Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by wych View Post
    I don't really see how that relates to my post, but you're making the assumption that WoW = raiding or bust.

WoW has never been just about raiders, even if it's one of the main selling points, especially pre LFR, most people never bothered raiding and the statistics backed that up
    Given that I was the poster he was mention with the "above post", I think it's warrented to mention that progression style raiding is out of my grasp, as I'd be sacrificing nearly all the free time (and perhaps more) I have during the week, and I'm prefectly cool with that. I also agree, that even with my life as a typical working adult, I can still find some time to play WoW on a regular basis, it just has to fit into my "block" of free time and I have to be able to get away from WoW if RL needs me.

Let me preface what I'm about to say with "To each his own, do what makes you happy, YOLO, etc..."

Having lived the bleeding edge hardcore raiders life for years, I don't miss it, and even if I had an preponderance of free time, I wouldn't go back to raiding like that. I just missed so much shit having 4 weeknights spoken for evey week, plus mat/consumable gathering, and PvP. At least for me, life's better when you don't take WoW as seriously as a job.
    Rudimentary creatures of blood and flesh. You touch my mind, fumbling in ignorance, incapable of understanding.
    You exist because we allow it, and you will end because we demand it.

Sovereign
    Mass Effect

Deleted
    Honestly, if you don't hav the time for it, just stop playing it!
    It's not like the end of your world/life

Quote Originally Posted by Fahrenheit View Post
    Given that I was the poster he was mention with the "above post", I think it's warrented to mention that progression style raiding is out of my grasp, as I'd be sacrificing nearly all the free time (and perhaps more) I have during the week, and I'm prefectly cool with that. I also agree, that even with my life as a typical working adult, I can still find some time to play WoW on a regular basis, it just has to fit into my "block" of free time and I have to be able to get away from WoW if RL needs me.

Let me preface what I'm about to say with "To each his own, do what makes you happy, YOLO, etc..."

Having lived the bleeding edge hardcore raiders life for years, I don't miss it, and even if I had an preponderance of free time, I wouldn't go back to raiding like that. I just missed so much shit having 4 weeknights spoken for evey week, plus mat/consumable gathering, and PvP. At least for me, life's better when you don't take WoW as seriously as a job.

Again, that's perfectly nice and all but it has nothing to do with the point I made.

I simply stated it's entirely possible for somebody over the age of 20 to be able to find time to play WoW bar extreme circumstances.

I made absolutely 0 points about anybody being able to hardcore raid, there's much more to WoW than that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deruyter View Post
    Honestly, if you don't hav the time for it, just stop playing it!
    It's not like the end of your world/life
    That's easier said than done. I'm cool now, with knowing I don't have the time do anything more time intensive than a few random BGs or a wing of LFR. But for a while, that just didn't sit right with me. You'd need to know me for it to make sense, but I don't do anything half assed. To be frank, I'm not good, I'm not even great at WOW, I'm outstanding, and I'm hyper competitive to boot, so not being the best or one of the best at something often makes it not worth my time.

But, ultimately it came down to this.

Be a bleeding edge raider and have the best shit in the world and be one of the first to have it. Or, have free time on weekdays to watch the Knicks or Yankees, go to the gym, spend time with my wife, play with my dogs, play other video games, etc...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by wych View Post
    Again, that's perfectly nice and all but it has nothing to do with the point I made.

I simply stated it's entirely possible for somebody over the age of 20 to be able to find time to play WoW bar extreme circumstances.

I made absolutely 0 points about anybody being able to hardcore raid, there's much more to WoW than that.
    Read the 2nd half of the first paragraph you quoted. I agree with you. Even as a typical busy, working adult with a life, a wife, dogs, etc... I can still find a decent amount of time to play WoW.
    Last edited by Fahrenheit; 2014-02-04 at 06:45 PM.
    Rudimentary creatures of blood and flesh. You touch my mind, fumbling in ignorance, incapable of understanding.
    You exist because we allow it, and you will end because we demand it.

Sovereign
    Mass Effect

Quote Originally Posted by Fahrenheit View Post
    That's easier said than done. I'm cool now, with knowing I don't have the time do anything more time intensive than a few random BGs or a wing of LFR. But for a while, that just didn't sit right with me. You'd need to know me for it to make sense, but I don't do anything half asse. To be frank, I'm not good, I'm not even great at WOW, I'm outstanding, and I'm hyper competitive to boot, so not being the best or one of the best at something often makes it not worth my time.

But, ultimately it came down to this.

Be a bleeding edge raider and have the best shit in the world and be one of the first to have it. Or, have free time on weekdays to watch the Knicks or Yankees, go to the gym, spend time with my wife, play with my dogs, play other video games, etc...

- - - Updated - - -

Read the 2nd half of the first paragraph you quoted. I agree with you.
    I know, it wasn't an attack on you, I was just wondering why I was dragged into your post by that guy when what I said had nothing really to do with it

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm 28, have a full time job and live with my GF, I have plenty of time for WoW, my GF, my work and my mates. Not that hard to find time.

15+ Year Old Account
    If you don't have time for video games, you might want to start lightening up your schedule.
    "There are two types of guys in this world. Guys who sniff their fingers after scratching their balls, and dirty fucking liars." -StylesClashv3
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    Not finding-a-cock-on-your-girlfriend-is-normal level of odd, but nevertheless, still odd.

I'm almost 40 and don't raid. I have a toddler and full time 60+ hrs job. My schedule is basically work/kid until 7pm, then 7-8pm dinner/socialize w wife/whatever. 8-9 is wow time. I also play a bit while eating breakfast (mostly just prospect ore or repost glyphs). Things take a very long time, but you learn to find time.

