Deleted

Leveling up my Warlock atm, looking for tips

Hello!

So as the title says, Im lvling up my Lock atm and Im looking for tips on how to play as a whole. I know there is spec guides and so on but im looking for more general Warlock tips like what spec to play in the beginning aswell as maybe some general or maybe hidden tips and tricks on how to dps as a Warlock (keep in mind it doesnt have to be specific to the Warlock class, could be for range DPS as a whole).

As I have only been raiding and mostly playing melee for most of my 9 years as a WoW player I generally dont have any really good idea on how specifically maximize dps as a range.

All tips are welcome

Sincerely, a fellow Warrior.

learn how to use shadowburn properly and you're set for the rest of the game, rotation is easy, to level, i recomend demo/destro. demo till 42 then destro, this is if you're doing dungeons off course, remember to turn pet threatening presence off.

your two most important spells are havoc and shadowburn, make use of them it's the only thing that separates a good warlock to a great warlock.

for the ranged general thing, keep casting all the time. don't jump around like most people do when they're spamming instant cast spells. you have plenty of experience to figure the rest yourself.

also, play with what you want, don't let people come to you and say "you know, you should come as affliction/demo/destro on this boss" fuck this kind of people, play the game to have fun.

I strongly recomend you go destro after lvl 42 and stay destro till you're 90, then go for another spec since the other 2 specs are a bit more complex. at lvl 42 you learn a passive which lets you cast rain of fire without the channeling, remember it doesn't stack so no need to cast multiple rain of fires on the same place, just renew

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zharradan View Post
    learn how to use shadowburn properly and you're set for the rest of the game, rotation is easy, to level, i recomend demo/destro. demo till 42 then destro, this is if you're doing dungeons off course, remember to turn pet threatening presence off.

your two most important spells are havoc and shadowburn, make use of them it's the only thing that separates a good warlock to a great warlock.

for the ranged general thing, keep casting all the time. don't jump around like most people do when they're spamming instant cast spells. you have plenty of experience to figure the rest yourself.

also, play with what you want, don't let people come to you and say "you know, you should come as affliction/demo/destro on this boss" fuck this kind of people, play the game to have fun.

I strongly recomend you go destro after lvl 42 and stay destro till you're 90, then go for another spec since the other 2 specs are a bit more complex. at lvl 42 you learn a passive which lets you cast rain of fire without the channeling, remember it doesn't stack so no need to cast multiple rain of fires on the same place, just renew
    When you are saying to make good use of Havoc and Shadowburn, do you mean combinin them? Or using them seperately at the right time? Speaking of, when is the most efficient time to use instants when casting?

I guess I will learn this in time but it doesnt hurt to come prepared.

Im lvl 88 atm

10+ Year Old Account
    Think he meant both - combining them and using them seperately. Combine by using havoc on 50% health target; shadowburn low health target, and by the time low health target is dead, the previous 50% health target should be low enough to start shadowburning him. Easy way to get 10-15 shadowburns off depending on add count and health and overall dmg of your raid/group. When there's a ton of adds (10+[?]) make sure that its worth doing that though, sometimes FnB incinerating will do more dmg.

And most efficient time to use instants are when you can't cast; you gotta move or if you get silenced alot (Thok).
    As warlock you shouldn't worry about that much though, because last tier talents help you deal with it perfectly. (moving, that is)

Deleted
    Ah, thank you. Cant wait to ding 90

Destro should use Kil Jaeden's cunning so while moving you can cast Incinerate

Deleted
    Yeah the Shadowburn + Havoc combo is lethal and awesome.
    It really pays to make mouseover macros for them. And learn to use them.

Shadowburn macro:
    Code:
    #showtooltip
    /cleartarget [@mouseover,harm,nodead]
    /cast [@mouseover,harm,nodead][]Shadowburn
    /targetlasttarget [@mouseover,harm,nodead]
    Havoc:
    Code:
    #showtooltip
    /cast [@mouseover,harm,nodead][]Havoc
    To make the most efficient use out of them you'll also want to enable nameplates and probably use an addon like Tidyplates to make mobs with <=20% health more obvious and easier to target.

10+ Year Old Account
    I just leveled up my 3rd lvl 90 Warlock (been playing only a Lock as my main for about 8 years now).
    I quested from 1-15. Then I did nothing but instances from 15-85. Then I farmed worms on the Timeless Isle to go from 85-90.

I found Destro to be the best option for leveling.
    Things die very fast in instances, and destruction does a lot of damage within a few globals.

It's very easy to play too. You mostly spam Incinerates. I don't know what level you are, or what spells you have available to give you an actual rotation.

Remember that you don't need to cast everything you have. For example, if your target will live long enough for Immolate to run for it's entire duration, then cast it right away. If not, then don't worry about Immolate and go straight to spamming Incinerates. Follow up your Incinerates with Conflag at lower levels so that they land at the same time. Later on Conflag will speed up the casting of your Incinerates, so it's better to cast Conflag before spamming Incinerate then.

If soloing a mob out in the world, start with a Incinerate since it has travel time.
    Incinerate > Conflag (slows the target and speeds up your next 3 Incinerates) = They will both land at the same time
    Then follow that up with Incinerate spam until dead. Finish with Shadow Burn if you have it.

I'm new to MMO Champ, so I don't know if I will be notified if you reply, but if you let me know your level and what spells you have available to you, I can give specific suggestions.