Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Account Wide Cloud serpent Riding.

I think we are all really tired of Farming The eggs for riding those mount (cloud serpents) you should make it account wide.

10+ Year Old Account
    ok i will, anything else you wish for? free golds?

Nope, Hard Limit.

Not going to happen.

Who are you directing this to? This isn't the blizzard forums.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluesftw View Post
    ok i will, anything else you wish for? free golds?
    Because wanting to use your mounts without having to grind out a rep is the same as wanting free gold.

Quote Originally Posted by Egoism View Post
    Nope, Hard Limit.

Not going to happen.
    Where did they say this? Last I heard, GC tweeted that the team was looking at the idea of making cloud serpent riding account-wide, as it doesn't necessarily serve a purpose when Pandaria is no longer endgame content.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

It takes less than a week of dailies to hit exalted and the dailies take like 10 minutes, stop acting like its WSG rep.

Quote Originally Posted by Dakhath View Post
    It takes less than a week of dailies to hit exalted and the dailies take like 10 minutes, stop acting like its WSG rep.
    Took my 5 days of doing dailies for ten minutes, a 15 minute dungeon, a 5 minute scenario and a 5 minute heroic scenario every day to get the Cloud Serpent Riding, so it's TOTALLY easy. No excuses!

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Valyrian Stormclaw View Post
    Took my 5 days of doing dailies for ten minutes, a 15 minute dungeon, a 5 minute scenario and a 5 minute heroic scenario every day to get the Cloud Serpent Riding, so it's TOTALLY easy. No excuses!
    So they really nerfed it that bad? Took me a few weeks at the opening of the expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by Celawien View Post
    So they really nerfed it that bad? Took me a few weeks at the opening of the expansion.
    Its the double rep bonus that is account wide. It goes extremely fast after the first.

In the process of farming Huolon's mount I got enough eggs to exalt 3 other alts. Stupid 1% drop rate mount.

It's fine the way it is. Especially with double rep account wide once your first toon get revered, and championing the rep in dungeons. And hey, at least this rep has a repeatable turnin for rep. 1000 and piece before bonuses.
    My name is Cernunnos, I will love you like no other, I have died a thousand deaths, each time I died I thought of you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dakhath View Post
    I'm looking at it in the post-Pandaria perspective. It's silly to expect people to grind an old rep just to use some of their mounts on alts; not even the Argent Tournament mounts require that.

Quote Originally Posted by Callei View Post
    I'm looking at it in the post-Pandaria perspective. It's silly to expect people to grind an old rep just to use some of their mounts on alts; not even the Argent Tournament mounts require that.
    That's how mounts used to work, hehe. I did the netherwing quests on 5 alts before account wide mounts. Simply because I would rather have a netherdrake than the crappy default wyverns you got, or the bronze drake.

My only regret is not picking a different coloured drake on each alt. Not that I had any idea account wide mounts were coming though sadly.
    My name is Cernunnos, I will love you like no other, I have died a thousand deaths, each time I died I thought of you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cernunnos View Post
    That's how mounts used to work, hehe. I did the netherwing quests on 5 alts before account wide mounts. Simply because I would rather have a netherdrake than the crappy default wyverns you got
    Sure, but the key word here is 'used to.' I remember carrying a Swift Stormsaber in my warrior's bags because I liked the nightsabers better than the horses you got as a human. I remember grinding out the AV wolf on several Horde toons rather than ride the race mounts. But with account-wide mounts (barring mounts locked by class), barring Cloud Serpents behind an obsolete rep is unnecessary after the first go-round once Pandaria content has served its purpose. So far as I'm aware, no other rep mounts in the game do that.
    Last edited by Thage; 2014-02-01 at 06:50 PM. Reason: cut some stuff that didn't really fit on-topic

There is no need to be account-wide.
    Catchup mechanism trivialise the process now compared to doing it the old-fashioned way the first time, not that anyone even has to do that any longer.
    Consider it a perk, much like how a profession can be granted a mount that those with another cannot ride.
    It is even better than that, because your choices will not exclude others.

Quote Originally Posted by Callei View Post
    Sure, but the key word here is 'used to.' I remember carrying a Swift Stormsaber in my warrior's bags because I liked the nightsabers better than the horses you got as a human. I remember grinding out the AV wolf on several Horde toons rather than ride the race mounts. But with account-wide mounts (barring mounts locked by class), barring Cloud Serpents behind an obsolete rep is unnecessary after the first go-round once Pandaria content has served its purpose. So far as I'm aware, no other rep mounts in the game do that.
    The reputation is a far less of a barrier than class or profession, which can exclude on a permanent basis or even force deciding between several.
    There are other mounts which suffer from a similar lockout, only way worse.
    It does not matter the means by which this lockout exists, since it can be removed.
    Those others cannot.
    Last edited by ComputerNerd; 2014-02-01 at 06:55 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

Once Pandaria isn't the current expansion any more, that's fair enough.

Though personally I like hunting the eggs. I can find about ten eggs on a single fly-over these days, then log on a while later and get ten more. Add on the intro quests and the non-daily race training quests and that's Exalted or near enough. And you can sell the free mount you get for 750g, which is better than a kick in the teeth.

15+ Year Old Account
    Getting exalted on alts takes literally less than 1 day. First toon took about a week, following 4 alts took less than 1 day per. Yeah. Not a big deal.

Check out the directors cut of my project SCHISM, a festival winning short film
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DiHNTS-vyHE

15+ Year Old Account
    I agree with the notion that it is almost no work at all and at the end of it you even get 750g! (Well, assuming you have all three mounts already so you can vendor the one you get)

I don't see a need to change it, even post-MoP.

Deleted
    Crud. I wish I could find the source where someone asked to have its restriction removed and someone, I believe good ol' GC, said "Yeah, I think it's served its purpose"

Quote Originally Posted by Master Guns View Post
    Getting exalted on alts takes literally less than 1 day. First toon took about a week, following 4 alts took less than 1 day per. Yeah. Not a big deal.

So?

Pandaria will be irrelevant after WoD launch. Making everyone grind a day on every alt just to ride a bunch of mounts is silly, especially when that rep grind is no longer important.

It's exactly the kind of thing that account-wide mounts changed, and why everyone was so happy about acocunt wide mounts. If Blizzard is gonna keep adding mounts that just defy that, why even have account-wide mounts at all?

Quote Originally Posted by Blinksworth View Post
    Crud. I wish I could find the source where someone asked to have its restriction removed and someone, I believe good ol' GC, said "Yeah, I think it's served its purpose"
    He did say it was on the table at some point but then said they were fine with it as is.

http://wow.joystiq.com/2013/10/03/cl...per-character/