Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lumennon View Post
    It's not impossible.
    it just depends how much time you need to put into the game to feel satisfied.

adjusting that to real life stuff is key.
    Hi

wow takes no times ...

Deleted
    I work 9 - 5:30 Monday to Friday, so when I come home from work I can raid. I don't have a boyfriend/girlfriend, I don't have kids, and I'm not the type of person who enjoys going out and getting drunk with my friends on a daily basis. All of that makes it really easy to find the time to raid, but in doing so I don't have the time to play other games until the weekend.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by chazus View Post
    I work full time (40 hours a week) and go to school full time as well. I still have time to do raids on at least 4 of my 6 90s, and have legendary cloaks on 4. There is plenty of time to play the game and still have a normal life. Can I spend ALL DAY, EVERY DAY playing? No, but there isn't a need for that unless you're in a hardcore heroic raiding guild... which is like... 1% of the WoW community.
    Even this is false. Many people in the world top few guilds have very productive filled lives, just because they rush the start of the tier doesn't mean it's like that after they complete it in a couple of weeks unless they choose to continue to play that much which they don't have to.

I work 48 hour work weeks (8 hours a day 6 days a week), and I have date night with the GF on sundays. I work from 3:30PM until midnight. I only run errands once a week (before work, starting around 10:30AM), usually on Thursdays. We start laundry, then make a trip back to change it over after each errand. I'll drop my GF off at the store and I'll go to the indoor track and jog for two miles. It's a good way to assure I get some physical fitness in. Straight to work after errands, usually going to subway for lunch since time is limited.

I work 2nd shift, so I can play from 12:30AM when I get home until about 4AM. Sometimes I can get up at 10AM on weekdays and play until around 2PM, but I only do that sometimes. Really depends on how my GF is feeling, because she likes to sleep in late a lot.

In all, I could play WoW about 20-30 hours a week, while running all my errands, paying all my bills, working 48 hours a week, and not neglecting my GF. I don't have kids, nor a social life (neither does she), so I don't see any reason why I COULDN'T make time.
    Last edited by Zafire; 2014-02-02 at 02:32 PM.

I raid 2 nights a week for 3 hours. I spend almost 3 hours a day playing guitar as well. Takes far less time to play this game then my other hobbies take on a daily basis . I could play for about 7 hours a week and be set, but honestly i have so many alts and stuff that i spend a lot more time then that. But i don't need to to get what i want accomplished in the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymitylol View Post
    Even this is false. Many people in the world top few guilds have very productive filled lives, just because they rush the start of the tier doesn't mean it's like that after they complete it in a couple of weeks unless they choose to continue to play that much which they don't have to.
    Really? and you know about the personal lives of "many" of the people in the few world top guilds how? I'm just curious as to how and even why you would know, I mean "many" is a lot of people. Care to even maybe link to us where we can go and read about the "very" productive lives of so many people that are in just a few guilds?

Dude I work 50 hours a week, im married, I have two kids and I still have plenty of time to play..

10+ Year Old Account
    I have a full time job, 2 kids and a wife, I get plenty of time, it's not tough to attain things with the time I have.

Deleted
    You can clear all relevant content in a matter of hours, the game doesn't take nearly as much time as it used to. In many ways the game is what you make it though.

There simply used to be more to do, getting attuned on multiple characters, farming 100s of badges from heroics for entry-tier gear, wiping endlessly on bosses. People today just bot stuff, or are content with just doing raid finder.

WoW does have an aging population though. I remember when I started playing when I was 12 and the game just came out, half my guild was under 17. I can't remember the last time I spoke to somebody 16 or under in WoW, it was definitely before Cata though.

Deleted
    I work full time (40 hours a week) and go to school full time as well. I still have time to do raids on at least 4 of my 6 90s, and have legendary cloaks on 4. There is plenty of time to play the game and still have a normal life. Can I spend ALL DAY, EVERY DAY playing? No, but there isn't a need for that unless you're in a hardcore heroic raiding guild... which is like... 1% of the WoW community.
    U cant have a fulltime job and fulltime school, thats called parttime friend

While I won't say it's impossible for people in college and working to play, and I know many who do, for me it is. Between work and school, I wake up at 630am (first class at 8) and get out of my last class of the day at 9pm. This is for Mon-Thursday. It leaves no time to do anything except get home and get ready to sleep or finish up homework if I want 8 hours. On the weekends I would have time, but I have more homework, and since 3 of my classes have labs, I have lab work as well. This of course will vary semester to semester, but since my work place is only open on the week days from 6am-6pm, I have to balance classes around it. Once I graduate in two years, I would like to get back into raiding. Being out of school and working a 9 to 5 will make things a lot easier to dedicate time.

