Page 1 of 8
... LastLast
    Deleted

Doesnt this part of blue posts make u rage?

" same resources [...] less content for those other parts of the game"

Have u noticed how blizzard uses this at every single occasion? Doesnt it make u rage on how immature it is?

Any other company that has a set in stone date when they have to deliver thier products and lacks the resources to do it, does 1 of those 2:
    1) notice thier client that this is impossible to do in this period of time. (setting new dates or loosing a client, depends how much the client is determinated about the dates)
    2) hire more manpower to meet the requirements (keeps the client happy, generates lower income)

And what does blizz do in those situations?
    "less content for those other parts of the game" = reduces the quality of the product, making it even more meh, this avoids them loosing the income value at the end, trying to milk the client while giving him some lame excusses.
    There are many ppl that are looking for employment, talented, could do the job well. But taking them would mean less $$$ for blizzard (higher quality of product in this case means nothing).

Knowing those simple facts, i just boil inside everytime i see "less content for those other parts of the game (due to lack of resources)". Anyone working for more then 2 years already knows how things are on the jobsmarket, so who are they trying to fool? do they rly think that most of thier clients are teenagers?

Simple rule of thumb, everything can be done with 3 possiblities : done good, done fast, done cheap. But i should know that its always only 2 options out of 3 at same time. Above translates to blizzards line of production : done fast + done cheap = wont be good. (just take d3 as example).
    Would u rather like the combo of "done fast + done good = wont be cheap"? (leaving the "overprice topic" alone)

I'm used to it, but quotes like "If we were to work on those for an expansion patch it would quite literally come at the cost of a raid tier." still send me over the edge. Just rude.

I'm gonna go hide in the blizzard fanboy bomb shelter. You're welcome to share it with me before they all show up.

Deleted
    What itches me about that is.... some people say "Hey it's not as easy just hiring more people, because of firm philosophie, design, etc." I get that... But what really goes on my nerves is "The Team for store content is seperate and development of store items won't hinder game developement.... So why not incoroprate the store team into the main design team? Oh I know why... Less store items to sell. Don't get me wrong. I have bought one or two things from the store already. But this is just plain stupid...

Deleted
    Personally i would be okay if they would skip one raid tier to implement moar transmog options!

Quote Originally Posted by Skeletroll View Post
    Personally i would be okay if they would skip one raid tier to implement moar transmog options!
    They skip raid tiers for daily quest fluff patches so it wouldn't surprise me if they did it for that too

10+ Year Old Account
    Personally I think raging about such things is immature, but to each their own I guess

The Lightbringer GKLeatherCraft's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Oh look, someone else who doesn't understand what they're talking about! They cannot just hire more people, When will you people realise this? It takes a high standard of person to be able to work with them, they can't just hire any dev that comes along, and if that makes you "rage" and "boil inside" you need to seek help

I am sure it takes time to get things done, but seriously other companies chug out more content that is graphically superior all the time in much much much shorter time periods. (Note; I love nice graphics, but they aren't the end all be all.) In the end Blizzard at least usually has good polish. (discounting class balance)
    Stay salty my friends.

LOL the lets throw more money/ppl at the problem and it will make it better....

Having a larger team means you may be able to work on 3 projects faster...but 2 slower.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gobra View Post
    Oh look, someone else who doesn't understand what they're talking about! They cannot just hire more people, When will you people realise this? It takes a high standard of person to be able to work with them, they can't just hire any dev that comes along, and if that makes you "rage" and "boil inside" you need to seek help
    It's not even that. Integrating into the culture will delay it, but lets just ignore that. According to blizzard this is a group effort...more people trying to make the decisions...the longer it takes. There will be more opinions/conflicts/directions that have to be argued out.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elrandir View Post
    My starfall brings all the mobs to the yard.
    Laurellen - Druid Smiteyou - lol holy dps

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarix View Post
    They skip raid tiers for daily quest fluff patches so it wouldn't surprise me if they did it for that too
    Name 1? /10 chars
    Ideally no one has ever hit the level cap of the last expansion, looked at their dungeon blues, and thought "I win."

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/ch...all/chuckabear

they cant make unimlited art. So they need to prioritize.
    When someone asks them to completley replan the WoDs art plan (Just make a major feature 5 times as big please) shortly before beta, they will anwser, that that is just plane impossible and not a very producitve discussion.

Having discussions about, why their art production is this slow, and how you want them to prioritize their art production, on the other hand, would probably be helpfull for them. Just dont make it "just give me anything I want" and then expect them to act on that.
    "And all those exclamation marks, you notice? Five?
    A sure sign of someone who wears his underpants on his head."

Quote Originally Posted by Skeletroll View Post
    Sounds like they need to make a raid so you can have more items to transmog from there.

Deleted
    and how long would getting intergrated take? cuz we are hearing the same excusse for 4-5 years now, any regular worker gets integrated in MAXIMUM of 1 month. in my math 4years of telling ppl that they cant do it vs 1month of slower pace = 1month wins.

"takes a high standard of person to be able to work with them, they can't just hire any dev that comes along, and if that makes you "rage" and "boil inside" you need to seek help"
    this is the biggest nonsesne i ever heard. U think ppl working @blizz are somekind of gods, and any other mortal cant even compare to them? lets about about reality, not imagination.

