Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Transmog restriction

Why are we able to transmog swords into mace etc, but unable to transmog sword into polerarm? Also why legendaries are not transmogable?

Because the animations between 1h swords and 1h maces are the same. Swords and polearms use different animations.
    And they've said multiple times that they don't want to see everyone and their mothers running around with transmogged legendaries.

Quote Originally Posted by blaqkmagick View Post
    Because the animations between 1h swords and 1h maces are the same. Swords and polearms use different animations.
    And they've said multiple times that they don't want to see everyone and their mothers running around with transmogged legendaries.
    They actually said that you're supposed to be able to mog other 2-handers into polearms and that they'd "look into it" but nothing ever came of it, for whatever reason.

https://twitter.com/OccupyGStreet/st...55466772541440
    Quote Originally Posted by videotape View Post
    To vehemently defend the claim like OP would is to present to these very forums a ludicrous display of ignorance and unawareness so profound and comical that it might actually deserve its own time slot on The History Channel.

Well, technically you can with the weaponmaster glyph as a warrior.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Krazzorx View Post
    Well, technically you can with the weaponmaster glyph as a warrior.
    Which is why I don't trust the "reasons" blizzard is telling us, anymore. Obviously many things that are requested are already possible but are still denied due to technical limitations? I doubt that.

Same for quivers, they have been in the game since classic and now they are no onger possible? Doesn't make much sense to me.
    It is just a comfortable lie nothing more so people stop asking for it.

Quote Originally Posted by blaqkmagick View Post
    MFW everyone is already running around with legendary cloaks. Blizzards reasoning for not letting us transmog to legendaries is stupid considering everyone is currently running around with orange capes.
    Check out my livestream and follow me on twitter.
    /
    I Livestream and do giveaways.

10+ Year Old Account
    Speaking of transmog it would be neat if you could play feral in normal form. In old hillsbrad foothills I was playing as a feral in human form which was neat.

Quote Originally Posted by NuLogic View Post
    Speaking of transmog it would be neat if you could play feral in normal form. In old hillsbrad foothills I was playing as a feral in human form which was neat.
    I would totally play feral if they could pull something off like a cat form that shows armor. I don't want to be doing cat moves in human form. Imo that would be weird, and I love feral play style. It just sucks only seeing a cat after all that work for gear.

Deleted
    Not all paladins are running around with judgement sets, so i dont think everyone would transmog legendaries. Many of them are not even that good looking in my opinion.

Deleted
    Blizzards reasons don't make sense anyway.

Concerning legendaries for exemple:
    Hammer of Ragnaros model is moagble (The fireland version); Everbody is running around with the cloak and so on. There is no good reason for this restriction.

White items:
    There are white items that are moggable and there are green ones that aren't, so there is no 100% rule here aswell, also since the tech is there to seperate normal white items and moggable white items, there is no reason why not make every white item that does not look totally ridiculous mogable other than they don't want to because it costs money.

Quivers as I have pointed out, they were available till cata, so I'm pretty sure they are still technically possible.

Mogsystem could be easyly extended but that would require someone doine it which blizzard obviously want to avoid as they cannot squeeze out money out of it.

I obviously can't say I'm sure of it but I feel like they have to let us transmog legendaries soon. It just seems so silly with everyone running around with orange cloaks.
    Check out my livestream and follow me on twitter.
    /
    I Livestream and do giveaways.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorthezar View Post
    I obviously can't say I'm sure of it but I feel like they have to let us transmog legendaries soon. It just seems so silly with everyone running around with orange cloaks.
    Probably ... but that would be just one small addition to what would be needed for mogging, atleast in my opinion.

I always stumble across thsi restriction, having a realy cool moging idea that is restricted because I cannot mog mail with my warrior who can wear mail.

I know that they have said that people should not be able to transmog items into legendaries but I wish they allowed you to transmog a legendary that you have into something else :/ When I got the legendary on my priest, it completely ruined my transmog look.

Quote Originally Posted by Talime View Post
    Blizzards reasons don't make sense anyway.

Concerning legendaries for exemple:
    Hammer of Ragnaros model is moagble (The fireland version); Everbody is running around with the cloak and so on. There is no good reason for this restriction.

White items:
    There are white items that are moggable and there are green ones that aren't, so there is no 100% rule here aswell, also since the tech is there to seperate normal white items and moggable white items, there is no reason why not make every white item that does not look totally ridiculous mogable other than they don't want to because it costs money.

Quivers as I have pointed out, they were available till cata, so I'm pretty sure they are still technically possible.

Mogsystem could be easyly extended but that would require someone doine it which blizzard obviously want to avoid as they cannot squeeze out money out of it.
    not everyone has the legendary cloak and blizzard's data shows only like 25% of the people actually have it.
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkvoltinx View Post
    not everyone has the legendary cloak and blizzard's data shows only like 25% of the people actually have it.
    Which is still a pretty impressive amount, don't you think?

And which datas are actually used, those of people who raid regulary?
    Every 90 Characters that exists which counts in every twink a player has?
    Only the accounts of players?
    Or even every character that exists which would mean also characters below lvl 90?

Quote Originally Posted by Gorthezar View Post
    MFW everyone is already running around with legendary cloaks. Blizzards reasoning for not letting us transmog to legendaries is stupid considering everyone is currently running around with orange capes.
    That does not change the argument.
    The cloaks are not being gathered because of their looks.
    Only called stupid by people who disagree with it, but choose to ignore any good arguments.

Old legendaries would be gathered and transmogged simply for their looks, turning them into something no better than any epic you do that with now.
    Kills any meaning they once had.
    Let them have what they used to be remain, rather than ruining that.
    Some people have fond memories of legendaries meaning something special to them, their experiences.
    I have no desire to see that taken away.

The data used today is a sample of 5.7 million characters from 2 million accounts, with at least one character on the account that was active after Nov 15. The sample is slightly biased, as players who are not in a guild are much less likely to appear in our sample.
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/content/...Contest-Voting

Not likely to include non-guilded characters, so that reduces the number.
    A small sample of 2 million accounts, so not everybody again.

Should be taken with a grain of salt instead of throwing around figures as absolute proof of something.
    Last edited by ComputerNerd; 2014-02-08 at 10:53 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

10+ Year Old Account
    transmogable white-quality items now!!!

Deleted
    Question is, what is so bad about "everyone" who wants them to mog, can mog them?

The times where only few people actually were able to raid and kill those bosses are long past. Raiding isn't something for the top elite anymore so why should these items remain it when obviosuly even newer legendaries are meant to be collected by a bigge ramount of players.

And even if they would be moggable, I doubt that they would be shown that often. Most of them still look pretty stupid and newer weapons from otehr raids look way better as graphics have improved since then.

Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    Let them have what they used to be remain, rather than ruining that.
    Sorry but using up 7 slo0ts in my bags isnt really "legendary", doesnt matter what lvl i used them on. atm its as useful as vendor food when it comes to bagspace
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulfric Trumpcloak View Post
    People on this site hate everything. Keep that in mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Northem View Post
    transmogable white-quality items now!!!
    that i agree with.
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor