WoW on a tv show....

Hey guys, just wondering, I have this stuck in my head. I recently saw a tv show, comedy, and a character freaked out because a girl (gf maybe?) cancelled his wow account....its a brainfart and its probably a major show but i cant get the scene out of my head....any idea which show this may have been? not sure if it was new or a rerun, sorry....

ps might be wrong forum, but i figured wow related, so what the hell....

darque

10+ Year Old Account
    Tosh.O?

There's always WoW ragers on his show.

- - - Updated - - -

Another possibility is Ridiculousness with Rob Dyrdek.

yeah Tosh.0 did a segment with a viral video about a guy freaking out from a few years ago, might be what you were thinking about
    http://tosh.comedycentral.com/video-...s/wow-freakout

nah that was his mom....this was a sitcom....oh well thanks anyway

10+ Year Old Account
    Its been on Big Bang Theory a couple times. Sheldon had his account hacked once, but I dont remember any fighting over it. He also got Penny addicted to Age of Conan on an episode

No need to freak out when he can just log in and start it back up.

I always find it amusing how the game is portrayed on television. For instance, Big Bang Theory. It's like they use the name but no aspects of the game whatsoever... If their science knowledge on that show is anything like their WoW knowledge, the show might as well just shit out it's scripts. People buy it anyway because stereotypes are cute.

Quote Originally Posted by Compstance View Post
    No need to freak out when he can just log in and start it back up.

I always find it amusing how the game is portrayed on television. For instance, Big Bang Theory. It's like they use the name but no aspects of the game whatsoever... If their science knowledge on that show is anything like their WoW knowledge, the show might as well just shit out it's scripts. People buy it anyway because stereotypes are cute.
    What, you telling me there are no Battle Ostriches in WoW?!

wasnt big bang either....dammit i knew i should have paid more attention....il stumble across it again one of these days....

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    People buy it anyway because stereotypes are cute.
    That may be why it has such high ratings, but some gamers and geeks love watching the show because it is a warm glimpse of their culture. Think of it like an alternate universe where the general subjects are familiar but the details are all wrong. If they spent more time on the details it would lose the charm in the characters, which is much more important than the specifics. In actuality the show is one big in joke for geeks because we are 'in the know' while the general audience has no clue, but enjoys it anyways.
    BAD WOLF

10+ Year Old Account
    It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia had an episode where they played an MMO very similar to WoW but it wasn't WoW. Called "Charlie Rules the World".
    Ryzen 9 5900X/Trident Z Neo 32GB 3600 CL16/AORUS 1080 Ti Xtreme/Crosshair VIII Hero Wi-Fi/Arctic Liquid Freezer II 240/Optane 900p 3D XPoint/EVGA SuperNOVA 1200 P2/Lian Li O11 Dynamic XL/Steelcase Leap/BenQ XL2411Z/Philips Fidelio X2HR/Noppoo Choc Mini (RIP Reckful)/Razer Viper Ultimate/QcK Heavy

10+ Year Old Account
    My first thought about WoW on tv was this:

Quote Originally Posted by Kelimbror View Post
    That may be why it has such high ratings, but some gamers and geeks love watching the show because it is a warm glimpse of their culture. Think of it like an alternate universe where the general subjects are familiar but the details are all wrong. If they spent more time on the details it would lose the charm in the characters, which is much more important than the specifics. In actuality the show is one big in joke for geeks because we are 'in the know' while the general audience has no clue, but enjoys it anyways.
    My assessment of the show wasn't intended to be as negative as it came out. I enjoy the show for what it is. I was more making the comparison to the facts of the show. I don't know the science behind all of their comments(except some references here and there), I was just noting that if it's anything like the WoW references, they're all bullshit to make people laugh. Again, based on stereotypes.

That said, having an enjoyable show filled with warm characters is of course more interesting than a show bogged down in science facts. It's the main thing Doctor Who has going for it. Science fiction? Not really. Great stories with wonderful characters? Absolutely.

Not that BBT even holds a match to the glory of Doctor Who, but BBT is still a good show for what it's worth.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    *snip*
    Ah ok. Your visual metaphor seemed scathing so I totally misunderstood you. I've always like the show because as a member of geek culture that is seeing a renaissance and dissemination through pop culture, I feel like the people watching are laughing at the characters while we get to secretly laugh at the 'others' watching the show. I feel like the show is one gigantic inside joke for gamers, awkward people, and geeks.

To get OT, unless this is something that just aired and isn't a rerun, I don't see any mention of a show other than South Park, Big Bang, How I Met Your Mother, and a couple others on the WoW wiki. Certainly none that fit your explanation of events.
    BAD WOLF

10+ Year Old Account
    They used WoW on the TV show Chuck too
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?

10+ Year Old Account
    This video is so unfunny I almost cried.

Quote Originally Posted by Superman-BladesEdge View Post
    My first thought about WoW on tv was this:

holy shit i need to see an oncologist now