Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Don't see an issue with them at all, however, the playerbase has a deep resent of anyone who wants to distinguish themselves by doing something better or faster than others.
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

Weren't those titles removed because of large-scale bullshitting that guilds did to get them? I remember endless QQ about guilds transferring to low population to get the titles and leaving.

If it was obtainable within the first 24 hours of the first person gaining, it be in support of it. I missed realm first DK by 30minutes, it has shamed me and brought dishonor to me.

But overall im in support of it, theres people who want to walk through the quests and smell the roses, and those that just want to hit that finish line asap.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    "Hey, sorry you disconnected before our Realm First kill of Garrosh HC and we had to replace you, so you didn't get title. Yeah, I know you were present for 95% of pulls and it was only those last three, but the title is one time only. Sucks, doesn't it?"

I'm sure it would be lovely to see such situation again. Or something more likely - you "need" Class X to kill boss Y in reasonable fashion. Sorry man, we have to bench you for this one. Yeah, you killed all previous bosses, but your class simply doesn't work here.

So I started to read some of these but quickly decided reading the rest were pointless. Is it just me or had the MMO-C site going downhill in the quality of it's posters?

Why is everyone opposed to working for things, or having competition? Like seriously, if not everyone can obtain an item, achievement, mount, or title; it's automatically tossed into the "not fair/take it out" pile. It's sickening, and makes me wonder if you guys get so upset over "a game" (I said it like that, because that's your excuse for anything that takes time and effort), then how the hell do you guys act in real life where things actually matter?

OT: I'm all for the titles, mainly because I know I'm be the one earning them because I can and will put forth effort to achieve something not meant for the masses.

Edit: My post radiates with the comments that follow this post
    Last edited by Emaias; 2014-01-31 at 01:35 PM.

No, those titles were too awesome to give out to a handful of people, and it encouraged unhealthy behavior. I'd much rather they be handed out through questlines.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Anzen View Post
    Absolutely fantastic idea!

Realm First Level 90 should be something like: Name, The Unemployed
    People like you are abhorrent.
    "Oh jeez, someone in a game is better than me/puts more time into it! Gotta bring out the I'M BETTER AT REAL LIFE card!"

Why?

When I went for realm first 90 I had to give up and go to bed to get some rest for a job interview in the morning

Now I have a job I can take the release week off and no-life my heart out
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

Deleted
    Because going on vacation for one day or taking off from Uni means that you are unemployed. Suuuure.

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

Oh what the fuck way to generalize people the hell =/

I support realm first heroic kill titles. but leveling titles is just rediculus due to the 100s of ways one can exploit to get faster exp..

I think the realm first achievement needs to be redone, I'd prefer to see it altered slightly to something like Realm First to hit 100 within 2 weeks type thing... Some people spend unhealthy time trying to do that stuff as is or you know, us normal people that have jobs that could never realistically do it.

10+ Year Old Account
    No way.

If I tried for a realm first and missed it by minutes. I actually for first max enchanting... 3 weeks into xpac and was met with several "lol really? No one had that yet?"

10+ Year Old Account
    I loved these realm first ach's popping up back in wrath. Seeing a 25man Realm first Ulduar and all their names pop up in chat for everyone on the realm to see. Was awesome.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lukyl View Post
    I loved these realm first ach's popping up back in wrath. Seeing a 25man Realm first Ulduar and all their names pop up in chat for everyone on the realm to see. Was awesome.
    They still do? Except today, you're not screwed if you weren't present at the first kill for some reason and lost that title forever.

Quote Originally Posted by Schwert View Post
    I thought we were moving away from the concept of stuff that nobody gets?
    I'm fine with that concept so long as it's stuff that is just cosmetic in nature. I don't mind not having my Death's Demise title having started after WotLK (and thus having zero chance). I don't mind not having an Onyxian Whelpling. I do mind that I see scrubs with "the Fearless" which I put in a lot of effort to get Cutting Edge. I do mind that the Anniversaries I was here for, I got shit for anything.

The one thing I dislike about it being tied to Realm First! instead of a flat timer/cutoff like AotC or Cutting Edge is that your title depends on not just how good you are, but how shitty your realm-mates are. I'd rather compete against people on my realm for fun than have it be a non-constructive "bitter" race or plan in advance (possibly even conferring with other high-end guilds) on which shit realms we can take the title from.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Schwert View Post
    I actually really like the idea of Cutting Edge titles. To me titles have always been the thing that shows how good a player is. They're not flashy nor collectable like mounts and pets but they have an impact. I still want The Undying but it's not really game breaking to me that I can't ever obtain it.
    Basically 100% agreed here. Among other things, putting a mount/pet at 1% not only gives after-current-content players a chance to get a cool cosmetic item (versus title) that actually took effort to make and can be "shown" but it also gives people incentive to go back to past content for fun. Titles/Achievements even those still obtainable, people do it once then never touch the raid again.

I can never get Death's Demise and I got my Cataclysm-obtained (having started there) The Light of Meaningless title, but I still have fun re-clearing every week for a shot at the mounts.

Deleted
    dunno seems like a pointless title to me, getting realm first isn't really an achievement, it just means you sat at your computer for a longer time than others and levelled up, not exactly challenging to do it.

Why do people say normal people? I'm in the Military, and I still raid at a fairly high level, not as much as I used to but still within the top 10%. Does that mean I'm not normal or have a time demanding job? Or does it mean that I show dedication to a game I enjoy?

People seem to have a weird concept that just because you are great at this simple game, and put in more time then the majority that you are a no life.

Title for leveling fast? Nah. Titles like Death's Demise, Grand Crusader, Celestial Defender, associated with realm first raid kills? Sure. Hell, from a business standpoint, I don't see why Blizz wouldn't do this, because some guild somewhere would be crazy enough to transfer to some dead rock of a server just to grab such titles.

Blizzard don't like Realm-first levelling titles because they encourage players to rush though the game too quickly.

Realm-first raid titles are also not popular with Blizzard because they tend to all be claimed by the same guilds.