Page 15 of 18 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Doktor Faustus View Post
    Never played on a PvE realm, sounds... boring to me.

World of Warcraft?

Each to their own I guess...
    Correct, and you are more than welcome to continue playing on a pvp server where this has no effect on you. Good day sir.
    I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by isaaru View Post
    also, go watch the trailer to WoW, the ORIGINAL one, and try again to tell me that World Horde vs Alliance violence ISN'T the whole point, in fact, the ONLY POINT portrayed in the video
    Yet both sides constantly face off against big bosses who are neither Horde nor Alliance, and for each, there is always members of both factions working together standing right outside. Night elves and Tauren outside AQ, Bloodelf outside Molten Core (even for alliance), Orcs and elves outside Firelands, Humans and undead in ICC, and the list goes on. The ultimate conflict is always between the two factions and some 3rd party badguy. It has not been Orcs vs. Humans since the RTS. There may be conflict between the Alliance and the Horde, but that will forever be shadowed by the next big bad. Oh, and for the record, each new big bad is a PvE boss in a PvE instance. There is no PvP anywhere nearby, even on PvP realms.

You might want to understand that PvP is a side distraction to a larger game, and 18/20 lowests pop realms in WoW... all PvP.

10+ Year Old Account

World of Warcraft?

Each to their own I guess...
    Yes, it's war with PVE as well, not just PVP.
    Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings.
    To resist the influence of others, knowledge of oneself is most important.

Well, at least this is only for Pve reservations.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by grexly75 View Post
    I like the idea of there being a no way to get flagged option for PVE realms. The hassle of accidentally getting flagged due to some flagged player standing on top of a quest npc or what ever was always a pain.. Heck on my realm which is PVE we have loads of both sides riding around flagged and pretty much no one goes after them because they don't want the hassle..

Thing is if you want to go full time PVP go to a PVP server people go to PVE servers because either A: they don't like PVP or B: are not good at PVP..

The only time we do get conflict is when you get flagged douche bags causing strife on the world bosses on the Isle but in the end most see it more of an inconvenient annoyance as most are just wanting to get their weekly world boss thing done and then go about their business..
    Perhaps you would prefer it if Blizzard just implemented a giant 'You Win!' button you can push as soon as you log in? Zero hassle or annoyance!
    "In today’s America, conservatives who actually want to conserve are as rare as liberals who actually want to liberate. The once-significant language of an earlier era has had the meaning sucked right out of it, the better to serve as camouflage for a kleptocratic feeding frenzy in which both establishment parties participate with equal abandon" (Taking a break from the criminal, incompetent liars at the NSA, to bring you the above political observation, from The Archdruid Report.)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ringpriest View Post
    Perhaps you would prefer it if Blizzard just implemented a giant 'You Win!' button you can push as soon as you log in? Zero hassle or annoyance!
    Only if it meant they were phasing people like you

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vargur View Post
    Yes, it's war with PVE as well, not just PVP.
    Aye, factions mmm.

I don't really PvP, but World PvP makes me feel... frustrated/annoyed/angry/happy/estactic/hillarious.

Full fat please!

Quote Originally Posted by Tommo View Post
    Well congrats for neutering your own game, yet another pander for no reason. If people are so bad they cant handle an MMO they shouldnt be playing one. I dont understand why you bother playing WoW if you want a dungeon simular go play Monster Hunter. All this whining is what led to the removal of twinks and wpvp and god knows what else.
    "Whining" talking about yourself much?

If you want world PvP so badly on PvE realms (not PvP realms which are unaffected) why not give people reasons to actually flag on a PvE realm instead of making them be tricked into it? What I mentioned earlier I think would have been perfect, an ability to get a Bloody Coin from a Censer every 10 minutes.

You'd be able to kill a Censer for a Bloody Coin (if you win) and in return be opened up to attack for 5 minutes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by voidspark View Post
    "Whining" talking about yourself much?

If you want world PvP so badly on PvE realms (not PvP realms which are unaffected) why not give people reasons to actually flag on a PvE realm instead of making them be tricked into it? What I mentioned earlier I think would have been perfect, an ability to get a Bloody Coin from a Censer every 10 minutes.

You'd be able to kill a Censer for a Bloody Coin (if you win) and in return be opened up to attack for 5 minutes.
    Problem is, we've seem to have two overlapping discussions here. Discussion #1: Getting Bloody Coins on Timeless Isle on a PvE realm inevitably involves suckering other players into flagging for PvP, which is arguably bad design. Discussion #2: Being able to ever involuntarily flag for PvP on a PvE realm is (rightly or wrongly) offensive to some players who don't ever want to PvP outside of instanced segments of the game.
    "In today’s America, conservatives who actually want to conserve are as rare as liberals who actually want to liberate. The once-significant language of an earlier era has had the meaning sucked right out of it, the better to serve as camouflage for a kleptocratic feeding frenzy in which both establishment parties participate with equal abandon" (Taking a break from the criminal, incompetent liars at the NSA, to bring you the above political observation, from The Archdruid Report.)

