Page 14 of 18 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Superman-BladesEdge View Post
    So I need to just allow the kiddie ganker to enjoy his time exploiting a function which should not exist to begin with? Riiiiiight. As for opening tickets, I've made 5 in 7 years... and 4 of them were legit issues. Maybe, instead of telling others how to enjoy their game, you could allow Blizz to hear the request for a resolution and produce one. Then again, we would not have need of a resolution if bored PvPers could keep their ADHD under control for 5 minutes.
    Then again, I played 2 years on a PvE realm and been flag pvp several time when doing dungeons ( Burning Crusade) while sharing buff with other's.
    And 6 or 7 years on PvP server's

I never had an issue about the evils ganker's or griefer's and always find a solution.

I bet you guys playing with your level 55 around the Dark Portal or expectating to do all of quest in hellfire peninsula while level 58 on your ground mount while pvp flag and bitching in /1 General that some level 90 just killed your toon

So much arguing. If someone doesn't want to PVP, they should be able to disable it. Permanently. Only griefers whine about "you shouldn't accidently flag yourself". Well, your party is over.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Phuongvi View Post
    I never had an issue about the evils ganker's or griefer's and always find a solution
    You know that feeling when people are talking about a problem with people, and you look around and wonder who these people are that are causing the problem...well...likely that means you're the problem. Judging from your attitude, it seems fitting. Truth can invite hostility, but it's ok. We all hear that you are angry. If this doesn't affect you, there's really no reason to comment on it and certainly no reason to get angry and ramble off about it.
    BAD WOLF

10+ Year Old Account
    Then again, I played 2 years on a PvE realm and been flag pvp several time when doing dungeons ( Burning Crusade) while sharing buff with other's.
    And 6 or 7 years on PvP server's

I never had an issue about the evils ganker's or griefer's and always find a solution.

I bet you guys playing with your level 55 around the Dark Portal or expectating to do all of quest in hellfire peninsula while level 58 on your ground mount while pvp flag and bitching in /1 General that some level 90 just killed your toon
    Which is why I left PvP and went to a PvE realm years ago. During TBC when you could not fly til 70, and it was usually some raid geared 70 who would swoop down on his way to Shat and take you to the woodshed I left in 2007 and never looked back. Now, I get some lvl 90 troll druid flagged and stealthed sitting on the NPC at the Lunar festival. Not realizing he is there, I go to interact with the NPC and BAM. Killed by 5 guards. He meanwhile surfaces and is not killed since he did not swing back at me. THAT is the kind of bullshit I will be happy to see removed from my realm in WoD.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelimbror View Post
    You know that feeling when people are talking about a problem with people, and you look around and wonder who these people are that are causing the problem...well...likely that means you're the problem. Judging from your attitude, it seems fitting. Truth can invite hostility, but it's ok. We all hear that you are angry. If this doesn't affect you, there's really no reason to comment on it and certainly no reason to get angry and ramble off about it.
    I don't see why I am part of the problem when I can always find a way to avoid getting my toon rape by gankers
    All I see is that you want to be feed with a spoon by Blizzard and don't want to help yourself

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't see why I am part of the problem when I can always find a way to avoid getting my toon rape by gankers
    All I see is that you want to be feed with a spoon by Blizzard and don't want to help yourself
    What we want is for Blizz to take that spoon and crack it over the knuckles of assholes who feed on the trolling of others via the use of a PvP exploit. You are likely part of the problem and will be a sad little panda when those of us on PvE realms permanently trigger that no pvp flag. You will have to fly off and find someone else to fuck with.

You are likely part of the problem and will be a sad little panda when those of us on PvE realms permanently trigger that no pvp flag. You will have to fly off and find someone else to fuck with.
    Yeah my favorite exploit is, with my rogue of course, go sit on a chest (wait and wait for hour because I have no life)
    and wait for someone to come click on the chest and instead he's clicking on me, then he turn pvp flag and then bang, one shot.

over and over again

Now you can say I am really part of the problem, happy now ?

10+ Year Old Account
    Now you can say I am really part of the problem, happy now
    You were part of the problem the moment you joined the discussion. If you don't add to the problem with your in game actions then you have even less reason to speak with such ignorance and disrespect of the issue. No one will take you seriously when all you can do is insult people who choose to play a different style of game than you. A style, I might add, that is fully supported and created by Blizzard. Are people who similarly play single player games also being spoon fed by their developers? How dare they have the audacity to play a single player game where someone else can't kill them through devious means!
    BAD WOLF

Quote Originally Posted by stgeorge78 View Post
    So much arguing. If someone doesn't want to PVP, they should be able to disable it. Permanently. Only griefers whine about "you shouldn't accidently flag yourself". Well, your party is over.
    But then why isnt the same doable for PvPers who don't want to deal with Hostile mobs bothering them?

