Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    My experience has been Teamspeak and Mumble chats are extremely active, but it's hard to type since the combat is so active. It's not like your sitting afk on a mount flying you to whereever while you mapchat.
    Valar morghulis

the most active chat I've seen for mmos was Tera oddly enough. the quality of the chat there was questionable but it was certainly the busiest.

gw2 just doesn't seem to lend itself to map chat outside of Lions Arch

odd that you mentioned TSW, fencers, my experience has been the opposite. absolute silence in the playable areas. only chat I saw was in Argatha and that was mostly just LFG chat
    Last edited by Valeron; 2014-02-04 at 08:06 PM.

I loved Tera's global chat. Every game should have a global chat. It was not only cool to be able to jump into a conversation whenever (not having to rely on a guild chat being active, for example), but also made me feel like I knew some of the community and that my server wasn't full of a bunch of strangers.

As for TS & WvW, there's plenty of time to type on my server. Nobody's doing a damn thing when we're all stacked on the commander waiting for him/her to do something, or PvDing, or karma training (which granted doesn't happen that often anymore). Hell, half the time we're traipsing around the map I have auto-run on and am TPing. :P
    "We must now recognize that the greatest threat of freedom for us all is if we go back to eating ourselves out from within." - John Anderson

well that global chat was often times less than stellar, I'll just put it nicely that way

ya all have probs filling lane 5 ?
    I Have this theory that the travel distance VS laze = failing at filling lanes.
    "If you want to control people, if you want to feed them a pack of lies and dominate them, keep them ignorant. For me, literacy means freedom." - LaVar Burton.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lane View Post
    Hell, half the time we're traipsing around the map I have auto-run on and am TPing. :P
    Explains both why you get farmed and why you are always broke :P
    Valar morghulis

Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    well that global chat was often times less than stellar, I'll just put it nicely that way
    This is my experience with every global chat ever... more often then anything it's used for BS

Quote Originally Posted by Karizee View Post
    Explains both why you get farmed and why you are always broke :P
    It's not like there's anything else going on. :P

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    Well, I don't consider myself easily offended (though I do have a few triggers :P) and am fairly politically incorrect myself, so most of the time it doesn't bother me. Having said that, I haven't been in Tera's global chat since it went F2P so it may be quite different than what I remember.

WoW trade chat didn't bother me much either, at least until the "anal [insert skill here]" spam. -_-
    "We must now recognize that the greatest threat of freedom for us all is if we go back to eating ourselves out from within." - John Anderson

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lane View Post
    It's not like there's anything else going on. :P

- - - Updated - - -

Well, I don't consider myself easily offended (though I do have a few triggers :P) and am fairly politically incorrect myself, so most of the time it doesn't bother me. Having said that, I haven't been in Tera's global chat since it went F2P so it may be quite different than what I remember.

WoW trade chat didn't bother me much either, at least until the "anal [insert skill here]" spam. -_-
    Ah, the memories of leaving a bg/arena to see chat "Dirge...." etc. Never did understand it, but kids`ll be kids hehe
    Good memories though, chat in one city could be read from any, even enemy cities. I often used to sit in IF pestering the scummy Alliance & fishing & posting "free crafting if you come to me"

15+ Year Old Account
    Tera's global chat, is more often than not, will reduce your IQ with its stupidity. There are sometimes it is interesting, or worth reading (but that's pretty rare). However I think I would like a global chat for Gw2 just because...I would like something to read while I'm leveling, even if it's pretty much derp nonsense.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaelwryn View Post
    Tera's global chat, is more often than not, will reduce your IQ with its stupidity. There are sometimes it is interesting, or worth reading (but that's pretty rare). However I think I would like a global chat for Gw2 just because...I would like something to read while I'm leveling, even if it's pretty much derp nonsense.
    This, yeah. I don't care if it's lame ass stuff sometimes. I can use a laugh once in a while 8)

10+ Year Old Account
    Chat is dead most of the time, I've no concern though, map chat is generally ridiculous and irritating in mmos. Wow often surprises me with some decent chatty, gw2 not so much.

Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    Chat is dead most of the time, I've no concern though, map chat is generally ridiculous and irritating in mmos. Wow often surprises me with some decent chatty, gw2 not so much.
    are you talking about a specific chat in a specific zone? The reason why I'm asking: I play GW2 quite late at night (10:00pm - 2:00am) and chat in Lion's Arch and WvW is really active. I don't say that I participate that much though. I prefer teamspeak in WvW and when I'm asking some questions (mostly in WvW) I always get helpful answers. Don't ask me about chat in Orr or any zone, I don't use it that much.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maarius View Post
    are you talking about a specific chat in a specific zone? The reason why I'm asking: I play GW2 quite late at night (10:00pm - 2:00am) and chat in Lion's Arch and WvW is really active. I don't say that I participate that much though. I prefer teamspeak in WvW and when I'm asking some questions (mostly in WvW) I always get helpful answers. Don't ask me about chat in Orr or any zone, I don't use it that much.
    midday is my gw2 playtime and wvw is often quiet, lions arch is different but it's a main hub. It's really not the big thing for me, i found rift start zone chat enough to put me off the game tbh so sometimes it's not good.

Was doing Griffinroon Run. Forgot about Marionette. Got lazerbeamed near the end. =|

Can you no longer get into Scarlet's lair? Or did they make it so you can only get in with the character who made the power core? I thought it was account wide once you opened the door, but my alt can't get in.

Deleted
    So anyone else feeling like ragequitting after seeing the loots OTHER people win at Wurm and Marionette?
    This entire week, at least 3 wurm-ascended armour chests have dropped each encounter, at least 1 wurm mini ( which sells for 200 gold or more ) and to top it off, someone got freaking DUSK from Wurm this evening.

I think someone from ANET realy enjoys torturing me. Litteraly everywhere I got, someone else is winning something expensive or a precursor ( like the dude who won Zap from the harpy fracta....I hope you salvaged it by mistake )

I learned long ago to not get upset over loot in this game. If I get anything above a green it's a bonus to me.

Wait, you can get drops that are better than greens?
    In most cases, I understand the other side's viewpoint and how they came to it, but cannot tolerate their stubbornness to not see mine (the right one).

Yeah, especially when it's RNG loot. RNG doesn't care how much effort you put into the fight, how many successful attempts you've been present for, how long you've been playing the game, nada.