Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by sith View Post
    Being able to 1v1 any other class in the game, and win 90% of the time.
    Because 1v1 ever means anything in this game
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Polarthief View Post
    Because 1v1 ever means anything in this game
    To each his own. Why not appreciate the diversity of people enjoying completely different things?
    My magic will tear you apart.

I have to say, this thread delivers! Thanks for all the responses and civil discussion.

I have been messing around on some alts lately thinking maybe I'd switch my main in WoD, but who am i fooling? Certainly not myself.

Here's to fireballs and blizzards (and hopefully polymorphing) in Alternate Draenor!
    Let Reason Prevail

Quote Originally Posted by Shangalar View Post
    To each his own. Why not appreciate the diversity of people enjoying completely different things?
    Oh I wasn't trying to devalue what 1v1 meant to someone, I'm just saying: Blizzard doesn't see 1v1 as anything. If they did, they would balance around it. It's the same reason they don't give a shit about 2v2, either.

If someone wants to enjoy 1v1, by all means, just it won't get them anything but personal satisfaction. *shrug*
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

Immunity to gravity. Slow fall ftw! Polymorph is fairly entertaining as well =)

10+ Year Old Account
    @Polarthief - does anyone play for anything except personal satisfaction heh? I really don't see any other reason to play. Even in a HC progress guild you still do it for yourself with your own time and resources. I wouldn't be playing if it didn't make me happy to a reasonable degree
    My magic will tear you apart.

Quote Originally Posted by Shangalar View Post
    @Polarthief - does anyone play for anything except personal satisfaction heh? I really don't see any other reason to play. Even in a HC progress guild you still do it for yourself with your own time and resources. I wouldn't be playing if it didn't make me happy to a reasonable degree
    To be fair, my last months were out of obligation, mostly because my GM was paying for my account, so I continued to raid for them because Mages seem to be non-existent on Sargeras.

You do have a good point, but I was just saying that it didn't really mean anything in areas of the game that actually matter; that progress you. You can be the best 1v1er in the world, but be absolute garbage at actual PvP or PvE, meaning you're not really anything special. *Shrug* To each their own, but to a certain point. If dueling is the best thing you find fun, you're playing the wrong game (or class), IMO.

The only time I 'semi' mained a Mage was during ICC and it was because it was so insanely easy. Movement ability's(blink) and immunity's(iceblock) were pretty rare back then so it felt like I didn't even have to bother with planning ahead for movement or dealing with mechanics, I could just blink to where i had to move to and go back to shitting on every other dps.

I'm sure all of the super l33t Mage's here will love me.
    Hi Sephurik

I would also like to throw this out there that it's super NOT enjoyable to play a Mage if you frequent the official forums. Even giving feedback or trying to discuss something, you get instantly shot down and flamed just for being a Mage. It's quite sad, really (and part of why I'm glad to be banned from that flamefest of toxic, retarded, garbage-spewing, monkeys).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Polarthief View Post
    I would also like to throw this out there that it's super NOT enjoyable to play a Mage if you frequent the official forums. Even giving feedback or trying to discuss something, you get instantly shot down and flamed just for being a Mage. It's quite sad, really (and part of why I'm glad to be banned from that flamefest of toxic, retarded, garbage-spewing, monkeys).
    To be fair since MoP this has gonne down a lot. But than again magepvp in MoP has been a real surprise since the stigmata of the mage performance at the start of the expansion didn't occur (the first half of the first season of a new expansion mages are above avarage because lack of epic pvp gear)

Their is ussually this thing that it's okey to flame mages. But it also seems that whenever warrior setup is top in arena their are more complaints because those setups are defined easier and zergy.

- - - Updated - - -

Hmm what i enjoy of the mage. Well this expansion i have been raiding all the way untill now which hasn't happened in any other expansion. But the main reason for this is because of the cool raiddungeons, havn't raided for so much in a long time, have a really awesome raiding guild where we have a laugh etc!!(awesome community)

I love/hate altertime, it gives a lot of thought and has some great moments. I also enjoyed Greater invisibility when i finally switched during patch 5.2
    I had a moment of joy while trying to do dailies killing goats with tempest or frostbomb for a little while:P (there are some raiding moments as well with other abilities)

Hmm unfortunatly other WoW aspects I enjoyed have disapeared:
    PVP: I loved the mage being this annoying imp in Diablo that's untouchable, winning a fight through controll. Unfortunatly since cataclysm this gameplay is gone.
    PVP: I loved dueling warriors in Wrath, a good warrior was so awesome to duel. The dynamic of spellreflect really pushed eachothers skillcap continously and created such interresting gameplay (hated spellreflect in arena though :P).

