Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Giscoicus View Post
    No thanks. I run raids weekly for mounts and sometimes pug others for MSV/ToT. People who don't care about the mount or already have it rolling to make gold? Not cool.
    why would they join a mount run if not for mount?
    and you woulden't need too run weekly runs for month if they were on the AH

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Draknalor186 View Post
    why would they join a mount run if not for mount?
    thrill of adventure? VP? show off their pro DPS/HPS/TPS?
    Hi

The same reason most raid drops are BoP

On one hand I would love to be able to purchase mounts that I cannot get lucky enough to drop, but on the other, it takes the rarity away from them. If you spend months farming one particular mount just because you reeeaaaally want it, finally get it and the next week blizz says "oh hey all dropped mounts are BoU now" you would be devestated. You spent months or even years farming this particular mount that any joe blow brand new to the game can come in and purchase. For me making them bind on use takes the fun out of showing off a rare mount.

And as several people have already mentioned, the poachers would get out of hand simply because they want gold. It takes the reward away from waiting or trying to do something difficult or time consuming.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by shoozadin View Post
    On one hand I would love to be able to purchase mounts that I cannot get lucky enough to drop, but on the other, it takes the rarity away from them. If you spend months farming one particular mount just because you reeeaaaally want it, finally get it and the next week blizz says "oh hey all dropped mounts are BoU now" you would be devestated. You spent months or even years farming this particular mount that any joe blow brand new to the game can come in and purchase. For me making them bind on use takes the fun out of showing off a rare mount.

And as several people have already mentioned, the poachers would get out of hand simply because they want gold. It takes the reward away from waiting or trying to do something difficult or time consuming.
    someone else still has to do that really long farming in order to get the mount to AH for Mr joe to buy. so he just bought the amount of time that other guy spent farming it, woulden't it still be rare?
    "It takes the reward away from waiting or trying to do something difficult or time consuming." i rather have a Few K then most mounts in my list tho.. so that would be my reward

Quote Originally Posted by Draknalor186 View Post
    someone else still has to do that really long farming in order to get the mount to AH for Mr joe to buy. so he just bought the amount of time that other guy spent farming it, woulden't it still be rare?
    "It takes the reward away from waiting or trying to do something difficult or time consuming." i rather have a Few K then most mounts in my list tho.. so that would be my reward
    Again, you're severely underestimating how fast prices will plummet if you could sell drop mounts like that. I can farm all but Mim's Head, and Lifebinder's on at least 4 characters every week for the pre-MoP stuff and I don't really have that many characters compared to other solo grinders.

Quote Originally Posted by Trubo View Post
    Again, you're severely underestimating how fast prices will plummet if you could sell drop mounts like that. I can farm all but Mim's Head, and Lifebinder's on at least 4 characters every week for the pre-MoP stuff and I don't really have that many characters compared to other solo grinders.
    Exactly, especially considering that the mounts are once-per-account, means that there are going to be fewer and fewer buyers eventually. You'll see more ninjas, more farmers (including chain farmers), more botting/hacking/etc. incentive, and a lot less fun and rarity to the mounts.

While I hate the RNG behind some mounts, often the journey of getting a mount is part of the fun. Also, rare mounts that are not buyable give people incentive to go back and re-experience old raids, where they otherwise wouldn't have any.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trubo View Post
    sky golem now sells for 28k on my server, 28k guarnteed every 30 days is good for me, dono what you mean when you talk about price plummet? 1g? 10g? 100g? aslong as it's over 10k i'm happy
    i read somewhere that the first ever sky golem sold for like 220k, so if you are fast enough you can sell before the plummet