Thread: Server merge?

Deleted

Server merge?

Hey

Can somebody enlighten me why they only merge small servers with small servers , instead
    of mergin a large one wit a small one and and pass free migration to the smaller one? Would be win win for everyone?
    Ppl would not be forced to leave or seperate their guilds and no queue times anymore?and the small one would gain some
    healthy ppl?

10+ Year Old Account
    Less people impacted if something goes wrong

Small and large servers have different cultures. Makes more sense, to me, to combine a few small ponds ... than to dump a small pond into a lake.
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

Quote Originally Posted by Count Zero View Post
    Small and large servers have different cultures. Makes more sense, to me, to combine a few small ponds ... than to dump a small pond into a lake.
    I agree. Issue is most people are flooding to high populated servers, and because of websites such as WoW-Progress and WoW-Pop people avoid the low population servers. Which makes sense since you did come to play an MMO and have a population. The issue is the low-medium servers aren't getting more people. I've been on a high population that turned into a low population and I can say it's not fun at all.

Personally have more free transfers up from high population servers to lower ones.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not only what everyone has said but if you think about it, it makes more sense from their side to combine smaller realms together as they're doing to build a moderate-to-large realm than to graft a small realm onto a very large one and accidentally start causing other problems. Large realms are apparently growing on their own and don't need any assistance in becoming larger. If anything some of the largest realms could stand to be slightly smaller.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    If anything some of the largest realms could stand to be slightly smaller.
    I think that's also part of the goal of aiming for medium-high server pops, post Connections. They've said before that FCMs don't really work because people don't want to transfer from a high pop to a low pop realm. And I guess it doesn't make sense to just abandon those low pop realms by not having those be the destinations for the FCMs. Hopefully, with low pop realms coalesced into an effective medium-high realm, it will be less unattractive for people to transfer from the full servers.
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Roamingstorm View Post
    Issue is most people are flooding to high populated servers, and because of websites such as WoW-Progress and WoW-Pop people avoid the low population servers.
    If I'd transfer my chars now, I'd use WoW-Pop to deliberately find the smallest possible server and choose it.
    That said, since it probably would get connected sooner or later, I'll probably just stay on my medium pop one - which luckily should be left alone for another while.

Quote Originally Posted by Count Zero View Post
    I agree. Probably would end up being quite a shock for the people from the former low-pops.