Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    If you're requesting that the way players are flagged and what for be overhauled, then ignore anything I say. I agree entirely that as best Blizzard can make it, PvP should only be enabled by clearly willing participants. If you're whining because you "mis-clicked" someone standing on your loot, or target healed a flagged player, you need a time-out.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    That's not even remotely what this is for.
    Avoiding dying is exactly what it's for.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Beartastic View Post
    How do you accidentally flag yourself and get ganked? Griefers are those guys that you see camping PvP realm starting zones for new content while players are trying to level their alts IE: Pandaria starting zones.
    Some players just don't know how to target mobs without targeting flagged players. Are they stupid for getting themselves flagged? Yes. Could they have changed their settings to target only NPC mobs and not other players? Yes. Should they stay away from tab targeting in those situations? Yes. Are other players assholes for being flagged on a PvE realm and jumping in their path to get them to flag? Absolutely.
    People who do it deliberately are griefers. And they are about to lose their "fun".

Some smart heals target whomever needs them whether they are in your group or not. I can be at about Cranegnasher and smiting a bird. My atonement decides to heal someone engaged in pvp combat, and I start getting "-250 rep August Celestials" for guard kills that I don't even see or get my face smashed in by a guard for "pvp".

How does one accidentally flag ones self? Casting AOE near an enemy? No. Tabing the wrong target and casting a spell? Yes. SO be less careless and avoid it. In 8 years of play I never MISTAKENLY flagged myself.

If there are other ways I am missing please let me know.
    READ and be less Ignorant.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SL1200 View Post
    That would be fine, but now you got things like the censor that allow faction on faction pvp. I'm tired of some asshole dancing around the celestials, ordos, and other rares trying to flag people.

It's long overdue.
    I agree. PvP in a PvE world just doesn't belong. It is only there for the amusement of the player who loves PvP.

Quote Originally Posted by SL1200 View Post
    That would be fine, but now you got things like the censor that allow faction on faction pvp. I'm tired of some asshole dancing around the celestials, ordos, and other rares trying to flag people.

It's long overdue.
    Click with care to avoid flagging.
    READ and be less Ignorant.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Puri View Post
    And? You still can PVP on a PVE realm after the change, if there are enough people who choose to. If there are not, and the only way of for example to get a PVP achievement like the bloody coin ones was to trick other people into something they don't want or enjoy, you might want to ask yourself who is playing on the wrong realm type.
    I like the way you think.

Quote Originally Posted by IIamaKing View Post
    How does one accidentally flag ones self? Casting AOE near an enemy? No. Tabing the wrong target and casting a spell? Yes. SO be less careless and avoid it. In 8 years of play I never MISTAKENLY flagged myself.

Accidentally right clicking the guy sitting on his mammoth on top of the mob you're trying to loot.

10+ Year Old Account
    Should not have to perform extra steps to avoid assholes.

I still say you all should make an effort to report the griefers. As I said before, PvP is only the medium through which they try to bother you. If they are there, dedicating significant time and effort just to screw you over, then they're the type to do it elsewhere in-game too.

10+ Year Old Account
    That's kind of hard when a Hordie is taunting your ass getting in your face while trying to do something and vice versa for Horde.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    Avoiding dying is exactly what it's for.
    No... It's for prevention of forced participation in an activity (pvp) that you don't want to participate in.

Of course one could say that it is in order to prevent people from dying... But that same argument could be made for zones with specific character levels in mind, so that players don't get skullf*cked by level 90 elites when they are running level 20 quests.

It's one thing to die a few times to things tailored for your level. It's quite another to participate in a death marathon that pretty much halts your progression for no other reason than rewarding the perpetrator with a false superiority stiffy.

I can start casting a heal on a player who is not flagged, then he gets flagged while I'm casting, and due to latency I cannot prevent being flagged. Enough hairsplitting?

Or you can call some of your buddies together and destroy said asshole then grief him?? I play on pve realm and if someone is flagged pvp they're fair game and if you can see them flagged why not kill them instead of just sitting and crying about how he's on top of your loot mob

As I mentioned in my earlier post, I'm fairly sure the paladin Glyph of Mass Exorcism can chain to pvpers. I wasn't changing targets on Dread Ship, HoW wasn't up and my Judgement wasn't on CD when I got flagged. I don't have another ranged move that I could have flagged myself with, I didn't heal anyone and the only AoE I used was Exo.

I'm not saying that the new system will be exploited. I'm saying that the players who are the type to fuck with others like this will find another way to do so.

Quote Originally Posted by 4umtroll View Post
    Or you can call some of your buddies together and destroy said asshole then grief him?? I play on pve realm and if someone is flagged pvp they're fair game and if you can see them flagged why not kill them instead of just sitting and crying about how he's on top of your loot mob
    because they suck at pvp obv.

anyways they wont totally remove world pvp for pve realms.. city raids are still a thing.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    There are plenty of ways to get someone unintentionally flagged for PvP when they do not wish to be. That they are fixing it so that you have to actively flag yourself is a good thing.

As for the subject of capitals and faction bosses once in an enemy city its on!

10+ Year Old Account
    How does one accidentally flag ones self? Casting AOE near an enemy? No. Tabing the wrong target and casting a spell? Yes. SO be less careless and avoid it.
    People aren't machines. They will make mistakes, especially in the heat of the moment. Sometimes people won't have health bars on and will accidentally click someone standing on top of a quest turn in. Sometimes, yes, they will tab target. But there is absolutely no real reason to argue against what they're implementing unless you're just trying to be a some kind of internet hardass.
    In 8 years of play I never MISTAKENLY flagged myself.
    Grats on your achievement, bro. That'll look real nice on job applications.
    Look! Words!