Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Majority of guilds on my server falling apart now - anyone else?

So as the title says the last couple months have been pretty brutal for my realm. It's a fairly casual realm that hasn't cleared heroic yet, but at this rate might not at all.

Guilds have been disbanding, reorganizing, merging, etc. left and right. 25 man guilds dropping to 10 even though mythic is within sight. A slowly decaying realm seems to be making it's last splutters as progress comes to a standstill and has been for 3~ months now.

Anyone else have similar experiences? It's very reminiscent of late cataclysm to me. I am curious as to whether other realms are feeling the pinch, too.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

Can't speak for the realm itself, usually shows medium pop on the realm list, but my guild has been really active lately, and I wouldnt call ourselves a "huge" guild but its nothing for at least 15-20 people to be on.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's not that bad, we have some guilds shifting from 10 to 25 man in preparation for WoD and others breaking apart from 25 to 10 with lower activity since it's the end of the expac. I'm loving it, we have 2 10 man teams that just recently started heroic progression and we're climbing up the ranks very fast since most of the guilds ahead of us are either stuck, breaking apart or reshuffling. Fun to see us rank up there as total casuals.

But yeah, expect it to get way, way worse - end of the expansion always sees the most stable guilds rise to the top and the rest disintegrate. Then at expac release you get 50 guilds that suddenly spring up like weeds and that wither and die after a few months.

Deleted
    My alts realm is slowly dying in the raiding scene horde side. It's an RP realm so we didn't have much progress anyway but the top four guilds have either migrated or merged these past months. It's sad to see but not much can be done about it as it's on a full server that usually got queues.

And that folks is why you don't roll on an RP server if you want to do serious raiding! c:

This is not uncommon at the end of an expansion, I suspect many leave whilst they wait for next expansion since there's no advantage to be gained from carrying on playing at this point.
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

I see both guild failures, and guilds transferring off the server. Progression has also mostly ground to a halt.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ryme View Post
    This is not uncommon at the end of an expansion,
    But we're far from the end of the expansion. This is going to be brutal.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Deleted
    Late expansion with at the very least a couple of months before WoD is here - yeah, guilds will start to fall apart.

A lot of people stop playing now to get back into the groove for WoD release. Me and my entire guild is doing this, deliberately staying away from the ga,e to build hype, excitement and keep WoW as a game fresh. That way, we'll get back into WoW at the last couple of weeks, take care of the ringrust and then be ready to hit WoD.

This isn't uncommon. You could try relocating to a larger server, though be ready to face the long queues at WoD release

To clarify, I've seen the normal expansion tail off every time (not vanilla, as I was too newbie and not max level or anything to understand the goings on around me). The "new guilds popping up like weeds" has been happening for months, because there's very little left for the realm to go on. In Wotlk about 20 guilds survived into cata launch, then in cata about 15 of 20 survived into mop launch. now we have approx 2 of those guilds left raiding, lots of new guilds popping up - mythic is almost out of the question for all but those 2 guilds.

I guess it's just my server, from the responses - but it's a lot worse than the usual end of expansion curve and we're only 4 months into the patch
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raiju View Post
    To clarify, I've seen the normal expansion tail off every time (not vanilla, as I was too newbie and not max level or anything to understand the goings on around me). The "new guilds popping up like weeds" has been happening for months, because there's very little left for the realm to go on. In Wotlk about 20 guilds survived into cata launch, then in cata about 15 of 20 survived into mop launch. now we have approx 2 of those guilds left raiding, lots of new guilds popping up - mythic is almost out of the question for all but those 2 guilds.

I guess it's just my server, from the responses - but it's a lot worse than the usual end of expansion curve and we're only 4 months into the patch
    Wait for the realm connections to all go through, things will look dramatically different.

As for Mythic - my guild will go for it, and I believe we have at least 4-5 other guilds on the realm currently that will go for it. My guild will not be in any form of progress race though, but we'll eventually get there.

I wouldn't say it's worse than it has been in the past - heck in DS it was a nightmare, guilds started crumbling right after heroic got cleared on the realm since everyone hated that raid. SoO is rather popular and a pretty fun raid, it's been keeping us pretty entertained and active.

Quote Originally Posted by miffy23 View Post
    I wouldn't say it's worse than it has been in the past - heck in DS it was a nightmare, guilds started crumbling right after heroic got cleared on the realm since everyone hated that raid. SoO is rather popular and a pretty fun raid, it's been keeping us pretty entertained and active.

for now for sure - but its only what 20th reset of SoO ? 5 months is not a lot - in next couple of months many many guilds will stop raiding due to people taking break from game - people can say whatever they want about zone wide nerfs in raid - but exept for top 1000 of raiding guilds all other were welcominbg those nerfs with open arms - it was giving them incentive to stay subbe caue they knew that even if they cant overcome this 1-2 bosses this month if they stay subbed and next 5 % nerf will hit htey have real chance to kill it - now most of them ha hit the walls in Hc and will stay there for months untill some "targeted" nerfs will happed - which doesnt speak well to players - many people are loosing hope that those nerfs will jump in anytime soon , there is no clue when beta of WoD will be out not even speaking about actual WoD so they have nothign which will keep them subbed - after 5 months they are bored liek hell with raiding on alts and mains.