PVE-Dungeons: I loved cataclysm dungeons, they had just the right difficulty. Very challenging but not tweaked that you get insta killed by one hit :P (TBC). So much crowdcontrolling needed and doing it with a group you know on ts (awesome gameplay that made the community aspect more attractive). I love challenging but rewarding dungeons, I actually find them better gamedesign than raids because you can use your entire arsenal in dungeons.

I started as a pally in vanilla so for me it was at first about having an alt that made its own food and which I could set my heartstone to the zone I was leveling in to save time while training my abilities. I still love stuff like portals and our various personal survival/movement abilities like blink, iceblock, or the shields in their various forms.

Sadly, I have been greatly annoyed not that locks have survival cooldowns they should but that theirs are clearly better in a lot of raids situtations like the personal shield which has no cd at all and is passive. Even more then this, it is the fact that they bring several unique spells like gateway and healthstones when currently every other buff like say spell power or crit % for example can be brought by another class.

Ive been playing mage since early vanilla and it have always been my main. Im deeply worried about blizzards crusade to remove abilities.. i did not like having my blastwave and fire orb removed and i will not enjoy losing more abilities (except possible that fkn rune.... i hate standing in it).
    what i enjoy in this game is challenge, be it from solo group or raid content. watching for procs is something i like, because it adds complexity, it sets apart good from bad players.

even thou i enjoyed (and enjoy it right now when playing on private realms) vanilla wow, imo one of the greatest flaw there was the 1 button rotation... pressing fire ball or frostbolt repetedly for 10minutes is rly fucking boring. The firedps today thou is great, it keeps you away watching your heatingup procs and you need to keep an eye on bomb timers and look for opportunitys to cleave with infernoblast.

now about alter time, giving us a glyph that whould make it not snapshot positioning whould be great imo. I certanly dont wanna see it removed.

Well, first post in these forums so might as well make it worth and post a wall of text.

Anyway, am 22 now and been playing wow since cata and reached 85 when DS had 5% debuff already, dont recall the right date. Was playing resto shaman cause I liked to heal in other mmorpgs. Finished cata as Rshaman as main and almost every other class at 85, was not working much at that time so had a lot spare time at work to level my alts. When mop came, I decided to try something new cause, well, playing a class and being somewhat good at it wasnt a issue but I didnt feel like it was my class/role, I proceeded to level up alts, I had all the tanking classes up, all healing classes, main char who I raided/played most was my prot warrior but same, I could raid with my friends and do dailys and explore the Azeroth but something was missing. I was at that time working alot more, was able to mostly play 1-2 days each week max and then my work accident came, almost lost my left eye completely and after being gone from the game for 2 months I came back. Picked up my war but was unable to tank cause the sight was (is) disorientated, so I left the raiding and thought, might as well level up my mage. Leveled as fire, liked it but when I hit 90 and after some consideration went frost to try that spec out, I fell in love. That spec and class felt right, it literally felt like I belong to play that class, my first dps class but it did not matter. I got my mage up and running for raiding at 5.2. My guild was still progressing in ToT normal then and when I joined first normal run as mage, I was even more in love, the utility, the tools, the means. I didnt even have any recount/skada cause I didnt care what my dps was at that point, I was just doing my job and loving it. Since then, I lost my need to level alts, I read/look/discuss about my class/spec and still, after long hours of playing the same spec all the time, I am not bored and I still find new things to do with my mage. I am casual player, we raid as guild but its nothing serious, we raid 1 day per week, maybe 2, most of us are working in shifts so we cant really have a schedule but we are doing good. What still keeps me playing mage is the small things at the moment, being in party and doing some mobs killing and doing mob pulling/invi to kill the jerk of the group, running for the top dps in raids (our hunter/rogue/lock and me are usually about 0.1-0.4% apart from eachother), pissing of people with stonard portal, accepting money for dalaran portal and then sending them to their death in Hillsbrad and then politely asking, hows the weather in dala nowadays. Not to mention the other small things but thats how I got to the mage and why I like it, theres alot more but thats the basic.

Tinary - Wanted for causing 248 deaths and displacement to group and raid members with portals.

10+ Year Old Account
    Teleport (major reason I picked a mage), [Bipsi's Bobbing Berg], dropping people off at Dalaran Crater.

10+ Year Old Account
    When I was a druid from 2005 'til patch 5.0, I thought I'd never survive on another character because of no instant flight form.

Then as a mage I realized being able to teleport to major cities is worth ten thousand times that.

Then once you finish all the gold challenge modes. I CAN GO ANYWHERE INSTANTLY!
    Let Reason Prevail