Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by yoma View Post
    You may keep telling both yourself and other posters this, but repetition simply does not make it true. This mount uses the proto-drake skeleton (just as the original Raven Lord uses a raptor skeleton). I personally hate the proto-drake skeletal animations/renderings and simply adding feathers and a sprinkle of nostalgia to an (again in my opinion) ugly base skeleton does not an amazing mount make. I had such high hopes for this Dread Raven mount, and I was even considering buying the Collector's Edition for the first time in my WoW career; that is no longer the case.
    Dude, it's not a Proto-drake! It's build upon the skeleton of the Armored Skyscreamer they introduced with the Isle/Throne of Thunder.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by yoma View Post
    You may keep telling both yourself and other posters this, but repetition simply does not make it true. This mount uses the proto-drake skeleton (just as the original Raven Lord uses a raptor skeleton). I personally hate the proto-drake skeletal animations/renderings and simply adding feathers and a sprinkle of nostalgia to an (again in my opinion) ugly base skeleton does not an amazing mount make. I had such high hopes for this Dread Raven mount, and I was even considering buying the Collector's Edition for the first time in my WoW career; that is no longer the case.

Except it's not. It takes a lot of mental gymnastics to think it's another protodrake.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

I like the idea of this mount (I've always wanted my Anzu to fly) but as a bird geek, I find the armor, frayed feathers, and legs dangling during flight to be off-putting. It looks too sickly as a result and makes me think that if Rob Liefeld drew for Blizz, this is the sort of obfuscated design he would produce. If I were still playing WoW, however, I think the mount would warrant picking up the CE (I passed on a CE for the first time in MoP as I find the quilien to be hideous). Not the greatest-looking design but they've done much worse.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Haglaz View Post
    Dude, it's not a Proto-drake! It's build upon the skeleton of the Armored Skyscreamer they introduced with the Isle/Throne of Thunder.
    ...which was built upon the Proto-drake skeleton.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Except it's not. It takes a lot of mental gymnastics to think it's another protodrake.
    Perhaps for some. Some minds are more limber than others.

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Tygry View Post
    It looks too sickly as a result and makes me think that if Rob Liefeld drew for Blizz, this is the sort of obfuscated design he would produce.
    Oh, I don't know about that. I mean, it doesn't look like a twisted, mannequin-like Mantid with strange, puffed lips and it's even got feet rather than its talons being perpetually hidden in convenient smoke. And it's completely lacking pouches!

But I do agree with you. With the frayed feathers, the how the animations seem unmatched to the model and that hunched walk it does look like it's sickly.

Quote Originally Posted by Bullderp View Post
    ...which was built upon the Proto-drake skeleton.
    And yet it has a different feel, a different stance and different animations than a protodrake. Therefore it really is different although it may have its skeleton as a base. Despite its skeleton-origin it still looks great imo.
    Last edited by Haglaz; 2014-02-04 at 07:46 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by chaud View Post
    Unless you are doing a lot of video rendering or something that is similarly multithreaded, you do not need the 4770K and should spend that money elsewhere.
    So are you saying that the I5-4670 has the same amount of gaming power as the 4770k?

Quote Originally Posted by Tybudd33 View Post
    So are you saying that the I5-4670 has the same amount of gaming power as the 4770k?
    The 4670K, yes. In almost every game it will be on par with the 4770K.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shudder View Post
    Should just remove the computer set up so the comments don't end up having nothing to do with WoW or MMO's and end up in a nerd argument.
    No, I like them as I am planning on building a new system sometime and have not kept up with the latest tech at all over the past couple of years.

There was no need for an imbalance in the FIRST PLACE, Tauren did not need paladins. But somehow I get the feeling that if the situation were reversed, the horde'd get a new race/class combination pretty quick.

Quote Originally Posted by Mazzic518 View Post
    No, I like them as I am planning on building a new system sometime and have not kept up with the latest tech at all over the past couple of years.
    i agree. please keep doing the intermittent build suggestions! i very much look forward to checking them out every time.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by palladiamors View Post
    There was no need for an imbalance in the FIRST PLACE, Tauren did not need paladins.
    Who would you have chosen then, the orcs? =3
    If you can't make fun of something, its probably not worth taking seriously.