Quote Originally Posted by psychopass View Post
    So the question is: How do you get the fucking time?
    I'm in a guild where most people are 30+, some are getting close to 50. To most of us this what we do when other sit in front of the tv for hours, actually I have more then one friend who has non computer hobbies that take up as much or even more time a week as wow does.

I used to play football when I was younger (stopped playing at 24 because of injury problems), my brother still plays. We trained 3-4 days a week and then we had at least one game a week. For a normal practise you lost like 3 hours (getting there, train, shower, getting home) and for matches, when we had a home game you lost about 3-4 hours and if it was an away game against a team from outside our city you could easy lose 6-7 hours.

Since a lot of people in my raid group have jobs and children we can't raid a lot of hours we start at 21:00 (after the children have gone to bed) and we only raid until 23:00 since people have to get up early in the morning to get to work. Obvious we are pretty casual and focus more on having fun then hardcore progress, but we are still pretty satisfied that we are progressing on heroic Siegecrafter.
    Last edited by Ater; 2014-02-05 at 12:51 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Turning 21 in the spring; Part time job and pursuing what makes me happy and trying to figure out how to get paid for it.

In-between, I play vidya games. Like WoW.
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ "In short, people are idiots who don't really understand anything." ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥
    [/url]
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥

Well i dont have Girl friend (because i want it that way), so i got plenty of time.
    Also i am not american so one Job is enough to Keep me alive.

I am 51 years old and retired.... I don't watch TV. WoW, and once a month sex with my wife are my pleasures in life.... Lol.

I once had a GM named "Unemployment" and I wouldn't doubt that's the case for a lot of the people. On that same realm, there were players named mrDINK and msDINK. I think a lot of people fall into that category too. When I was a raider, most of us on the team were either between jobs, or worked full time but had no kids to cook for and pay attention to. We did recruit a few people who were married with kids, but God help their spouses or kids if they tried to talk to them while raiding, because they'd get yelled at, and everyone would hear it in vent. It lead me to believe that anyone who worked full time, had a family, and raided a lot, wasn't paying much attention to his family or helping out around the house, etc.

15+ Year Old Account
    I have a job, friends, I work out and run and I still play alot. I don't have wife, kids and house to tend to though.

I'm 32 and have a full time job.

I used to do heroic progression raiding but in the end it was just taking too much of a toll. Especially since I'm not like a lot of my guildies who just log on to raid, I did lots of other stuff in game as well.

It is honestly extremely time consuming and that's one of the biggest problems with the game.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

What kind of logic says that teenagers have more time to spend than adults...? Teens have school, homework, friends, family and other hobbies. I have way more spare time now as an adult (27) than I did as a teen. As an adult and due to a diagnosis I got 2 years ago, I am free to decide what to do with my time and I choose to spend it either in the company of dogs and their owners, with my family or in WoW. When I do get a job, which should be soon if all goes well, I will still spend my spare time as I do now, only in smaller portions.

In over 5 years of playing I have known ONE younger (below 18) teenager in WoW. Most people I've met/played with have been well over the age of 21. Those that have kids will be online mostly to do "worthwhile" stuff like raiding when the kids are asleep.

It's the same principle as with being able to afford stuff with cash. If you can't afford the time you feel WoW needs to be fun to you, then you're simply gonna have to accept that. Has nothing to do with age though.
    Last edited by Queen of Hamsters; 2014-02-06 at 06:23 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by psychopass View Post
    I believe this is only a game for teenagers because only teenagers have enough time to spare for this game.

However, I found that loads of people who are 21+ still play this game.

So the question is: How do you get the fucking time?
    *shrug* Depends on what people's schedules are. Right now I'm just working a bit from home, splitting time between that and another project and add WoW and other stuff in here and there.

Really I would have to question how anyone would have time, it's not like most teens aren't in school for about the same amount of time that adults are at work. Anyone who wants to play just finds the time I guess.

I live in Alaska and work from ~7AM to ~330PM, and then raid from 4PM to 8PM. I usually get to squeeze in dinner during raid on a break and have a great time doing it. Now when I have to sit on a boss (Mistweaver FTL) I am so bored and have no idea what to do during that time.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Well I goto school 10 hours a day and then put in some study time in between those, I'm usually running or something after class then the rest of the time is my time including the weekends which is 48hrs. You can do quite a lot with 48hrs! It really isnt hard

I guess it's a good thing it's a video game and you don't HAVE to play it all the time.

I get where you're coming from. If you intend on being absolutely hardcore about this game, it requires a large amount of time. But then again, what doesn't? I barely see any 'teenagers' playing this game. Maybe 7 or 8 years ago...but these days I see more 25+ people playing. In fact I know a lot of 30 to 40...and even some 50 year olds who play this game a lot.

Obviously if you have a full-time job...and a family...and other things going on...you won't be as active as you'd like...but is that really a bad thing? I think Blizzard knows that people are playing less and less and thus people are leaving because it's too much of a time sink...so they're creating ways to make it easier and quicker to do things. Then all the hardcore players who DO have a lot of time...bitch and complain about it being too easy. You'll never find a good balance in these types of games. I myself went from being hardcore during LK and Cata days to just casual...maybe playing 5 to 10 hours a week. Just enough to run LFR and level up some new toons.

- - - Updated - - -

Personally I prefer everything in this game to be quick and easy. If it was anything like it was in Vanilla WoW I'd stop playing. I need to go out...have a life...date...have a job...workout...play other games...do other hobbies. And that's not a knock to people who only work...come home and play this game...go to sleep and do it all over again. But me personally...I need some variety in my life.