now is happenign what interested me so much - how big impact on the riaidng population will have this new blizzard policy of no zone nerfs.
    im actually looking forward to next couple of months to see if/how raiding population will react to this policy. not the very vocal here on mmochapion top 1k-2k but all other what 16k guilds which dive in a bit in hc raiding. it geniuinly interest me who iwll be right if the top 1k who says how people want chalenge or the top 20k who will take a break till WoD - time will tell.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    for now for sure - but its only what 20th reset of SoO ? 5 months is not a lot - in next couple of months many many guilds will stop raiding due to people taking break from game - people can say whatever they want about zone wide nerfs in raid - but exept for top 1000 of raiding guilds all other were welcominbg those nerfs with open arms - it was giving them incentive to stay subbe caue they knew that even if they cant overcome this 1-2 bosses this month if they stay subbed and next 5 % nerf will hit htey have real chance to kill it - now most of them ha hit the walls in Hc and will stay there for months untill some "targeted" nerfs will happed - which doesnt speak well to players - many people are loosing hope that those nerfs will jump in anytime soon , there is no clue when beta of WoD will be out not even speaking about actual WoD so they have nothign which will keep them subbed - after 5 months they are bored liek hell with raiding on alts and mains.

now is happenign what interested me so much - how big impact on the riaidng population will have this new blizzard policy of no zone nerfs.
    im actually looking forward to next couple of months to see if/how raiding population will react to this policy. not the very vocal here on mmochapion top 1k-2k but all other what 16k guilds which dive in a bit in hc raiding. it geniuinly interest me who iwll be right if the top 1k who says how people want chalenge or the top 20k who will take a break till WoD - time will tell.
    I can only speak for myself and my little 10 man team, but we are looking forward to doing the fights unnerfed as much as possible. We don'T really care that were so far behind, we are on a very light schedule. We just started heroic progress and are at 5/14 now, so we haven't even gotten to any challenging fights yet, but we're definitely motivated to keep doing this for months. I guess it's because we weren't raiding 3-4 days a week on release, we have 2 3 hour raids a week at most.

Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    But we're far from the end of the expansion. This is going to be brutal.
    We're at the end now, the last major content patch has shipped and has been out for months.
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryme View Post
    We're at the end now, the last major content patch has shipped and has been out for months.
    Idd, it's been the end of the expansion since before Christmas. Nothing more is coming, and you can feel that in guilds that aren't a great community or are motivated to progress something.

10+ Year Old Account
    My main server has been dead for most of the expansion. Actually since about halfway through cata. I have no idea how it's doing now but my other server (a much larger one) is still doing ok, although a few guilds have died in the last couple of weeks.

10+ Year Old Account
    My server is pretty much dead, alas. Waiting to see how connected realms will or will not help.
    MMO player
    WoW: 2006-2020 || EvE: 2013-2020 // 2023- || FFXIV: 2020- || Lost Ark: 2022-

My realm's been pretty steady through SoO if I had to say. Granted its not that active - only 7 10m teams Horde side are raiding, of which only 3 are doing Heroics. But guilds are still progressing. My guild has grown a lot going from 10m to having 2 10m teams just in the last few months. We're hoping to nab up a few more players for WoD and hopefully get in some 25m HM SoO to mix it up before WoD. We have a server merge coming which might help a bit but honestly we'll still be a fairly inactive realm. It won't stop us from doing Mythic though, I still feel that if you try and lead a guild well you can make it happen on most servers.

10+ Year Old Account
    My realm is pretty steady. A guild just got r1 h 10m garrosh 2 days ago i think. there are a ton of 25man guilds forming being 6+ h
    Chaos! Madness! Like a hug for your brain!¯\(°_o)/¯
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpheus View Post
    People doing below 200k dps? Ain't nobody got time for that.
    Quote Originally Posted by smartazjb0y View Post
    Why? Why should content be gated behind skill?
    14/14h and finally done

Deleted
    It was beginning to happen on my server, but it seems that the server connections saved quite a few guilds(including my own).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Redpanda View Post
    My realm is pretty steady. A guild just got r1 h 10m garrosh 2 days ago i think. there are a ton of 25man guilds forming being 6+ h
    Well 6/14 means> not that amazing > And likely those guilds are having the gear but not the players.
    In general what i saw is that those semi-guilds are the ones that falls with every patch.. So yes plenty of 25-man=would likely be at 10/14 hc for 3/4 months seeying the difficulty of the 12/13 hc~bosses> Meaning that Fall apart>

Anyway yes there is likely a slow fall on raiding guilds right now due that ...4x Difficulties> With annoying difficulty scale to Siegecrafter/Paragons.

Went through this a few years back on The Venture Co RPPvP (EU). It used to be quite a big server, with names such as Ye Olde Goone Squade (YogsCast Crew), Redrum Inc and others. It came to a terrible end, and is now totally empty.

Now, I'm on Twisting Nether (EU) and loving it.