Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Nope. I'm all up for not allowing flying mounts in WoD for more exploration and all but I think removing flight paths didn't help that at all, if anything it just made people want to spam dungeon ques more. At least I didn't bother to run from Org to Tanaris when I hit 40 because of zero flight paths available when I wanted to do something else besides dungeons.

They should change it back for Kalimdor/Eastern Kingdoms at least.

Good, I hated having all flight paths auto available. Ruined the sense of progression via exploration.
    If you like my draw-rings. http://yig.deviantart.com/
    If you can't find them for some reason beyond that page. http://yig.deviantart.com/gallery/
    WOW screenshot and concept art gallery http://smg.photobucket.com/user/evilknick/library/WoW

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Never bothered. "Bug" my ass

Finding a new flight path is as rewarding as finding an upgrade for your gloves or weapon while leveling. it's unfortunate people would rather be playing in a world of instances and portals when one of the biggest ambitions of WOW's development was to make a world the size of WOW's with continents free of instancing between individual zones, so you feel like you can walk from the forest you're in to the mountain on that horizon. At one time we talked about that as only a dream to see in games, I guess that's just for a niche of people.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by tangers58 View Post
    Never bothered. "Bug" my ass
    What would be the point in lying when they frequently say "because we say so" left and right. And why risk having a lie exposed for something they could easily say it was so because they like it better that way?

Your knee is jerking.
    Last edited by Yig; 2014-02-06 at 05:56 AM.
    If you like my draw-rings. http://yig.deviantart.com/
    If you can't find them for some reason beyond that page. http://yig.deviantart.com/gallery/
    WOW screenshot and concept art gallery http://smg.photobucket.com/user/evilknick/library/WoW

10+ Year Old Account
    Honestly, I never bother to use flight paths there isn't any reason to go anywhere other than forward.

15+ Year Old Account
    Pain in the ass when doing dungeon leveling I guess :P

I grab them in passing but only in passing. Now for alts going through Pandaria specifically I will try to grab them just for convenience.

Was so happy with automatic FPs, made leveling toons less of a pain and was an even bigger treat in Outland and Northrend.

But nooooo, somehow they think that having to visit someplace by ground travel first equals good gameplay. Why not make FPs unlocked account-wide and be done with it??

Deleted
    The change to the old system made me stick to LFD while leveling. It's rarely worth the effort to actually take the time to mount up and run where you want, especially if you're a horde character wanting to level in Eastern Kingdom.

I'd love to do a couple of quests in EK, but by the time I'm there, I could've outleveled the zone through dungeons and speed is always a main factor for me (and many many others) when leveling.

The change was really bad. I understand them wanting people to explore the world, but one will always go for the faster option. LFD.

Now, half the xp gained from dungeons, double the xp needed to level and then it'll be worth running across a continent for a good zone.

Quote Originally Posted by Yig View Post
    Finding a new flight path is as rewarding as finding an upgrade for your gloves or weapon while leveling to me. it's unfortunate people would rather be playing in a world of instances and portals when one of the biggest ambitions of WOW's development was to make a world the size of WOW's with continents free of instancing between individual zones, so you feel like you can walk from the forest you're in to the mountain on that horizon. At one time we talked about that as only a dream to see in games, I guess that's just for a niche of people.
    Fixed it.

To others, finding flight paths beyond the very first toon is nothing but repetition, and having to ride to already explored places by ground mount just to get the FP is just dragging out the gameplay. Which is why they should make FP's unlocked by account, not per toon. Once I have seen the location of the FP, I remember it just fine.

My original toons have almost all the FPs, and I usually end up with most of the MoP ones as well (P.S. god damn that FP that only appears once you phase in the Horde/Alliance base in Kun Lai). New toons, I don't really bother.

I actually thought it sucked when that FP bug first appeared, I used to enjoy feeling like "oh cool I nabbed that FP, that'll save time" when I found a new one. Glad it was finally fixed, waaaaaay too long afterwards.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by Ticj View Post
    I always thought of it as you simply rented the gryphon from the Flight Master, and since you know where it is, just fly yourself there.
    Please explain why we need to buy Flying skill at 60, and that it doesnt come innately. İmmersionwise we should have it since level 1.

That said, it seems like the flightpoints are more like messengerpidgeons than actual mounts.