On a side note, the part about varying semester to semester is the major killer of raiding (in a real guild). I can't say in 4 months if I will be able to make the raid times, am I supposed to switch guilds 3 times a year because of school?
    Last edited by NoRest4Wicked; 2014-02-02 at 06:38 PM.
    And I saw, and behold, a pale horse: and he that sat upon him, his name was Death; and Hades followed with him. And there was given unto them authority over the fourth part of the earth, to kill with sword, and with famine, and with death, and by the wild beasts of the earth.

Quote Originally Posted by Champxoxo View Post
    You can clear all relevant content in a matter of hours, the game doesn't take nearly as much time as it used to. In many ways the game is what you make it though.

There simply used to be more to do, getting attuned on multiple characters, farming 100s of badges from heroics for entry-tier gear, wiping endlessly on bosses. People today just bot stuff, or are content with just doing raid finder.

WoW does have an aging population though. I remember when I started playing when I was 12 and the game just came out, half my guild was under 17. I can't remember the last time I spoke to somebody 16 or under in WoW, it was definitely before Cata though.
    As a 9 year player I dont understand how you can say this. You might not like the options you have now, but there are tons more things to do now than there once were. You either grinded the same 5 mans for months, grinded killing mobs for months for rep, grinded badges, or pvp'd or were part of a regular raid group. Or you leveled alts. Crafting.

Now you can do all of that on top of hunt for hidden relics and treasure like easter eggs hidden all over in special hiding places, hunt and solo challenging rares who wonder and spawn in Pandaria, hunt and capture rare pets who only come out in special weather and other conditions, pet battles, do scenarios, do heroics, do LFR, flex raid, normal raid, heroic raid, you now have 3 expansions worth of raid content you can solo at varying degrees of difficulty to collect transmog sets, do challenge runs for unique armor sets with very unique visual FX, proving grounds, and then all the new mechanics I can't even begin to list on Timeless Isle... I guess if all of that sucks to you, it doesn't' count?
    If you like my draw-rings. http://yig.deviantart.com/
    If you can't find them for some reason beyond that page. http://yig.deviantart.com/gallery/
    WOW screenshot and concept art gallery http://smg.photobucket.com/user/evilknick/library/WoW

10+ Year Old Account
    Clearly a troll guys. Look at all his other posts he starts stupid topics like these and sit back and watches everyone fall for it. Just look at the topics has made "Okey, blizzard is a money whore, PLZ HELP! My roommate keeps mocking me about having no gf by referring to wow, I think a play-time restriction should be put on this game" and so on.

Deleted
    I don't even know what to do outside of raids anymore.

10+ Year Old Account
    You dont need to play all day every day to be a part of that 1% either ( outside of the 2ish weeks of progression ).

You come home from work at 5-7 normally, then you can play from 7-01 atleast

several hours a day not to mention weekends

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by stuartj1992 View Post
    Oh c'mon, school is a piece of piss work wise compared to university or a full time job - I had absolutely tons of free time then compared to what I have now.
    "Then" pretty much says it all. Don't know what you're currently at in life, but things change.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tomana View Post
    Bwahahahahaha. Is this supposed to be funny? Because when you see how much an average teenager watches TV and/or goes on Facebook, it does not compute.
    Not everyone in the world is a console/social media junkie as most stereotypes may suggest. Not saying I'm a part of that group though.

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by psychopass View Post
    I believe this is only a game for teenagers because only teenagers have enough time to spare for this game.

However, I found that loads of people who are 21+ still play this game.

So the question is: How do you get the fucking time?
    I'm 27 and manage quite easily O.o Nothing in the game takes up much time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GuniorBinda View Post
    Not everyone in the world is a console/social media junkie as most stereotypes may suggest. Not saying I'm a part of that group though.
    In France, a 2011 study shows that an average 13-19 year old spends 13.5 hours a week on his computer and 10.5 in front of the TV. In my book, that means that they are not overworked. Granted, it should vary from country to country.
    MMO player
    WoW: 2006-2020 || EvE: 2013-2020 // 2023- || FFXIV: 2020- || Lost Ark: 2022-