Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Too few races? Need more classes? How many games have more races and classes? I'd rather have them work on ACTUAL game content then spend a gazillion resources on another race which from a gameplay pov only means a starting zone and a new fucking face you won't actually see ever past the character selection screen...

Now if they somehow will do another Pandaland like expansion, with a NEW race, very well integrated, sure. But just take a known race an make it playable, what's the point? And why the hell do people think it's even possible to make ogre playable?

Quote Originally Posted by Snorlax View Post
    Most MMO's that have been around for about the same amount of time have either more races or more classes and several have far more of both at this point.

New races and new classes is pretty much one of the few things that you can't not have in an expansion these days. It's stupid to try and not have them.
    There's only so many you can feasibly add while maintaining class balance and race lore.

There will be new races since those require only a new starting zone and a new model but no class balance and skills. Since WoW developers have become cheaper in their effords with smaller goals and reusing many old designs and content the logical conclusion would be that we will not get new classes but now races in the future, up to a point where it will become stupid like the mounts today.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mosotti View Post
    And why the hell do people think it's even possible to make ogre playable?
    Because you can already play an Ogre, you just have to craft a suit.
    Atoms are liars, they make up everything!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raugnaut View Post
    I believe that blizz will release new races (Ogre/Arrokoa) mid-expansion. Why? Thats generally when interest dies down and blizz looses subs. By adding a new race, they will retain more players and possibly gain new/returning players to play the new race.
    I fully support this: Ogres for the Horde and Arakkoa for the Alliance!!

At the end of the day, we will be trapped in Draenor with no possibility to return to Azeroth when we destroy the Dark Portal side of Draenor... so we will need an extra help to destroy the Iron Horde...

Why would anyone want less choice? More of everything, please!
    WoD has too little new things on paper, but it might still become a great expansion if they change a lot of existing stuff.
    Mother pus bucket!

Quote Originally Posted by tankbug View Post
    WoD has too little new things on paper, but it might still become a great expansion if they change a lot of existing stuff.
    It might be more choice, but each choice would get less.

I don't understand what the fascination is with more races, Wow already has much more than most MMOs. If anything they should release better customization for the current races.

Quote Originally Posted by Sixteen18 View Post
    I don't understand what the fascination is with more races, Wow already has much more than most MMOs. If anything they should release better customization for the current races.
    because there are millions of players in this game, many of which wish they could play a race that's not currently playable. I think people should have realized by now that the game is not tailormade for them. it's made to try to make a lot of people happy.

for instance, I have a friend who only plays trolls. if the game was tailor-made for him, only trolls would be playable. would you be happy if only trolls were playable?

that reminds me of the good ol' days of table top RPGs when you just could choose anything and play with that. those were the good times.
    Warlorcs of Draenorc made me quit. You can't have my stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Snorlax View Post
    Most MMO's that have been around for about the same amount of time have either more races or more classes and several have far more of both at this point.

New races and new classes is pretty much one of the few things that you can't not have in an expansion these days. It's stupid to try and not have them.
    and yet doesn't have as many subs as wow. more classes/races doesn't make it better. sometimes it makes it far worse. so its better for blizzard to balance the current classes and add in a extra one. and lore wise it should also be posible to add them. because adding a monk in tbc would not fit. but adding them in MoP is.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Netherspark View Post
    Adding races is much more of an issue than just "model development time". The biggest issue is lore, not just needing background story, but tying that story into the main universe and having it affect them and them affect it as well.

Another issue is spotlight time; even with the 13 current races there's not enough game to fit them all in. The more races you have, the less lore and presence each of them have. People already complain that half the races haven't done anything for so long, well if we had more races that problem would be twice as bad.

There's also a point where adding more races just starts getting silly, and tbh we're almost there already. There's a point where all plausible playable races have been exausted, and the only choices left mean either pulling something out of nowhere, or adding something that barely makes sense (Kobolds/Tuskarr/whatever). Either way, it's going to be terrible.

To be honest, I think Wow could only manage 4 more races at most before adding more becomes just a cheap pile of nonsense. New races just for the sake of new races would be a big mistake.

