Deleted
    What the hell did they buy?
    The majority of the stuff on the store is pants, not literally ;p

Perhaps bag slots, char` slots etc for every class?

Think most I ever had gems wise was 2k, but I got those given courtesy of MistLeague.
    I think I bought two lots of gems way back when I played, to aid in the gathering tools, but tbh appart from that, nothing seemed of use in store to me.
    Last edited by mmoca2c81d9292; 2014-02-04 at 11:10 PM.

Storage is quite expensive for what you get so probably wasted a lot on that. Then there's prof slots, account upgrade, BLKeys,...

Lots of stuff to sink money in.
    In most cases, I understand the other side's viewpoint and how they came to it, but cannot tolerate their stubbornness to not see mine (the right one).

No idea. I started to say I couldn't find that much to spend them on, but looking at the TP I suppose I could. Maxed out bank tabs, collections, and bag slots. Transmutation crystals so I could change my look whenever I wanted, same with makeover kits. Infinite tools on all my alts. All the vanity items I wanted (not that there are that many but it would add up), etc.

Still can't fathom even having enough gold to buy 200k gems though, omg.
    "We must now recognize that the greatest threat of freedom for us all is if we go back to eating ourselves out from within." - John Anderson

I've only spent real money for gems once, at the beginning to buy character slots.

otherwise every single gem purchase was done by gold.

You could probably spend a lot on keys trying to get weapons skins. I don't know, I've bought a shit ton of character slots and a few armor sets all from gold purchased gems. I haven't spent 30k gems, but I know I could if I had them.

My bf bought 1600 gems for us for Christmas '12 so we could each get two character slots. I suggested we wait until January 1st to spend them in case Anet had a New Year's sale, which wasn't easy because we wanted to make our new characters! Well, 2 days later Anet has their (surprise) "New Year's" sale with, of course, character slots. So, since I have never had an issue with this with any other company, I requested they honor the sale price. They refused. I then requested a refund, which they also refused. I was then told that despite what their gem refunds page says (which does not in any way indicate this policy), they never give gem refunds on anything unless it's something like accidentally purchasing multiple CE upgrades for the same account.

That's the last time Anet saw any money out of us. The sad thing is that if they'd actually honored the sale price we were planning on buying more gems for more character slots and there was something else we wanted in the sale too, but I can't remember what it was. Not to mention future purchases. I get that with "whales" Anet probably isn't hurting for our comparatively paltry offerings, but I still think it's bad business. It also didn't make any sense to me after hearing all the game purchase refunds they gave to people who actually owned the game for a month+ and/or had leveled a character to 80.

Anyway, we voted with our wallets. Every other gem purchase we've made has been with gold.
    "We must now recognize that the greatest threat of freedom for us all is if we go back to eating ourselves out from within." - John Anderson

Quote Originally Posted by Lane View Post
    Anyway, we voted with our wallets. Every other gem purchase we've made has been with gold.
    Likewise, I'd spent maybe $30 over the course of several months and also bought gems with gold for various purchases. At one point they had the pirates outfit (town clothes) on sale, so I figured "hey, why not" and bought it. It sucks, really. It's one of those sets where the chest piece covers a lot more than it should and such. Also, the color patterns are all screwed up where you dye... anyway, hated it and they told me "we don't give refunds for gem purchases". So no more $ for gems for me.

Deleted
    No need to buy keys if you can farm them for like 15 minutes. All you need is a free character slot :3
    Sadly I had no luck yet and I might never be able to get 1 ticket.

I did the math once with the chance of geting a key, it's not worth farming them at all.
    In most cases, I understand the other side's viewpoint and how they came to it, but cannot tolerate their stubbornness to not see mine (the right one).

ever since the first halloween I haven't bothered with any lockbox

I've got 9 scraps and an open character slot, but even though I like a few of the skins, I don't have an alt that I want to give one to, so not too worried.

10+ Year Old Account
    Adding a WvW rank requirement to make a legendary is a really bad move imo. I thought WvW was doing well, why are they trying to funnel more people there?
    They need to focus on the empty PvE zones.

What are you on about?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Meledelion View Post
    What are you on about?
    The newly added rank requirement for the gift of battle.

since when did they add any wvw rank requirement for a legendary?

hmm, I checked on that and they added that today.

well for pve players at least they can buy rank with laurels, so that is one way to go
    Last edited by Valeron; 2014-02-05 at 03:26 AM.

Eventhough I'm well over r30 I agree that this change is retarded...

Quote Originally Posted by Fernling306 View Post
    Adding a WvW rank requirement to make a legendary is a really bad move imo.
    Yea, that would be really... bad.

Anet make a lot of weird or bad design decisions. I mean historically they are not the most respectable of developers. Their core gameplay systems are usually solid. But everything else in their games tends to be hit-or-miss at best, disgraceful at worst.
    Last edited by Fencers; 2014-02-05 at 05:00 AM.

Deleted
    I bet there`ll be a lot of grumpy kittens on the forums over this, & rightly so.
    Found one already: https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/foru...g-from-WvW-NPC

I just don`t see the point of anet, or any firm, forcing players into doing something they hate. There was plenty of WvWers complaining of the low loots/rng etc on trrying to get the basics in the past.
    Now it`ll be PvErs having to PvP & taking up slots that the PvPers could be using. But 30 ranks?

*tin foil hat*
    Hmm, perhaps those wanting to rush this PvP they don`t want to do, will pay to move to a Zergver to get through it faster. Kaching?

That should be less of a big deal when they move all wvw rank points into one pool for the account.

I think the idea is that to get the best stuff you should have to do everything the game has to offer. The fallout should be interesting to watch.

Do everything, or just grind gold...

I've said it before, but it's faster to just grind gold for legendaries (and buy them straight off the TP) than to gather all the karma etc.