Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MrApple View Post
    The warrior QQ echoed across all the realms filling every lake with tears.

This teaches us one thing. If your class gets nerfed you just go spam the forums with tears and QQ
    and the nerfs will be reverted.

gg blizz... gg
    This happened to warlocks this expac, remember?

But really this change is for the better.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by apepi View Post
    This happened to warlocks this expac, remember?

But really this change is for the better.
    It really is for casters. Now they wont get 3s charge stunned into reckstorm then interrupt while the warrior is storming on them.
    "Gamer" is not a bad word. I identify as a gamer. When calling out those who persecute and harass, the word you're looking for is "asshole." @_DonAdams
    When you see someone in a thread making the same canned responses over and over, click their name, click view forum posts, and see if they are a troll. Then don't feed them.

Deleted
    Slow shout is actually pretty good, only thing it was not really used was because distruptive shout was so good.

Warrior will still remain total anti-caster class, so much utility against casters, 2x spell reflect, atleast one interrupt, charge, heroic leap, stormbolt.
    Last edited by mmoc090a203492; 2014-02-03 at 11:45 PM.

Blizzard has already backtracked on this change, and in the next PTR build, charge will once again stun.

Warriors do need a slight nerf in PvP (just look at which classes currently have the most representation over 2400 rating - hint, it's Warriors), but I'm not sure that charge stun is where they need to make the change. Just toning down their damage a bit, I would have thought, would be fine. Not sure why smaller changes in iterations isn't preferable to the sweeping changes blizzard often makes.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ranaas View Post
    asking again ;

where the hell is mage nerfs?
    Frost Mastery got changed. Burst was nerfed. A lot.

Quote Originally Posted by Vvulf View Post
    Blizzard has already backtracked on this change, and in the next PTR build, charge will once again stun.

Warriors do need a slight nerf in PvP (just look at which classes currently have the most representation over 2400 rating - hint, it's Warriors), but I'm not sure that charge stun is where they need to make the change. Just toning down their damage a bit, I would have thought, would be fine. Not sure why smaller changes in iterations isn't preferable to the sweeping changes blizzard often makes.
    It will break PVE. People (both PVE and PVP) will still cry anyway.

Blizzard has already stated, Warriors are too disruptive vs casters. Nerfing damage would do nothing to fix that.

Quote Originally Posted by SodiumChloride View Post
    Frost Mastery got changed. Burst was nerfed. A lot.
    And they *still* do more burst than any other spec (aside from Destro, but if you get smacked by Chaos Bolt it's kind of your own fault...). Yes, Mages need a nerf, as do Hunters. While we're on the topic, Enh Shamans need to have their burst toned down and their sustained damage increased, damage modifiers need to not stack (Incanter's Ward + Prey on the Weak + Tricks + Skull Banner in 5s = 110k+ Ice Lances),

Warrior damage really isn't that bad, DKs do *significantly* more, yet nobody seems to complain about them. The sharing CD on pummel/disrupting shout is the perfect change, so that's good. The only other thing I'd consider changing for Warriors is removing the Blitz glyph because it's kind of stupid and has no purpose outside of PvP anyway, so I think that would be a decent change. But really, I don't think it's necessary. I think this is a good change though, will certainly help casters.

Quote Originally Posted by Cle View Post
    Slow shout is actually pretty good, only thing it was not really used was because distruptive shout was so good.

Warrior will still remain total anti-caster class, so much utility against casters, 2x spell reflect, atleast one interrupt, charge, heroic leap, stormbolt.
    Warriors haven't had 2x spell reflect for a good while.
    Quote Originally Posted by kbarh View Post
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne

Charge stun has always been there. Just that before they fixed it you could "jump" it, meaning that a warrior charges and you could just strafe and jump away so he wouldnt reach you to put up a hamstring and you could kep your distance easier. You still got stunned but not stopped if in the air. So it is iconic to have the charge stun no matter when the possibility to charge in combat was implemented, and it is a big deal to have it removed although I can see why.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Baracuda View Post
    Warriors haven't had 2x spell reflect for a good while.
    Spell reflect and mass spell reflect

Quote Originally Posted by Korgoth View Post
    It really is for casters. Now they wont get 3s charge stunned into reckstorm then interrupt while the warrior is storming on them.
    No warrior worth his salt is playing reckstorm anyways (talking 3s).

Deleted
    Bladestorm is pretty good in 3v3, atleast in 3 warrior comb

Quote Originally Posted by chrth View Post
    They don't share full CD. Disruptive Shout is still 40 secs, but you can't cast it within fifteen seconds of Pummel.
    this is a straight up lie. There is no shared cd on pummel and disruptive shout.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Illana View Post
    this is a straight up lie. There is no shared cd on pummel and disruptive shout.
    That's the point. There will be, instead of the Charge change.

