10+ Year Old Account

How to Solo: Been Waiting a Long Time for This

Hey everyone. I figured I'd share this particular video I made since it's what a lot of people tend to miss or just aren't sure how to do by themselves. I try to cover as much as possible, so that even if you're new to ICC, you can still get a good idea of what to expect.

If you have any questions, feel free to ask. I do these sort of videos every week. :3

Heroic
    Last edited by Cinnamohn; 2013-03-23 at 03:15 PM.

Deleted
    Impressive Do you also solo LK 25m hc ?

10+ Year Old Account
    Maybe one day. I just did 10-man heroic this morning and it was a little bit tougher than I had expected. 25-man heroic requires well over 100k dps, which is somewhat hard for me to maintain when dealing with all of the mechanics of the fight. Being sucked into frostmourne wastes a ton of time. :\

Great video , good break down ...thanks for sharing

I'll bump this as it's still an informative video (although, you mumble, I couldn't understand half of what you said, but I got the gist of it lol)

I just did that as 506 BM Hunter, porcupine spirit beast pet.
    This fight was easy enough but VERY gimmicky for me.
    I forgot I didn't glyph MD, which was annoying cause even when I was just sitting there doing nothing, sure enough, 3 of those ghouls or a shambler would wander over to me ... and Feign Death just had to be off cooldown.
    Little annoying things like that happened to me ... The shambler carrying the plague was at 3 stacks, it aggro'd onto me for some reason. It died. I got the stacks. It killed me cause I had to get Infest then as well ...
    Lag made me miss the Disengage when the Val'kyr got me ...
    I tried to skip the val'kyr part by dismissing my pet only for Infest to get me again lol ...

Uh, anyway. I didn't do it your way, by Distracting a ghoul out to me each time they were summoned, I simply let him summon 4 packs of ghouls, then when I got the plague, I gave it to a ghoul, then sat back and watched the plagues rack up. Think it got to 43 or something.
    By some miracle chance I didn't get a val'kyr, although he did the emote twice during P2 but I got him to another transmission phase before they got me.

It was very rewarding as this was the ONLY achievement holding me back from the mount and I had been chasing it, literally, for YEARS. So thanks!
    1st May 2013-->1st April 2014
    105lb-->166lb
    Bench/Squat/Deadlift 1RMs - 20kg/20kg/40kg-->100kg/162.5kg/210kg

Running geneswests 5/3/1

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by get big or die mirin View Post
    I'll bump this as it's still an informative video (although, you mumble, I couldn't understand half of what you said, but I got the gist of it lol)

I just did that as 506 BM Hunter, porcupine spirit beast pet.
    This fight was easy enough but VERY gimmicky for me.
    I forgot I didn't glyph MD, which was annoying cause even when I was just sitting there doing nothing, sure enough, 3 of those ghouls or a shambler would wander over to me ... and Feign Death just had to be off cooldown.
    Little annoying things like that happened to me ... The shambler carrying the plague was at 3 stacks, it aggro'd onto me for some reason. It died. I got the stacks. It killed me cause I had to get Infest then as well ...
    Lag made me miss the Disengage when the Val'kyr got me ...
    I tried to skip the val'kyr part by dismissing my pet only for Infest to get me again lol ...

Uh, anyway. I didn't do it your way, by Distracting a ghoul out to me each time they were summoned, I simply let him summon 4 packs of ghouls, then when I got the plague, I gave it to a ghoul, then sat back and watched the plagues rack up. Think it got to 43 or something.
    By some miracle chance I didn't get a val'kyr, although he did the emote twice during P2 but I got him to another transmission phase before they got me.

It was very rewarding as this was the ONLY achievement holding me back from the mount and I had been chasing it, literally, for YEARS. So thanks!
    As long as you have been melee hit by a spirit or the boss you will be marked as a tank from the valk's and not get picked ever.

EJ has a lovely thread on a lot of the soloable content by hunters, you should check it out.

Most challenging so far was gunship 25hc and faction champions 25hc.

Soloing 25H LK is actually quite easy.

Quote Originally Posted by Colbre View Post
    Soloing 25H LK is actually quite easy.
    yeah, comparably with the ones I mentioned anyway.

10+ Year Old Account
    Solo'd 25m heroic last night and ended up living the blast at the end, that should have killed me lol. popped deterrence right at 10% hp. didn't expect to live though it hehe

Slight bump, used the information here and comments on the youtube page to solo the 25 man version of this achievement.

Spirit bond talent is a must, spirit beast healing is also handy. For my kill i let two plagues drop off without passing to a ghoul (otherwise there wouldn't be enough adds to pass the plague around), also dpsing the boss to around 90%. On the third plague i stood in the clump of LK+adds till it fell off. For the rest of the first phase I just moved behind a pillar and feigned death to LoS the infests and avoid additional plagues. Tenacity pet + spirit mend (apparently you can do this while feigned) till 30 stacks on an add, then kill as usual. Don't forget to distracting shot the boss periodically to avoid being picked up by the valkyr's.

Done at ilvl 556 (flex+ordos geared). I'm clumsy, and a keyboard turner, so I'm sure you could do this at a much lower ilvl, especially if you used stam buffs for more effective healing.

Hope this inspires someone. Incidentally also soloed the full house achievement in 25 man earlier in the day and this completed my meta, years late.

@toast, I'm actually in the same boots as you are: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ment#168:a4603

I've been soloing LK 25 HC for a while. Couldn't be arsed to try those two, but seeing as they are attainable, I might actually get my meta this month I'll keep you posted when I do it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Given I can solo firelands 10 normal up to Baleroc, how easy is soloing ICC-25 normal as a 550 hunter? The worst part about achievement hunting is having people with 0 clue about the raid so I hope to reach up to LK-25 by myself and get the last achievement for the meta. Of course I'll need more than my spirit beast for Valthiria and Gunship.

ICC - 25 normal is pretty easy to solo aside from maybe Valithria, you'll need 5 spirit beasts for this to keep dismissing and spamming spirit mend.

Gunship just make sure you hop out of the gun and quickly AoE down the adds that spawn on your boat. Take glyph of disengage and you can just jump across to the other ship no problem and 1 shot the mage. I usually play Surv for this and multishot the other adds on the way back across and while waiting for disengage CD to come back up. Killing off these adds like this limits the amount of damage they do to your ship, and therefore buys you time.

The rest are pretty straight forward, just DPS.

Don't forget you can freely switch back and forth between 10 man and 25 man normal modes (not heroic, that will lock you in). I couldn't solo 25 man gunship, and I doubt I could solo 25 man valithria, but they are both straightforward (if annoying) in 10 man.