Edit: The first flying skill should have been named "Flight Tending Training" or something to that effect for immersion.
    Last edited by Pickwickman; 2014-02-06 at 06:13 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Yig View Post
    What would be the point in lying when they frequently say "because we say so" left and right. And why risk having a lie exposed for something they could easily say it was so because they like it better that way?

Your knee is jerking.
    There were topics and answers about it in the beginning of Cata. Feedback during Cata beta. It wasn't a bug. It took an entire expansion for them to revert the change.

Reason: They want people to travel on the ground more, something they've stressed a lot these past 2½ years.

Some blue poster (maybe even GC) did claim it was a bug though, which was either a lie or misinformation. Auto discover was intended, especially since it reacted with your level. Then someone lied/stated false information.

Why is there even debate that it was a bug? Of course it was. They accidentally applied the "DK" script to unlock all FPs to everyone. It was just too much of a PITA to bother fixing until later when they were working on MoP FPs or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Megamisama View Post
    The change to the old system made me stick to LFD while leveling. It's rarely worth the effort to actually take the time to mount up and run where you want, especially if you're a horde character wanting to level in Eastern Kingdom.

I'd love to do a couple of quests in EK, but by the time I'm there, I could've outleveled the zone through dungeons and speed is always a main factor for me (and many many others) when leveling.

The change was really bad. I understand them wanting people to explore the world, but one will always go for the faster option. LFD.

Now, half the xp gained from dungeons, double the xp needed to level and then it'll be worth running across a continent for a good zone.
    You can easily ride a boat to EK and flag relevant FPs while waiting for the queue to pop.

Or be that guy who begs for a dual seat mount ride there lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

With so many branching paths to level, not auto learning flight paths is just plain archaic. Just last night I finished up with Tanaris around level 50 and got two new options from the Warchief's Board: Un'goro or Winterspring. One look at my map that had zero flights to Stonetalon, Ashenvale, Azshara, or Felwood and I knew where I would definitely be heading next.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    You can easily ride a boat to EK and flag relevant FPs while waiting for the queue to pop.

Or be that guy who begs for a dual seat mount ride there lol.
    Finding someone to boost your queue is always easy. So the choice is either to spam dungens or ignore dungeons and quest.

When I have to spend 15-20 minutes to get to the zone, it's easy to take the lazy (and fast) way to just spam those dungeons.

Begging my sister for a dual seat takes time too since I gotta convince her that she'll get gold (which she most certainly won't) for the effort.

Seriously though, mixing questing and dungeons is very, very rarely optimal.

nope.
    i did not bother to visit them.
    even my older alts that got it during that time period even never visited those places
    i skipped most of the leveling content and just did random dungeons. cba to run around like a mindless chicken for a quest and kill 653478568458456856 mobs for 1 item.

i still remember a quest with crocs, i had to collect their eyes. i killed like 20 crocs and only 1 pair of eyes found. other were blind or something.

anyways, i stopped playing also

Quote Originally Posted by Frizzlewits View Post
    nope.
    i did not bother to visit them.
    even my older alts that got it during that time period even never visited those places
    i skipped most of the leveling content and just did random dungeons. cba to run around like a mindless chicken for a quest and kill 653478568458456856 mobs for 1 item.

i still remember a quest with crocs, i had to collect their eyes. i killed like 20 crocs and only 1 pair of eyes found. other were blind or something.

anyways, i stopped playing also
    Zhevra. Hooves. *PTSD triggers*

Deleted
    Nope. I just chose to LFD level.

Blizzards intended idea of removing auto-learn paths to encourage exploration worked COMPLETELY the opposite way for me. If I could fly to a zone I'd level there. If I had to ride all the way there (anyhing from 10-30mins) I could've outlevelled the zone I'm on the way to, doing LFD.

Quote Originally Posted by Pencil View Post
    Nope. I just chose to LFD level.

Blizzards intended idea of removing auto-learn paths to encourage exploration worked COMPLETELY the opposite way for me. If I could fly to a zone I'd level there. If I had to ride all the way there (anyhing from 10-30mins) I could've outlevelled the zone I'm on the way to, doing LFD.
    I chose LFD too for the same reason and some other reasons such as cross server (that's why I only quest in Pandaria) and I'll probably not leave my garrison til patch 6.1