Poll: Have you tried pet battles?

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    I dont like quoting myself or restating myself so i wont, you can read well enough. If you want to clarify that you have tried them and just don't like them, then select other and explain that. Stop making it harder than it really is.
    I did already. It's called helping you make a better poll. Multiple people said it was a bad poll. We were trying to help you, but you're too stubborn. This is the equivalence of political polling lol.

OT: The only time I do them is while leveling a lowbie to break the boredom.

I tried them when I got bored. I only made it to level 10 or so and found myself more bored than before. I'm not knocking them though. It's another dimension to the game for people to have fun and enjoy. I get that. I'm sure there are other things at higher levels that make it more interesting. But I like movement, involvement, the chance of getting owned if I'm careless.

Quote Originally Posted by KClovesGaming View Post
    I went with 'Other'. It was fun at first, but some of the battles have gotten so tough that I just find it more of a chore than being "fun". I honestly prefer pet drops from various raid bosses (older and newer content) as opposed to having to battle some trainer to get a bag that may contain a pet.
    Great point. HOW THE HELL do you defeat "Tiny Timmy Newcomer" or whatever he's called in Timeless isle? His pet LITERALLY one shots mine. I've even tried to use pets that do + dmg to beasts..no luck

Quote Originally Posted by Sargiean View Post
    Great point. HOW THE HELL do you defeat "Tiny Timmy Newcomer" or whatever he's called in Timeless isle? His pet LITERALLY one shots mine. I've even tried to use pets that do + dmg to beasts..no luck
    He's not hard if you have the right pet comp.
    I use a Worg Pup, Gahz'rooki, and Son of Animus and beat him every single time, no problem.

Start off with Gahz'rooki and use Geyser (or wtfever that is) to hit him hard in a few turns. He almost always 2-shots Gahz'rooki, and he's faster, so I usually only get the Geyser off before Gahz'rooki goes down. Whatever, since Gahz'rooki only exists to set up Geyser anyway.
    Switch to the Worg Pup. Get off one Dazzling Dance and one Howl (or whatever it's called that reduces opponent's armor), in that order. Can usually get one physical attack off before the Worg Pup dies, but not always.
    Switch to Son of Animus. First use Interrupting Jolt (supereffective + stun), then use Touch of the Animus (supereffective + health regen). At this point, Lil' Oondasta should be low enough that one Batter (supereffective, and with Dazzling Dance buff you should outspeed LO so you should hit it an extra time) will finish it off.

Of course, this strategy assumes you are lucky enough to have a Son of Animus and Gahz'rooki pet from 5.3... No doubt there are other strategies out there but this one has worked every single time for me, and would only be wrecked if Lil Oon crit several times in a row or something.

Bloodsail Admiral Grumpy Old Man's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    There should be an option of just "yes", without the part "I am an avid pet battler". I do pet battles occasionaly, like them, but can't call myself an "avid" pet battler.
    Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    YouTubers are a plague. Fuck 'em. All of them.

I really like the high-level pet battles, like the Spirit Tamers and Legendary Beasts- but there's too much complexity for me when trying PvP battles at maximum level.

I guess mostly I like the extra collection aspect it affords- different methods to hunt and collect new pets is awesome.

I'm not sure if I enjoy them or not. I do them a lot. I like collecting those that I think look neat.

I will say this, if I could change the system, critical hits would be entirely removed along with variable damage (that 10ish damage range that most abilities seem to have), and attacks would have 100% or 50% hit chance with some condition to make it 100% (ala Blood in the Water, et alli).

Then again, I like puzzles, and these changes would make pet battles much more like puzzles to solve rather than an RNG-machine to play. There is still strategy in the current pet battles, but RNG can (and does) upset strategy, which I find very off-putting.

EDIT: I do not do PvP Pet battles. :shrug:
    "It is a demonstration of incomprehensible hubris to quote one's self, especially in one's own forum signature."
    ¬PetersenIII

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    How many of you have tried Pet Battles?