Its funny how ppl like owbu cant realise the simple fact, its a game factory, as any other factory, more workspace = more workers = more products done in same about of time, while keeping same quality. If u need to adjust the quality, then it works a bit diffrent, but the main rule is that if u can produce 1000 soda cans a day with 10 empolyed ppl, when u employ another 10 (and have the req workspace) u will increase ur production to ~2000 (prolly less due to them beeing new at start and not so effective as the "old crew" but still that would give like 1700-1800 cans at start, 2000 after 1-2 months max)

But most of u jell "no its diffrent" mainly cuz of what? for me it seems like u never worked on any project from art/programing side, and as it beeing black magic for you, u swallow anything blizz tells u about it.
    Last edited by mmoc33f932b687; 2014-02-08 at 12:39 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by hir0shima View Post
    " same resources [...] less content for those other parts of the game"
    Have u noticed how blizzard uses this at every single occasion? Doesnt it make u rage on how immature it is?
    Have you noticed how immature it is - in a world where people still starve to death - to cry about #1 world problems?

Any other company that has a set in stone date when they have to deliver thier products and lacks the resources to do it, does 1 of those 2:
    1) notice thier client that this is impossible to do in this period of time. (setting new dates or loosing a client, depends how much the client is determinated about the dates)
    2) hire more manpower to meet the requirements (keeps the client happy, generates lower income)
    Sorry you forget:
    3) Release the game and dont give a fucking rats ass about the customers (like ea does all the time )

And what does blizz do in those situations?
    "less content for those other parts of the game" = reduces the quality of the product, making it even more meh, this avoids them loosing the income value at the end, trying to milk the client while giving him some lame excusses.
    There are many ppl that are looking for employment, talented, could do the job well. But taking them would mean less $$$ for blizzard (higher quality of product in this case means nothing).
    yeah right they could just hire you and the problem would be solved, right? thanks Ill prefer to wait a bit longer and get Blizz-Quality instead of EA-Quality

Knowing those simple facts, i just boil inside everytime i see "less content for those other parts of the game (due to lack of resources)".
    Every grown up knows there are doctors for that kind of problems

Anyone working for more then 2 years already knows how things are on the jobsmarket, so who are they trying to fool? do they rly think that most of thier clients are teenagers?
    You didnt just compared your "job" at walmart with working at blizzard, did YOU? ^^

Simple rule of thumb, everything can be done with 3 possiblities : done good, done fast, done cheap. But i should know that its always only 2 options out of 3 at same time. Above translates to blizzards line of production : done fast + done cheap = wont be good. (just take d3 as example). Would u rather like the combo of "done fast + done good = wont be cheap"? (leaving the "overprice topic" alone)
    As pointed out I prefer Blizzards done good then some ragekiddos i-want-more-content-done-fast... if you have a desire for that go to EA

10+ Year Old Account
    and how long would getting intergrated take? cuz we are hearing the same excusse for 4-5 years now, any regular worker gets integrated in MAXIMUM of 1 month. in my math 4years of telling ppl that they cant do it vs 1month of slower pace = 1month wins.

"takes a high standard of person to be able to work with them, they can't just hire any dev that comes along, and if that makes you "rage" and "boil inside" you need to seek help"
    this is the biggest nonsesne i ever heard. U think ppl working @blizz are somekind of gods, and any other mortal cant even compare to them? lets about about reality, not imagination.
    I'm pretty sure Blizzard is hiring and has been hiring for a very long time now. They are trying, but talent doesn't grow on trees.

And yes, raging over this is immature at best.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Santti View Post
    I'm pretty sure Blizzard is hiring and has been hiring for a very long time now. They are trying, but talent doesn't grow on trees.

And yes, raging over this is immature at best.
    Instead of doing that, they should invest more into training the wortless workers into a good computer programers. Any1 with a good skill would prefer going to another company or even start the company themselfs.

You need to invest money into someone to make them smart. You cant expect that just some school will make a person a super duper skilled programer. Its more of a world wide problem.
    Don't sweat the details!!!

Deleted
    Nah, they just don't care about WoW anymore. They try to take advantage of people's attachment to their characters (since most of the people playing now aren't new to the game) and just come up with 1 or 2 ideas for the new expansion to keep them playing. The answer "we either do this or this due to time/money issues" is a very lame answer.

What I find problem with is the fact that they said that many developers from TITAN were moved to WoW yet we don't see any difference in the work whatsoever, smaller expansion than before (less features overall) yet takes same amount of time to make and no, it's not because of the character model updates.

As I said before, I suspect those added developers are just working as advisers, sitting near a developer and just talking to them while working like that one person would have worked before at the same pace either way, basically more ideas and discussions in general but at the end same amount of work done or perhaps even less because discussions and ideas may lead to changing things so things would take even longer than usual to create.

Quote Originally Posted by Descense View Post
    Instead of doing that, they should invest more into training the wortless workers into a good computer programers. Any1 with a good skill would prefer going to another company or even start the company themselfs.

You need to invest money into someone to make them smart. You cant expect that just some school will make a person a super duper skilled programer. Its more of a world wide problem.
    This isn't about programmers, it's about artists. They've been hiring constantly, non-stop, for years. In fact, they just posted more jobs up with a promoted blue post even, something they rarely do.

Blizzard has something like a 300 person team on WoW now that the Titan team has been reduced for a while as that game went back into pre-development. With a team that big, if they say that splitting their resources simply wouldn't be productive, I'll be happy to defer to their wisdom and believe it.