I don't see what the problem is. If you are on a PvE server and hate this change, maybe you belong on a PvP server. After all, world PvPers have been telling more PvE type players to transfer to PvE servers for years if they dislike forced PvP. And, if you like world PvP and already play on a PvP server, then this will change nothing for you, so you shouldn't care.

Maybe I'm biased as I've always played on a PVP realm, but this seems like a lot of work to fix some minor issues with PVP flagging.

I get that some people REALLY HATE PVP so must get super mad when they get ganked on a PVE server.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Maybe I'm biased as I've always played on a PVP realm, but this seems like a lot of work to fix some minor issues with PVP flagging.

I get that some people REALLY HATE PVP so must get super mad when they get ganked on a PVE server.
    We hate PvP so much we just NEVER WANT TO FLAG. PERIOD.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by rebecca191 View Post
    I don't see what the problem is. If you are on a PvE server and hate this change, maybe you belong on a PvP server. After all, world PvPers have been telling more PvE type players to transfer to PvE servers for years if they dislike forced PvP. And, if you like world PvP and already play on a PvP server, then this will change nothing for you, so you shouldn't care.
    Precisely this. Thank you.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tommo View Post
    Well congrats for neutering your own game, yet another pander for no reason.

If people are so bad they cant handle an MMO they shouldnt be playing one. I dont understand why you bother playing WoW if you want a dungeon simular go play Monster Hunter.

All this whining is what led to the removal of twinks and wpvp and god knows what else.
    I love the MMO. In fact, I am race changing to a Gnome, and moving to an RP realm. What I HATE is PvP. PvPers are primarily asshats who love to beat up on one another. If that is your idea of fun, good for you. But I play on PvE (soon RP as of tomorrow) to AVOID PvP and the asshats who come with it. I am glad I am finally getting a toggle which prevents me from EVER FLAGGING AGAIN, unless I get high on smack and enter a BG. PvP is the most HORRIBLE aspect of this game, and it is the player's attitudes which makes it such.

Enjoy your PvP realm. I will be NO WHERE NEAR IT.

I don't get ganked often on a pvp realm. I can't imagine people on a pve realm have it "worse" than me. If getting killed by another player once in a blue moon on a pve realm upsets you that much, maybe you need counseling for depression or something.

Well damn, no more getting idiots to click on me so i can kill them.

Quote Originally Posted by Coraulten View Post
    Well damn, no more getting idiots to click on me so i can kill them.
    Blizzard needs to give incentives to PvE players on PvE realms for things such as the Censor - the person with Censor has the incentive of getting coins to buy stuff, but there is NO PvE style incentive to flag to attack those people.

Answer - either remove such things from PvE realms, or give a PvE incentive (e.g. Shaoeo rep) for killing Censor enabled players.

On PvP realms - that incentive is not required, as everyone is PvP flagged already.

10+ Year Old Account
    This is fantastic. pvp heroes on the wrong server can finally shut up and go back to a place where they are on the bottom of the pile- aka an actual pvp server

I await the QQ of "non-griefers are ruining world pvp!" with relish

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by tumppu View Post
    About time, is all I can say. While certainly not the biggest issue, its one that should have been fixed right from the start. All of the "click carefully" crowd can carefully go pvp on a pvp realm.
    You have no idea how much I love this sentiment, as it is NEVER thrown up at pvp animals even remotely as often we we're told to go carebear ourselves. Also, on another note have you ever notices how the most creepy posts come from pvpers? those not-quite rp rage rants are nearly 100% some orc flipping out
    Wrath baby and proud of it

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account

World of Warcraft?.
    Queue up for a BG - problem solved

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dwightyo39 View Post
    I don't get ganked often on a pvp realm. I can't imagine people on a pve realm have it "worse" than me. If getting killed by another player once in a blue moon on a pve realm upsets you that much, maybe you need counseling for depression or something.

Or we aren't upset at all, and welcome a change that means we don't die when we shouldn't anymore.
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.

10+ Year Old Account
    They should just disable PVP all together on PVE realms along with battleground. You don't want to PvP in the world you shouldn't have the right to join BGs. BGs might become fun again when they are full with people who have already learnt to defend themselves not people who have never learnt to PvP becoming a push over.
    Aye mate

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Airwaves View Post
    They should just disable PVP all together on PVE realms along with battleground. You don't want to PvP in the world you shouldn't have the right to join BGs. BGs might become fun again when they are full with people who have already learnt to defend themselves not people who have never learnt to PvP becoming a push over.
    People should still have the option to flag for PvP, and join Battlegrounds. This was not a "REMOVE" a feature. This is a "IMPROVE" a feature by ADDING a single option. Some people who PvE enjoy PvP and are really good at it. Then there are those of us who HATE PvP with the fire of a thousand suns simply because of the mentality of PvPers, particularly those who get bored and pull cheap stunts like this. The only thing this will "limit" is the unsuspecting PvEer from becoming inadvertently flagged because of some bored asshat.