Page 1 of 2
LastLast

10m Heroic Iron Juggernaut

We attempted Heroic Iron Juggernaut last night. We had 19 pulls and still didn't down the boss. The phase we mostly have trouble on is the siege phase. Some people would drop before we stack to use Barrier or AMZ. There were pulls where the entire raid managed to stay alive until we got shock pulsed, but then the healing seemed rather pitiful (everyone still around 50% before the next shock pulse).

Logs: http://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/...4&type=healing

Deleted
    When knocked back off Shock Pulse, you are calling for the raid to spread out around the back wall, and separating your healers across the spread right?

Most guilds assume when knocked back you've got to stay stacked, this is an absolute no no.

Quote Originally Posted by AmaranthineSR View Post
    When knocked back off Shock Pulse, you are calling for the raid to spread out around the back wall, and separating your healers across the spread right?

Most guilds assume when knocked back you've got to stay stacked, this is an absolute no no.
    Why is that? Seemed to work fine for us, provided we reacted to tar and lasers.

moving tranq. glyph helps if your druid heals doesnt have it yet.Oh nd on knockback we do spread at first, then we stack up on back wall for the next shock pulse.

he shoots out cannons that do unavoidable aoe damage within 6 yards at people http://www.wowhead.com/spell=144154

healing is really rough on this fight, make sure people are individually using their cds smartly and you are using all your raid healing cds.
    what we do is for the first part stack in amz and get knocked back, stay back and here we drop a tranq, healing tide, something. loosely spread out.
    stack back up for 2nd pulse in barrier, use another cd
    use personal cds for 3 pulse

resto druids are pretty strong on this fight and your hpally does not seem to be doing very well

Your guild is taking a ton of damage from borer drills
    Last edited by bals; 2014-02-11 at 03:35 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Magpai View Post
    Why is that? Seemed to work fine for us, provided we reacted to tar and lasers.
    Yeah, we just stay semi-stacked inside Healing Rain and Efflorescence. Person that gets laser GTFO's and we shift the stack to the left or right depending on where tar lands. Really easy.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by bals View Post
    he shoots out cannons that do AVOIDABLE aoe damage within 6 yards at people http://www.wowhead.com/spell=144154

healing is really rough on this fight, make sure people are individually using their cds smartly and you are using all your raid healing cds.
    what we do is for the first part stack in amz and get knocked back, stay back and here we drop a tranq, healing tide, something. loosely spread out.
    stack back up for 2nd pulse in barrier, use another cd
    use personal cds for 3 pulse

resto druids are pretty strong on this fight and your hpally does not seem to be doing very well

Your guild is taking a ton of damage from borer drills
    FYP.

During Siege phase we just had the raid get knocked back far away and stayed there loosely spread in order to heal. That way no cannons will hit you and you only have the laser and the bombs to worry about. To make this work EVERYONE has to stay close otherwise bombs will spawn all over the place.

GL with the kill.

10+ Year Old Account

You can easily stay stacked. Just don't be near any tar and you'll be fine. If you get the laser you run out. Simple stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Uggorthaholy View Post
    Thanks but no thanks, Lora, for making me question everything in existence forever.

Moving together as he does the Barrage can work (so that you are all 6y away from where it gets targetted).

We found it much easier though to just stay spread 60y from the boss in siege phase, /range 8 and assign spots where everyone would go to. Generally we put DPS on the outside so they'd have room to kite the laser without tracking it through healers. Also this allowed all 3 healers to be in range of the whole raid in siege phase. Made it very easy to heal, popping a major raid or heal CD for each shock blast.

I think your druid and holy pal need to step it up a bit in raw HPS. I'm seeing your Disc priest way on top for every fight. Which normally isn't a concern but it seems they aren't reacting fast to people being low. This fight really is about topping people off quickly. That being said I do see a lot of deaths from avoidable damage in assault phase also.

Quote Originally Posted by Tungzten View Post
    FYP.

During Siege phase we just had the raid get knocked back far away and stayed there loosely spread in order to heal. That way no cannons will hit you and you only have the laser and the bombs to worry about. To make this work EVERYONE has to stay close otherwise bombs will spawn all over the place.

GL with the kill.
    you didn't fix anything.
    the damage from that ability is unavoidable. what is avoidable is the # of people getting hit by it.

Deleted
    the almost only way to do it:
    1. DONT stack up in siege phase (aoe shot on some ppl will kill you)
    2. Use 4 Healers!!! the enrage is a cakewalk. Its a healing boss. You will not need then in p1 but in p2!