If you have, what do you find fun about the feature?

What do you think can be improved?

What would you add to the feature if you were the developer?

or

Would you remove the feature all together?

Jaylock:

I have tried pet battles. I think the feature is meh, its kinda cool, but then again its a turn based game that requires literally no skill. You just match up the pets based on their strengths against other pets. My bet is that many people who collect pets do not pet battle in the PvP battles that are available. My 2 cents.
    I'm guessing you've never played Pokemon or Final Fantasy.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

I tried them, have 400-ish pets, but i like more collecting than battles themselves. And since some of the pets are just a pain to get, i got bored pretty fast.

Pokemon has the same basic system, but still i prefer that game a very long run more than WoW pet battles.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't / haven't pet battled. It doesn't interest me at all, but I do like the changes it brought to the way pets work. I would like to see them do something similar with mounts. Like let me cage my mounts and sell them.

Remove the pet battle feature? No that shouldn't happen.

10+ Year Old Account
    How many of you have tried Pet Battles?

If you have, what do you find fun about the feature?

What do you think can be improved?

What would you add to the feature if you were the developer?
    I've pet battled two toons from lvl 10-90 (just to avoid leveling again). I found it to be a blast. I mocked it at first, but really enjoy being distracted by this mini-game. Plus, being an achievement hunter, I've found a whole new set of things to get

Bloodsail Admiral
    15+ Year Old Account
    Tried, not really interested. I've never really found the Pokemon style of battling all that interesting, and collecting 10 different types of squirrels doesn't interest me.

The poll really isn't great OP.

Anyway, I enjoy pet battles occasionally, they're a fun change of pace and i've always enjoyed collecting pets and mount.

For the people who moan about development time spent on them, IIRC the team that built most of it was the devs who are part of the Interface team, not those that make raids

10+ Year Old Account
    Did a few of them. Got the black whelpling I've had for like 8 years up to level 5 or 6. Not my thing.
    Rudimentary creatures of blood and flesh. You touch my mind, fumbling in ignorance, incapable of understanding.
    You exist because we allow it, and you will end because we demand it.

Sovereign
    Mass Effect

10+ Year Old Account
    Slightly addicted...

548 unique pets,
    60 level 25 pets
    All celestials
    All raid pets

QQ

Also yeh i enjoy the collecting more than the battling, battling can be really annoying and winning or losing can be altered if you miss a single time >.<

Possible improvement - increase in pet size as you level it as it will give more reason to level up your fav pets
    Last edited by Frozenbeef; 2014-02-04 at 06:01 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by wych View Post
    For the people who moan about development time spent on them, IIRC the team that built most of it was the devs who are part of the Interface team, not those that make raids
    Complaining about such things is stupid anyways. Or should I complain now that the dev time that goes into (heroic) raids would be better spend on quests/mounts/pets?
    Different people enjoy different things. And that's perfectly fine.

That said, atm I'm at
    ~970 lvl 25
    597 Uniques

Soon to be finished with my journey.

Quote Originally Posted by Superman-BladesEdge View Post
    Thought 500 was the cap 0.0
    It was lower, but now it's 1000.
    Last edited by mmocc02219cc8b; 2014-02-04 at 06:45 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Frozenbeef View Post
    Slightly addicted...

548 unique pets,
    60 level 25 pets
    All celestials
    All raid pets

QQ

Also yeh i enjoy the collecting more than the battling, battling can be really annoying and winning or losing can be altered if you miss a single time >.<

Possible improvement - increase in pet size as you level it as it will give more reason to level up your fav pets
    Thought 500 was the cap 0.0

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    I vendor the pets I find or throw them out.
    You cared enough to post.

Deleted
    I focussed on pet battles and leveling them for about 2-3 weeks and had fun.
    Never done the again after that and sold all my rare ones for big bucks.

It's fun for a while, but it's too simple to be fun for a longer period.

Zero interest.