Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

The best time to be a Shadow Priest

BC hands down, even vanilla. It has gotten worse and worse for shadow.

Deleted
    Cataclysm was pretty good.

Cata was good, then ghostcrawler saw one mage crying; so he nerfed priests to oblivion.

Hope you're kidding. Nothing could have topped Cata.
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    I dont care if they are allowed to donate, but I think we should have an option to refuse gay blood if we need to receive blood.

Deleted
    I liked my role in TBC a lot.

actually i've enjoyed being a shadow priest in every expansion, less in MOP for obvious reasons... but you learn to deal with it tbh.

Light comes from darkness shise's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightstorm View Post
    BC hands down, even vanilla. It has gotten worse and worse for shadow.

The Burning Crusade? lol

Quote Originally Posted by shise View Post
    The Burning Crusade? lol

Having experienced this (both the song on The Muppet Show (Sandra Bullock, right?) and being a mana battery), i laughed so hard. Mind you, I'm at work xD

I have experienced and played every expansion and vanilla as a shadowpriest and have awesome memories on each period.

Rotation/Mechanics -> Cataclysm
    PVP - BC/Vanilla <3 Blackout
    PvE - BC/Wotlk

And I really liked early MoP with phantasm and void shift in pvp until it was nerfed, but I can not really say which is my favourite because i had so many incredible moments and this is why i still play and love this spec.
    The flavor, the style since the very first moment i started this game.

But one of the best things of being a shadowpriest is the community. <3
    <inactive>

I loved mana battery, made Shadow unique.

I only started playing shadow in Wrath and I think that was my favorite time. Though I did enjoy it during Catta too.

Classic pvp and late Cata pve

ICC

10chars

I'd keep WoTLK gameplay with Cataclysm tuning and MoP talents.

10+ Year Old Account
    I loved SPriest in Cata, it was very elegant and the pinnacle of the playstyle IMO. Nasty learning curve, but once you got it, it was very cool.

Since the MoP changes I don't even bother to log my Priest in. I don't think it's bad or anything, but the harsh style change lost it for me. Just about style preference. Now to me, SPriest feels like playing everything else, just with clunkier mechanics.

I really liked the playstyle with the tier bonuses in Cata. They made the spec so much fun to play. Even though DS as a raid was not great imo, the mind spike rotation with the tier 13 bonuses was a lot of fun to me. Those of you guys saying Wrath should probably specify which tier, because ToC says hi...

The one and only time I've been benched was on heroic Jaraxxus progression, because shadow had no burst for maiden portals. I'm still bitter about it lol. That tier was not good for shadow.

Quote Originally Posted by Sakamae View Post
    the mind spike rotation with the tier 13 bonuses was a lot of fun to me.
    I hated it with all my guts.

Quote Originally Posted by Dierdre View Post
    I hated it with all my guts.
    Lol, yea it was pretty unpopular. I liked it mostly because after a tier of doing the same thing it was something different.

Quote Originally Posted by Lovestar View Post
    I loved SPriest in Cata, it was very elegant and the pinnacle of the playstyle IMO. Nasty learning curve, but once you got it, it was very cool.

Since the MoP changes I don't even bother to log my Priest in. I don't think it's bad or anything, but the harsh style change lost it for me. Just about style preference. Now to me, SPriest feels like playing everything else, just with clunkier mechanics.
    I don't know, there were many teeth grinding and head-desk moments in Cata when orbs refused to proc for up to nearly a minute at a time... we were so very RNG dependant, that's something I won't miss about Cata.

What I miss the most is the original Vampiric Embreace, it felt really good knowing that the more you pushed your own performance the better chances your raid members had of surviving (even if 3% wasn't huge, it did make a difference). Also miss the mana regeneration utility (but not the terrible dps that was payoff for it), it made you as a shadow priest so so very popular among healers back then. ^^

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Calamari View Post
    I don't know, there were many teeth grinding and head-desk moments in Cata when orbs refused to proc for up to nearly a minute at a time... we were so very RNG dependant, that's something I won't miss about Cata.
    For sure. But it was also fun in a weird way. It's hard to explain. I also like Fury Warrior a lot, even though it's another "PROC YOU #$%@#" spec until very high gear levels. Love/hate thing. =)

What I miss the most is the original Vampiric Embreace, it felt really good knowing that the more you pushed your own performance the better chances your raid members had of surviving (even if 3% wasn't huge, it did make a difference). Also miss the mana regeneration utility (but not the terrible dps that was payoff for it), it made you as a shadow priest so so very popular among healers back then. ^^
    This so much, I hate the new VE with violent passion. And honestly, in a lot of situations it's more useful like this, but I still hate it because this is not my VE!

I leveled my Priest back in TBC specifically because I loved seeing swarms of green numbers flying everywhere while I killed stuff. It was just the SPriest thing, killing stuff made green numbers fly out and blue bars go up. It felt really good as the Anti-Healer where you still "help" everyone, but you did so by horribly maiming other creatures. :p

Now it's just... eh... I don't know. It's lost all its character. I mean yeah, SForm & wings are still cool, I still like the feel of Mind Flay as the weird anti-castbar rotation, but it's just not the same. ;_;