finally let them retire.

Ahead of the Curve! FoS are the ideal way to go.
    Quote Originally Posted by A Chozo View Post
    Humans Paladins don't have "a lot of lore" behind them.

10+ Year Old Account
    It would be nice, but not "realm first", maybe awarded to the first 20 or something on the realm, maybe even a variable number depending on the server's character population over the last expansion's maximum level characters on unique accounts.
    Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings.
    To resist the influence of others, knowledge of oneself is most important.

10+ Year Old Account
    Someone here told that it takes huge amounts of time to get realm first lvl80... Well sorry pal, but no it didnt. First ones got it in 24hours, and after that like 36 hours.. Something like that, witch bay the way is not THAT much for grown up person! As when it comes to professions - it was just matter of few hours... in some cases (first aid etc.) it was minutes, all you needed was gold.

I wouldn't care that much either way, I can understand why they were removed though. I think Blizzard are OK with people grinding until they almost die IRL just to be the first, but I also think that they wish to avoid encouraging that behaviour.

The feats of strength format during Pandaria was by far the best way to handle the Realm First kind of deal..... I dislike the max level/profession ones because they encourage dumb shits to rush to max level and then bitch about being bored, or sick.

The hypocrisy from casuals in this thread is staggering. Every thread they come in saying that how someone plays shouldn't affect you. Take your own advice.

It's a shame they're gone. It's a shame a lot of things that were epic in the past are gone.

No, they invoke bad gaming habits. Rewarding people for not taking care of their bodies by staying awake for long periods of time, and not stepping away from their machines. No ty

Deleted
    I like them, simply coz they're unique in some sense.

I really wish they would add these kinds of titles..

Deleted
    People want rewards for doing little work. they will complain if you put something in game they didnt have time to reach during their common game play, why else do you think only 1 boss in MoP has 100% drop chance on a mount.

I'd support it as I enjoy the rage of people who tried and failed.

Deleted
    Don't destroy this OP.

People have been trying for a long time to make the word ''Snowflake'' bad. They are trying to casualize the game as much as possible.

Deleted
    I never had a problem with them.

10+ Year Old Account
    seems pointless

I thought we were moving away from the concept of stuff that nobody gets?

Quote Originally Posted by Eiserne Drossel View Post
    People have been trying for a long time to make the word ''Snowflake'' bad. They are trying to casualize the game as much as possible.
    People not knowing what the word casual actually is never gets old.
    Pray do tell how a title that practically nobody gets is actually healthy for the game? Over grind based titles 1% of the population only still gets when implemented in ways like Shado-Master?

Quote Originally Posted by Amerrol View Post
    The hypocrisy from casuals in this thread is staggering. Every thread they come in saying that how someone plays shouldn't affect you. Take your own advice.

It's a shame they're gone. It's a shame a lot of things that were epic in the past are gone.
    Being 100% unable to ever get something effects me. Sorry.

It's a shame people can't apply this effort to their real lives.

I think realm firsts may be a bit too exclusive and like others have said it kind of rewards unhealthy playing habits.

I would however 100% approve of Titles rewarded from the cutting edge FoS that we get with each tier. It's along the same lines as 100% drop mounts being changed to low drop chance when the raid is made trivial.

Yes, I think competition is the most fun part of any game and I play WoW to have fun.. One of the best times I had in WoW was racing multiple other people to Realm First 90 and I really hope I can compete again.

Deleted
    I wouldn't support it mainly because the competition is based around people's real life. If someone is unemployed and has a lot of free time, or someone who can take a week off work, it'll always be those people that win it. It would be something else if it was actually who levelled the fastest as in /played time, but there's enough ways to cheese that to make an invalid competition..

@Kra;

I actually really like the idea of Cutting Edge titles.
    To me titles have always been the thing that shows how good a player is. They're not flashy nor collectable like mounts and pets but they have an impact.
    I still want The Undying but it's not really game breaking to me that I can't ever obtain it.

Absolutely fantastic idea!

Realm First Level 90 should be something like: Name, The Unemployed