Page 1 of 13
... LastLast

So what do you guys think about them removing stun on Warrior's Charge?

Warrior (Forums, Talent Calculator)
    Charge Charge to an enemy, stunning rooting it for 1.5 sec. Generates 20 Rage. 8-25 yd range. Instant. 20 sec cooldown.

This is a huge change they gonna try it out, what are your thoughts?

https://twitter.com/holinka

Additional information: Warbringer is now a 3sec stun. While Double Time and Juggernaut are roots.

15+ Year Old Account
    I have to know which drs they are on before I make my decision.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

10+ Year Old Account
    Quite frankly I'm pissed and I don't even play a warrior.
    That stunning effect has been something so trademarked for them since vanilla, and now its been nerfed and replaced into a level 15 talent. -.-

All it will mean, is Juggernaut & Double Time talents have serious competition rather then a basic rooting effect, it will be to get your charge back to the way it was.
    Quote Originally Posted by Naphta
    The tank is the driver, healer is the fuel. And the DPS are the kids sitting in the back crying about if they're there yet. And this is coming from a DPS.

As annoying as i find warriors right now, the stun charge was like their iconic ability.

They're going from 100 stuns to 99? The horror.

Well, Charge itself is iconic, and they haven't removed it. The only thing that has changed was the CC effect upon reaching the target. Now question is why blizzard thought charge having stun effect were so powerfull that they decided to make it into a root.

Could this be a PvP nerf, where others can at least use defensive cooldowns? (Not all classes / speccs has the cooldown to use while under the effect of stun).

This is intresting direction indeed, and I would love to hear their reasoning behind this.

Good change. One less stun/interrupt every 12 seconds for warriors that didn't DR with anything.

10+ Year Old Account
    BatteredRose I don't know why you mistake 3 for 100, but you might want to work on that. Counting is a skill that comes in handy in life.
    "Gamer" is not a bad word. I identify as a gamer. When calling out those who persecute and harass, the word you're looking for is "asshole." @_DonAdams
    When you see someone in a thread making the same canned responses over and over, click their name, click view forum posts, and see if they are a troll. Then don't feed them.

I'm actually with your guys on this one (well at least the marjority that has replied so far).

That lil stun on charge its a lot of what a warrior is and have been since forever, iconic thing. Not sure this is the right move.

Herald of the Titans Deathgoose's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Would rather the stun be replaced with an interrupt, since the charge effect can be used in PvE as well to stop a distant mob mid-cast. Rooting them won't be the same. But, meh, oh well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Remember back in Cata when they tried a similar idiocy of making charge stun DR so everyone went with the 3s Stun on Warbringer. Every warrior will spec Warbringer, you'd have to, roots dont work, too many freedom effects in game to stay on a target. Which I am sure all you caster players are hoping for, but instead of getting rooted you will get hit with a 3s stun then reck stormed on. That is your future. Better get some vaseline.
    "Gamer" is not a bad word. I identify as a gamer. When calling out those who persecute and harass, the word you're looking for is "asshole." @_DonAdams
    When you see someone in a thread making the same canned responses over and over, click their name, click view forum posts, and see if they are a troll. Then don't feed them.

Quote Originally Posted by Deathgoose View Post
    Would rather the stun be replaced with an interrupt, since the charge effect can be used in PvE as well to stop a distant mob mid-cast. Rooting them won't be the same. But, meh, oh well.
    Yeah, root plus interrupt would be fine. But root alone, not sure about that one. Interrupting casts is the best thing about charge.

Well yes thats the big thing here. The interrupt on charge is a lot of the warrior gameplay, this is a huge deal.

That's the problem. Charge stun was always intended to make sure you got to melee your target, not as a 25yd interrupt or part of a cc chain with no added DR. Charge stun is from an era without storm bolt/shockwave/dragon roar, disrupting shout, heroic leap+charge and an intimidating shout with no damage cap.

Quote Originally Posted by Korgoth View Post
    BatteredRose I don't know why you mistake 3 for 100, but you might want to work on that. Counting is a skill that comes in handy in life.
    Yes, because I was totes being literal.

Herpaderp.

Point is, they have plenty of stuns (and hell, CC in general) in their repertoire, so a change to one of them isn't going to end their careers.

Hmmmm thats just silly imo, i usually dont care too much about changes but i use charge mainly as an interrupt when in pve on elite mobs and what not , now it seems that wont work right ? At least add an interrupt to it.

10+ Year Old Account
    it was fine when warriors didnt have other gap closers/stuns but it got to a point where all they got are gap closer and stuns, for sure they need to cut back some of them

As someone who alt's a Warrior, it'll suck but I'd rather take a nerf like this than make the class unplayable (Which Blizzard are known to do). It's also something you can adapt to. However, as a Healer main I'm over the moon. Would rather be rooted than locked out of all casting for 1.5s.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluesftw View Post
    it was fine when warriors didnt have other gap closers/stuns but it got to a point where all they got are gap closer and stuns, for sure they need to cut back some of them
    What about rogues then? They have more stuns and infinite gap closers? Burst of Speed, and Sprint, that shouldnt be necessary, bye bye Sprint. Cheapshot and Kidney Shot and Para Poison, bye bye Cheapshot...

Oh wait Rogues arent popular, which is all that matters in nerfs, not actual class balance but whatever the unwashed masses whine about the most.