But Blizzard wont make such a change because then flipping on PvP would let you get past anything. Its a double standard and shouldn't be implemented

- - - Updated - - -

What we want is for Blizz to take that spoon and crack it over the knuckles of assholes who feed on the trolling of others via the use of a PvP exploit. You are likely part of the problem and will be a sad little panda when those of us on PvE realms permanently trigger that no pvp flag. You will have to fly off and find someone else to fuck with.
    I'm an asshole for killing you in PvP?

its not an exploit. Attack a flagged player and you are flagged. Sorry that its hard for you to NOT attack flagged players.

And don't worry, starting zones will still be crushed. Nothing can stop players from attacking NPCs and anything but 95 guards are easy to kill

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Giscoicus View Post
    Uh no. In PvE, on a PvE server. Good try though!
    BAD WOLF

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Giscoicus View Post

its not an exploit. Attack a flagged player and you are flagged. Sorry that its hard for you to NOT attack flagged players.

And don't worry, starting zones will still be crushed. Nothing can stop players from attacking NPCs and anything but 95 guards are easy to kill
    That depends, do you flag for PvP and stand on top of NPCs or deliberately jump into frame flagged in the hopes of flagging someone?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MyLifeIsRandom View Post
    Isn't the main premise of the game Horde vs Alliance? Also, how do you accidentally flag yourself?
    That is correct..
    But the existence of the PVE realms shows that this war is fought in various aspects. One in which the players engage actively by not only fighting the content itself, but also each other, for that there are the PVP realms. And then there's the content itself, which is and always was having the lore aspect of the war present, but only as the PVE aspect. Customers should (and usually are) be free to choose which aspect they want to take part at.
    Forcing/tricking players into PVP activities on PVE realms is as much wrong, as it would be if PVP players could be tricked into PVE stance to make them unable to fight their opponents, and the opponent could use this mechanic to hinder the gameplay of the PVP Player.
    Oddly enough only the former is possible, the latter is impossible.
    Asides from sanctuaries, there is no way to unflag a PVP player through any mechanic present in the game. The equivalent mechanic would be that on a PVP realm either one of the two Horde or Alliance would be able to turn themselves into an ally of the other player, making it impossible for him to attack.
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildtree View Post
    *snip*
    It would be like being able to go in a BG or Arena and cast a spell to render a player neutral and unable to attack or be attacked. So instead of doing the content they wanted to do, now they have to just stand there and wait for their debuff to fade and won't get any honor or conquest points during that time. It effectively prevents them from doing the content they chose to do.
    BAD WOLF

like i said, if you dont want the other faction killing you go play skyrim or animal crossing.

seriously the Point of WoW is a WAR between 2factions, otherwise we wouldn't need factions at all, wed all be neutral. we would be raiding cross faction all races mixed(maybe wow will become this one day), but as of right now, horde is opposed to alliance, if they have an opportunity to kill you it would be wrong not to take it even on a pve server.

and you best be damned right i do everything in my power to flag other players on Ti for the sake of controversy, w/o it the war dies down and no one wants to come after me, and i want my bloody coins mind you in addition to the thrill of fighting people that can only come w/ element of surprise in a Open world environment. same faction or different faction, if i can kill you I'm going to, if i Cant kill you I'm going to try, this comes before questing, this is more important then getting my items upgraded. world HK's is where it's at. after all I'm here to have fun, not simply watch my item lvl go up

- - - Updated - - -

also, go watch the trailer to WoW, the ORIGINAL one, and try again to tell me that World Horde vs Alliance violence ISN'T the whole point, in fact, the ONLY POINT portrayed in the video

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelimbror View Post
    It would be like being able to go in a BG or Arena and cast a spell to render a player neutral and unable to attack or be attacked. So instead of doing the content they wanted to do, now they have to just stand there and wait for their debuff to fade and won't get any honor or conquest points during that time. It effectively prevents them from doing the content they chose to do.
    Yeah, that's another excellent example.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by isaaru View Post
    seriously the Point of WoW is a WAR between 2factions
    Is it really? Tell that to the plethora of raids and dungeons we've had since WoW started. Looks to me like the point of WoW is PvE progression. Can you tell me with a straight face that PvP and the 'war' has received remotely similar development resources since the game launched? No, I didn't think so. Not to mention that your point is entirely irrelevant as a PvE server is designed intently for no PvP conflict unless opting into it. So if it's possible, you're doubly wrong.
    BAD WOLF