I am more on board with adding subraces and extending customization options in place of new races.
    That could be solved by increasing the size of the teams, if they would hire around 100 people they would everything sorted out, but hell no they just cannot do it.

Herald of the Titans The Flavour Cat's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Can we please just go one expansion without any new races or classes? It's overkill, and adding a new race in WoD would just delay the progress on updated models-the feature that is essentially a new race. And even if we did have another one added in WoD, that'd just shaft other races in the lore department that aren't Orcs and maybe Humans. We also just had Monks, so no new classes, either.
    Isn't it ironic how education is important, yet people forget all about it when they visit the internet?

the proplem with sub-races is.. all characters must choose one.. there will be no more only a human, troll.. sadly this would never happen.. the lore on azeroth is not rich enough for all characters as sub-races..

Quote Originally Posted by The Flavour Cat View Post
    Can we please just go one expansion without any new races or classes? It's overkill, and adding a new race in WoD would just delay the progress on updated models-the feature that is essentially a new race. And even if we did have another one added in WoD, that'd just shaft other races in the lore department that aren't Orcs and maybe Humans. We also just had Monks, so no new classes, either.
    1 - WoD won't have new races or classes.

2 - this thread is about the expansions after WoD.

Quote Originally Posted by checking facts View Post
    1 - WoD won't have new races or classes.

2 - this thread is about the expansions after WoD.
    but isn't that a bit stupid?

Quote Originally Posted by loki504 View Post
    but isn't that a bit stupid?
    your question is a bit vague. what is stupid? not to have races or classes in WoD, or talking about future developments?

Quote Originally Posted by tankbug View Post
    http://phys.org/news127404469.html

so alot of choices ain't also good.

- - - Updated - - -

to talk about a future exp when when there isn't even a beta of the upcoming exp.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Seweryn View Post
    That could be solved by increasing the size of the teams, if they would hire around 100 people they would everything sorted out, but hell no they just cannot do it.
    hiring more people doesnt mean more quality product. you could go hire 50 guys off the street with no experience and they will turn in a product that is untextured and has jagged edges. but hey blizz spent that extra money!! so it must be worth it

RITE??
    Hi

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by checking facts View Post
    Up until this day, Blizzard Entertainment has given us 0, 1 or 2 new races per Expansion.
    We only got the new class in Wrath. I would be ok with only getting one more class and calling it done. People will never be satisfied until there are 500 races and 500 classes, and then they will bitch about not having 2million character slots open. I am all for options, but at somepoint, enough is enough. If we unlock race/class combos, that would effectively add another 27 unique combos to the pool. That's plenty.

Since you have limited time/resources in real life, you have to do a lot of thinking to make sure your choice is the best. WoW is compared to that an extremely tiny universe that holds a very finite amount of variations. Everyone that has played wow for years have almost exhausted every sensible combination of race, class and spec that they are interested in. Transmogrification was a very good way of at least making the characters look different from each other. Now, I'm glad that Blizzard takes away all the stupid choices, like primary stats and all the other "nerfed or good" variations from the talent tree, but if they spend all their time ironing out all the wrinkles, adding nothing new, the game will quickly become stale and I will rather play a different game. More classes, races, skills, spells, professions, whatever, keep em coming!
    Mother pus bucket!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sageofthe10paths View Post
    Okay wow, so lot's of ideas floating around, here's my opinion...

I think more races should only be added by what seems to make sense and fit. So having said that Ogres NEED to be added ASAP and be Horde. Alliance should get either Arakkoa or Cat people (really leaning towards cat people!) Another neutral race to make it an even 2 would be nice, I think Ethereal's fit that the best as they are a mercenary like race working for the highest bidder, plus they are just plain awesome looking. They would need to have their models overhauled to look fancy though.
    I wonder what makes Ogres so attractive o.o

Both Arakkoa and Ethereals need to be remodeled, yes, but my opinion is so much heavily biased towards Ethereals so I want them before any other race! They've got all what's needed to be playable D:

An expansion concept based on K'aresh
    #TeamK'aresh #TeamWorldRevamp