"We're going to revert the Charge and Warbringer changes from the 5.4.7 PTR and make a different change. Here's some context:

We feel that Warriors are too disruptive vs casters in PvP at the moment. To a certain extent it's intended that it should be more difficult to get casts off if there's a melee DPS sticking to you, but Warriors just have too many options along those lines currently. That's part of the thinking behind the change to Charge: as a root, Charge would not interrupt casting, so it would be useful purely as a gap closer and rage generator, not as a way to lock down a caster.

We're reverting it because, although we do think it's a good change and something we're likely to revisit in the future, it's a bit too big of an overall change for 5.4.7. There's a bit of a ripple effect here; making Charge a root certainly accomplishes the goal of scaling back Warrior interrupts, but it opens up some secondary issues (such as "what happens when you Charge a target with Hand of Freedom active?") that we'd need some additional time to clear up. Put another way, we wanted to nerf Warriors' ability to disrupt casters, not their mobility, and at this point in time the Charge change would have been a nerf to both.

So instead, we're making a different change: Pummel and Disrupting Shout will have a 15-second shared cooldown. To be clear: Disrupting Shout will remain at its current 40 second cooldown, but you won't be able to use it within 15 seconds of using Pummel. Likewise, using Disrupting Shout will put Pummel on cooldown.

We may still come back to the Charge change in Warlords, where all sorts of other changes will have happened (especially to CC) that allow it to make more sense, and we can spend more development and testing time on making sure it doesn't have any unwanted side effects. For now, the shared cooldown on Pummel and Disrupting Shout will fill our original intention of making Warriors just slightly less difficult to cast against."

Spell reflect and mass spell reflect
    There's a difference betweeing something existing and people actually using it. No serious warrior takes it since they removed root/snare remove from intervene, Blizzard doesn't give a shit if warriors use it against you in duels.
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne

Quote Originally Posted by Gordon View Post
    That's the point. There will be, instead of the Charge change.

"We're going to revert the Charge and Warbringer changes from the 5.4.7 PTR and make a different change. Here's some context:

We feel that Warriors are too disruptive vs casters in PvP at the moment. To a certain extent it's intended that it should be more difficult to get casts off if there's a melee DPS sticking to you, but Warriors just have too many options along those lines currently. That's part of the thinking behind the change to Charge: as a root, Charge would not interrupt casting, so it would be useful purely as a gap closer and rage generator, not as a way to lock down a caster.

We're reverting it because, although we do think it's a good change and something we're likely to revisit in the future, it's a bit too big of an overall change for 5.4.7. There's a bit of a ripple effect here; making Charge a root certainly accomplishes the goal of scaling back Warrior interrupts, but it opens up some secondary issues (such as "what happens when you Charge a target with Hand of Freedom active?") that we'd need some additional time to clear up. Put another way, we wanted to nerf Warriors' ability to disrupt casters, not their mobility, and at this point in time the Charge change would have been a nerf to both.

So instead, we're making a different change: Pummel and Disrupting Shout will have a 15-second shared cooldown. To be clear: Disrupting Shout will remain at its current 40 second cooldown, but you won't be able to use it within 15 seconds of using Pummel. Likewise, using Disrupting Shout will put Pummel on cooldown.

We may still come back to the Charge change in Warlords, where all sorts of other changes will have happened (especially to CC) that allow it to make more sense, and we can spend more development and testing time on making sure it doesn't have any unwanted side effects. For now, the shared cooldown on Pummel and Disrupting Shout will fill our original intention of making Warriors just slightly less difficult to cast against."
    thanks for that.

Good change imo, charge should keep its stun for sure

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Crruor View Post
    No warrior worth his salt is playing reckstorm anyways (talking 3s).
    First I was talking about post charge nerf, where it would have become a lot more common due to the DR on warbringer.
    Second, its not bad in 3s, its situational. I like using it with WMD against caster setups.
    "Gamer" is not a bad word. I identify as a gamer. When calling out those who persecute and harass, the word you're looking for is "asshole." @_DonAdams
    When you see someone in a thread making the same canned responses over and over, click their name, click view forum posts, and see if they are a troll. Then don't feed them.

Deleted
    Why bladestorm is not good talent? i think its very good in 2s

Why bladestorm is not good talent? i think its very good in 2s
    Because anyone with half a brain isn't going to stand in it? Every class has ways out, if you use all your mobility skills before you know what talents the Warrior has you're an idiot.

Judging from what you've said on this page (Bladestorm is good, Warriors have double reflect, etc.) I'd wager you don't really do serious PvP at all. So not too sure why you're in a thread all about a PvP balance change...

Deleted
    Fear + bladestrom

Also mass spell reflect is useful

Fear + bladestrom

Also mass spell reflect is useful
    Not relatively useful.