10+ Year Old Account
    like i said, if you dont want the other faction killing you go play skyrim or animal crossing.
    NO, people play WoW because that's how the game is offered. Blizzard offers the game to be played with either aspect predominant. Either PVP or PVE.
    That's also why you will have to face consequences of penalties up to account termination for the very same actions carried out on PVE realms, but none on PVP realms.
    And you are better off, to learn the differences.

PVP Players are absolutely correct when they tell others off to go to PVE realms, when they bitch about PVP mechanics present on PVP realms. But PVE realms are not PVP realms, and for that reason you are the one being shunned off. You are even getting punished, depending on what you do.
    Anything else you've said here is therefore invalid from the start.

WoW is NOT a pure PVP game. It never was, it never will be.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account

seriously the Point of WoW is a WAR between 2factions, otherwise we wouldn't need factions at all, wed all be neutral. we would be raiding cross faction all races mixed(maybe wow will become this one day), but as of right now, horde is opposed to alliance, if they have an opportunity to kill you it would be wrong not to take it even on a pve server.

and you best be damned right i do everything in my power to flag other players on Ti for the sake of controversy, w/o it the war dies down and no one wants to come after me, and i want my bloody coins mind you in addition to the thrill of fighting people that can only come w/ element of surprise in a Open world environment. same faction or different faction, if i can kill you I'm going to, if i Cant kill you I'm going to try, this comes before questing, this is more important then getting my items upgraded. world HK's is where it's at. after all I'm here to have fun, not simply watch my item lvl go up
    Once again, someone who completely misses the point.

Look, I understand that there are people out there who enjoy competition with other players in a largely uncontrolled environment (read: world pvp), and I am totally cool with that, I hope you guys find plenty of other people who enjoy that activity. I am one of those people who largely detests pvp (yes I am bad at pvp), and I will do whatever it takes to avoid that activity.

At it's core (and how the game has been developed over the years), WoW is a PvE game, with the PvP side tacked on. If they could find a way to separate the two so that changes to the PvE side doesn't affect the PvP side, I would be all for that. Notice how I am not asking PvP to be removed just because I don't like it.

Imagine if you will, as a PvP player, in an effort to increase your gear level, or conquest, or honor, or whatever you had to do - Blizzard made it so that you had to kill a certain boss in a raid. Wouldn't that be forcing PvE on people who only want to focus on the PvP aspect? I bet you'd hear a lot of whining from the PvP crowd because they'd be forced to do something they weren't intending on doing. I mean, you had this issue in previous expansions with trinkets and weapons that happened to be BiS for PvP players, and they didn't want to be forced to raid just to have the best items. The reverse is true for the PvE crowd with the legendary quest. I HATED doing the two BGs just to fulfill that part of the questline. I know it was only two, and I got fairly lucky and only lost a couple of battles for each, but still. It was an activity I HAD to partake in in order to increase the strength of my character.

It's the WHOLE reason I rolled on a PvE server; call me a carebear or whatever, I don't give an aviating intercourse. I HATE PvP, and I don't want to carefully monitor the way I navigate the world just to avoid the one thing and the entire reason I rolled a toon on a PvE server. If I fall down the stairs and hit my head and then log on and decide - in my woozy state - that I want to PvP, the options are still there for me to do that.
    I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Never played on a PvE realm, sounds... boring to me.

World of Warcraft?

Each to their own I guess...

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    I like the idea of there being a no way to get flagged option for PVE realms. The hassle of accidentally getting flagged due to some flagged player standing on top of a quest npc or what ever was always a pain.. Heck on my realm which is PVE we have loads of both sides riding around flagged and pretty much no one goes after them because they don't want the hassle..

Thing is if you want to go full time PVP go to a PVP server people go to PVE servers because either A: they don't like PVP or B: are not good at PVP..

The only time we do get conflict is when you get flagged douche bags causing strife on the world bosses on the Isle but in the end most see it more of an inconvenient annoyance as most are just wanting to get their weekly world boss thing done and then go about their business..
    Last edited by grexly75; 2014-02-05 at 05:08 PM.