4 healers isn't remotely needed. If you need 4 healers then you have bad healers. Many guilds 2 heal H IJ once they get it on farm status.

most first kills the enrage is actually fairly tight too if you do the stack far away from the boss.
    although with 4 healers it would be a lot easier to stay in during siege phase

We proceed to dps the boss then once the tar comes up we'll stack up for Barrier. We'll get blown back and stay separated.

During one of the siege phases I tried to spirit shell the entire raid for the second shock pulse but one of the dps drug the laser right on top of me. We had everyone standing in a line from left to right being away from each other for 6yds.

First shock pulse: AMZ or Barrier (based off positioning) with Smoke Bomb
    Second shock pulse: Spirit Shell, personal cds, healthstones (if needed) and warrior cds (I am not familiar with warrior cds) from tank
    Third shock pulse: Devotion Aura, Barrier or AMZ

After the second shock pulse we called for our druid to use Tranq and after the third for her to use Incarnation to help heal up the raid.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nexii View Post
    4 healers isn't remotely needed. If you need 4 healers then you have bad healers. Many guilds 2 heal H IJ once they get it on farm status.
    when they get it on farm status wich this OP obviously doesnt have, nice contribution brov

Quote Originally Posted by Lastig View Post
    when they get it on farm status wich this OP obviously doesnt have, nice contribution brov
    My point is that healer HPS doesn't magically double with a bit of heroic gear. If 2 healers can do it then 4 shouldn't ever be needed. I don't think 4 healing it is good because it's more difficult to stay in during siege even with 4 healers, than to be knocked back and AOE heal with 3. Also when you factor in the loss of a DPS, it's no faster to do it this way.

Your raid need to GTFO from the borer drill, your holy paladin is being carried in healing when he is supposed to be on the top, he doesnt use HS on CD, using LoD with EF spec, bad timing on his cd, as a pally you use DF+HA in the pull and save everything else for the siege phase, he is using them before the siege phase, he have sacrifice glyphed but not using it, your healers have the gear to two heal this fight.

Quote Originally Posted by Nexii View Post
    My point is that healer HPS doesn't magically double with a bit of heroic gear. If 2 healers can do it then 4 shouldn't ever be needed. I don't think 4 healing it is good because it's more difficult to stay in during siege even with 4 healers, than to be knocked back and AOE heal with 3. Also when you factor in the loss of a DPS, it's no faster to do it this way.
    The three of you who had commented on four-healing are missing a relevant point in your discussion (even if you know it): The idea behind four healing is to stay in range of boss and continue dpsing during siege phase. I don't think anyone's seriously suggesting you run out of cannon range and also four heal. If they are then yes, that's totally overkill and will likely lead to an enrage wipe.

Quote Originally Posted by jag5268 View Post

After the second shock pulse we called for our druid to use Tranq and after the third for her to use Incarnation to help heal up the raid.
    I heal this encounter as a resto druid and, IMHO, Soul of the Forest is a much better talent pick for this encounter. SotF+glyphed wild growth+4 pc tier bonus = very solid aoe burst healing. I always proc SotF and cast wild growth just as the knock back happens.

Since it appears you're having the most trouble with siege phase, I'll offer some advice that works for our group.

As soon as the phase starts and ticking damage begins going out, have your warrior drop Demo Banner. Have a marker down indicating a stacking point, and as soon as the tar goes out, make sure everyone stacks on the marker and priest uses his Bubble. Make sure people are not stacked on the marker BEFORE the tar goes out, because you don't want any dropped there. You generally don't need to stack Bubble with anything else, a 25% reduction is enough.

After first knockback, have everyone loosely spread, even though you're out-ranging the red circles, you still take damage from the unavoidable 6-yard range cannons. As soon as you're knocked back, have your feral pop HoTW and Tranq. There is a fairly short window to do this, so make sure he is aware to do it immediately after the knockback. After this, have him blanket the raid with Rejuvenation.

For the second knockback, drop Smoke Bomb on a stacking marker, and combine it with Devotion Aura. Immediately after the 2nd knockback, have your Resto pop his tranq.

For the third, use your warrior's Rallying Cry combined with an AMZ on the stacking marker. Wait for the tanks to soak the mines, pop roar and run back to the boss.

Rinse and repeat this for the 2nd siege phase, the only difference is that you won't have the Feral Tranq between the 1st and 2nd knockbacks. Counter this with hearthstones and/or personal cooldowns.

EDIT: Don't bother with Spirit Shell. The pulsing nature damage will often strip it before the knockback.
    Last edited by Nebs; 2014-02-11 at 08:09 PM.